U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 10:05 PM

790 posts, read 818,775 times

Advertisements

What is LWR, CC, and CCE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingnearthebeach View Post
So, I'm back from my trip to the Sarasota area and have lots of questions. Seems as though I have a fondness for LWR. However, also have a few concerns.

The Ambassador took us on a nice tour of the ranch. It's really nice. However, I think he didn't have his facts straight. He indicated that there aren't that many foreclosures or homes for sale. Upon arriving home, I've since discovered that there are a good number of homes for sale and an equally good number of foreclosures.

Despite that, I really like CC and CCE within LWR. And, in particular I like the quality of construction offered by Lee Wetherington and Gibraltar. However, they seem to be charing A LOT for a smallish home and a small lot. This concerns me seeing that the median home price has fallen slightly since last year in that area.

I'm not ruling this out. Just trying to make an educated and WISE decision. Any help you can offer would be terrific! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 08:43 AM

29 posts, read 32,207 times
Lakewood ranc, country club and country club east

Old 04-30-2011, 04:08 PM

29 posts, read 32,207 times
So, just when I thought I was getting closer to make a decision . . . any help is greatly appreciated. I've narrowed my list of potential locations to relocate to Lakewood Ranch - Country Club East. But now I have some concerns:
- Narrowed to Lee Wetherington and Gibraltar. Worried about the price per square foot of a new build, no lot premium, no upgrades yet, and includes pool. They are quoting a price of approximately 170.00 per sq ft which seems high in this economic times in the housing world. Thoughts?

- I read that they both may have financial issues and that one builder is having challenges keeping up on paying his staff. The other builder had some issues with foreclosures.

I so want to make this work but don't want to get into financial troubles buy purchasing in before the bottom drops or from a builder that is overpriced and has financial challenges.

Any thoughts from my trusty Floridian experts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area