Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 07:31 AM

10 posts, read 15,388 times

Advertisements

My husband has responded to an internal job posting within his company, that will have him working in and around Tampa. There is a very good possibility that he will get the job, and that we will be moving to the area in June. THAT'S JUST 3 MONTHS and I'm getting worried!

Is it at all possible to find what we want? I'm not having much luck finding it on my own

We will want to rent a 4 bedroom 2+ bath 2000 sq ft house house, in a good, family friendly neighborhood, near good schools, (Kids will be entering 5th, 6th and 10th grades). I would really, really like to have a pool home, would like to be not-so-far from the beach, and would like to have ample shopping, eating, entertainment, (like Movies), etc. close by. All this on around $1300+/- a month.

It doesn't matter if we live north, south, east or west of Tampa as my husband is an electrician and job sites are are always TBD. We will be visiting next month, but I don't even have a starting point.

Please help...am I being unrealistic??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 07:41 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,343,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaIn2011 View Post
My husband has responded to an internal job posting within his company, that will have him working in and around Tampa. There is a very good possibility that he will get the job, and that we will be moving to the area in June. THAT'S JUST 3 MONTHS and I'm getting worried!

Is it at all possible to find what we want? I'm not having much luck finding it on my own

We will want to rent a 4 bedroom 2+ bath 2000 sq ft house house, in a good, family friendly neighborhood, near good schools, (Kids will be entering 5th, 6th and 10th grades). I would really, really like to have a pool home, would like to be not-so-far from the beach, and would like to have ample shopping, eating, entertainment, (like Movies), etc. close by. All this on around $1300+/- a month.

It doesn't matter if we live north, south, east or west of Tampa as my husband is an electrician and job sites are are always TBD. We will be visiting next month, but I don't even have a starting point.

Please help...am I being unrealistic??
Yes, it sounds like you are being unrealistic.

You will likely need to relax your parameters a little, and spend more like $1600+/-.

Apparently, four bedroom houses are not exactly in huge supply, either, so I wouldn't be too surprised if finding one for rent wouldn't be a little tough.

Use an agent. They'll find something for you.

Good luck.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:46 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,100,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
Yes, it sounds like you are being unrealistic.

You will likely need to relax your parameters a little, and spend more like $1600+/-.

Apparently, four bedroom houses are not exactly in huge supply, either, so I wouldn't be too surprised if finding one for rent wouldn't be a little tough.

Use an agent. They'll find something for you.

Good luck.
Agree - you will be lucky to even find a 4 bedroom house, and it will be a lot more than $1300, let alone a pool and close to the beach.

Definitely hook up with a good rental agent. Good luck!

Old 03-08-2011, 09:13 AM

3,179 posts, read 5,997,474 times
Is 4 bedrooms really necessary? Does each kid really need his/her own bedroom? You could probably get a nice 3/2/2 in your price range.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbor Hopper View Post
Is 4 bedrooms really necessary? Does each kid really need his/her own bedroom? You could probably get a nice 3/2/2 in your price range.
Yes, for us it is. Our boys are 11 and almost 15. The 15 year old isn't much into his brother and having them share a room could prove disastrous. Our daughter will be 10 by the time we move and at 10 and 11, I think thats too old for children of the opposite sex to share a room. Just my opinion.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:23 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,911,110 times
Honestly, I think that's totally unrealistic for the Sarasota area. Four bedrooms are almost impossible to find and pool homes are fairly hard to find as well. They rent almost immediately and for top dollar. Any of my investors that are looking to buy and rent the home out, I always tell them to buy 4 bedrooms with a pool.

You might find something in the North Port area with four bedrooms for $1300, a pool home with four bedrooms would probably run around $1600 but again they are very rare.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:35 AM

1,268 posts, read 2,998,189 times
Quote:
My husband...working in and around Tampa.
OP- Are you looking to live in Tampa as well? You posted in the Sarasota/ Bradenton/ Venice forum which is about 1 hour south of Tampa. I just wanted to make sure you were in the right place.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgewater Homes View Post
OP- Are you looking to live in Tampa as well? You posted in the Sarasota/ Bradenton/ Venice forum which is about 1 hour south of Tampa. I just wanted to make sure you were in the right place.
I actually posted in both forums since I know nothing about the area. My husband commutes 1.5 hours each way now, so an hour commute would be an improvement!

Old 03-08-2011, 11:14 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,080,854 times
Quote:
I actually posted in both forums since I know nothing about the area. My husband commutes 1.5 hours each way now, so an hour commute would be an improvement!
Not with the expected rise in gas prices - it will be mute at best.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:36 PM

33 posts, read 67,934 times
4 bed -- 4 ba available today in Bradenton, fl (http://sarasota.craigslist.org/apa/2251457789.html - broken link)

that was the only one listed on Craigstlist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area