U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 11:37 PM

6,548 posts, read 4,834,717 times
Default Reaching an Admin or Moderator - How?

I see nowhere on this Forum page, other than reporting a post, to reach one of the Admins/Mods. How are they contacted?

Old 04-14-2011, 06:00 AM

3,004 posts, read 2,879,777 times
I'm not sure why there's so much disrespect for you on here (I suspect it's been earned since everyone here seems pretty nice) but FaithfulFrank is one of the mods.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:21 AM

997 posts, read 1,083,967 times
On the main forum page, go ALL the way down to the bottom. There's an "admin zone" forum. Go there, and then click on the "FAQ" forum. At the top there's a sticky with moderator names.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:39 AM

2,900 posts, read 6,352,274 times
When wanting to contact a Mod about an issue on the forum, usually a term of service violation, spam, etc, it is best to just click the report button.
That way ALL of the Mods that usually handle that forum will get a notice of a reported post and will be able to deal with it.

Some Mods might be on vacation , sick, or otherwise not able to quickly attend to the problem. Some Mods work on the forum late at night, or during the day. Me, my schedule and real job is unique and it is anytime.

Many of us Mods at times get busy, and do not always "scan" all of our forums 27/7/365. That is why the reported post button is so valuable.

NOW- As stated above there have been an increased number of rude, disrespectful posts bordering on bullying here. As said many times before it is ok to debate posts, but do so WITHOUT ATTACKING THE POSTER.

Just like in real life folks, if you do not like a certain poster, you can ignore them by hitting the ignore button. Judging by some of the posts I've read lately, I may need to remind folks that there IS an age requirement here, and 5 year olds are not allowed to post.

Now.......play nice.

Frank

Old 04-14-2011, 07:47 AM

185 posts, read 259,550 times
Default Bullying

Isn't it crazy that bullying still happens on a forum of supposed adults? There are cliques and bullies here, just like in Middle School and it amazes me. I can even think of a couple offenders off the top of my head, and I'm not even a that regular of a poster.

Isn't there some way to address this? Frank, I think you do a great job, but I know that even moderators get flack (bullied) for deleting offensive posts, and there's sometimes a fine line between a helpful post and one that bullies, because they mix it all together.

I'm not here to make friends, or try to be part of the in-crowd. I have no stake or business dealings in the area (at this time). I come here to get opinions, good and bad. I know some worthwhile opinions are stifled by certain regular posters. That defeats the whole purpose of this forum.

It's definitely an issue, not just with cat lady, and people need to be called out for it.

Anyone have any other ideas besides hitting the "report post" button? Are the bullies even aware they are doing it?

Old 04-14-2011, 09:20 AM

1,440 posts, read 1,435,951 times
I respectfully disagree with you lynnet4. I haven't seen any bullying on this forum. I think most posters are quite respective of each other. I also disagree with your "interpretation" of anyone's opinions being stifled by certain posters. I have never felt that I can't add my opinion or anything else to a thread.

Unfortunately, I think some posters might be highly sensitive. I will not name names...but often there is one person that plays victim. In fact, said unamed poster is not even a resident of the state or even a part time resident. Yet, they continue to post on a topic that is about Florida residents rights. Said unamed poster fails to find humor in often humorous banter posted by those he/she seeks to condemn. If said unamed poster misinterprets humor as vicious, who's responsibility is it to interpret posts?...No ones.

My fix to people that feel (and remember feelings aren't facts) that Sarasota-Bradenton-Venice Forum is a harbor for bullies or stifiling overbearing posters is to do the following...skip over their posts. There is a poster in the dog forum who uses bold print and cap locks that I find annoying...so when I see her post in a thread I simply skip over it and move on....

I think you are doing a fine job FaithfulFrank.

Last edited by Col.W.Deering; 04-14-2011 at 09:40 AM..

Old 04-14-2011, 09:45 AM

While the post a couple of posts back is an opinion, it specifically speaks of another person, accusing the person of being a troll, etc. Using the ignore button, one will no longer even see a post from someone they dislike, so that person would no longer be a problem to the person one has a problem with.....I need to delete that post as it is not compliant.

Sometimes I wish there was a real ignore button in real life..... And thank you guys for the nice words...

Frank

Last edited by faithfulFrank; 04-14-2011 at 10:16 AM..

Old 04-14-2011, 09:59 AM

1,440 posts, read 1,435,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithfulFrank View Post
While the above post is an opinion, it specifically speaks of another person, accusing the person of being a troll, etc. Using the ignore button, one will no longer even see a post from someone they dislike, so that person would no longer be a problem to the person one has a problem with.....

Sometimes I wish there was a real ignore button in real life.....

Frank
You must be talking about a post that was deleted, since my post above is highly respectful.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:15 AM

2,568 posts, read 2,812,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithfulFrank View Post

Many of us Mods at times get busy, and do not always "scan" all of our forums 27/7/365. .

Frank
27 hours a day gee Frank you DO work hard !!!

Old 04-14-2011, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col.W.Deering View Post
You must be talking about a post that was deleted, since my post above is highly respectful.
Yes Col.......our posts crossed! Sorry for the confusion. I deleted the post I was referring to, and edited my last post to make more sense......again, thank you for the kind words!

Frank
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area