Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 12:00 PM

86 posts, read 159,031 times

Advertisements

I have a bungalow, 3/2, 2300 sqf house. It has a pool and two car garage. It's clean and in very good condition. It's close to everything, for example: it's about a 10 minutes drive to SK Beach, 15 min to downtown. Also it has a boat dock with lifts on Phillippi Creek.

My questions are
1- How much can I expect to get for rental furnished or unfurnished?
2- Where do I advertise my property beside Craiglist?
3- Can someone recommend a property management company that takes cares of rental properties?

Why am I renting it? I now have access to a property that is 10 minutes walk to the beach for my trips to Sarasota
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 07:19 AM

I guess no one has experience with renting here.
Do you think $1500/mth unfurnished is reasonable?

Old 02-11-2011, 07:25 AM

9,290 posts, read 14,905,031 times
Are there no other houses for rent in Toronto you could compare it to?

Could you call up a real estate agent and just ask them for an opinion?

Failing that, put it on the market and see who contacts you. It sounds like a very reasonable rent to me- but of course I'm basing it on my area- and you need an opinion from Toronto.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
Are there no other houses for rent in Toronto you could compare it to?

Could you call up a real estate agent and just ask them for an opinion?

Failing that, put it on the market and see who contacts you. It sounds like a very reasonable rent to me- but of course I'm basing it on my area- and you need an opinion from Toronto.
I guess my post is not clear. The bungalow I want to rent out is in Sarasota.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:48 AM

204 posts, read 601,644 times
Seasonal, plus furnished/non, plus amenities is a lot of if/then variables.

Call a property management firm, they will have the best feel for going rents. We've used Stringer Property Management before in the past, they were very professional. Just google their full name, they come right up.

Failing that, if you are ever in the area, drive-bys calling comparable properties with for rent signs is usually enlightening. Quite a few places never get advertised in the mainstream publications/websites. Also, negotiation is the word of the day - few advertised prices are set in stone.

-HHH

Old 02-11-2011, 08:59 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
if you want quick comparison check your area with what is on VRBO
there are many properties in Sarasota county advertised there--by owners but sometimes with management company as well
VRBO is mainly short term rentals although there are some there that might rent for longer periods-but they are all going to be furnished...

Old 02-12-2011, 11:17 AM

12 posts, read 56,152 times
$1500 seems reasonable. I am currently paying 1400 with out the pool. I am a little further north but about the same distance to sk and downtown.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:38 PM

14 posts, read 27,411 times
I think that is under-priced check around maybe in the newspaper but to offer all of that you can get closer to 2000.00 after all it is sarasota-Maybe you can do vacation rentals and get like 1000.00 per week look in VRBO and Homeaway see what places are going for in area's like yours. Best of luck and congrats on the new place.

Old 02-14-2011, 03:28 PM

Thanks for the feedbacks, I will enlist a property mgt firm to see what they have to say. Then I will post it here. I think this would be good info for potential investors here.

Old 04-30-2011, 05:58 AM

OK, I found a renter for my property. I need to screen the renter history. Is there a website for Sarasota landlords?
I found the renter right here on this forum, and the rate is not too bad in relation to what I've paid for the property. I hope this would work out in the long run until I am ready to relocate :<))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area