Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 09:14 AM

1,580 posts, read 3,127,708 times

Advertisements

did you say cricket

YouTube - Blind Cricket - Funny.....

cant get link to work. got to youtube.com and enter blind cricket player
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 09:16 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,111,006 times
indeed I did sir, an English Gentlemans game............ :-)

[CENTER]The Rules of Cricket
as Explained to a foreign visitor
[/CENTER]
You have two sides, one out in the field and one in.
Each man that's in the side that's in, goes out, and when he's out, he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out.
When they are all out the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in out.
Sometimes you get men still in and not out.
When both sides have been in and out including the not-outs, that's the end of the game.
[CENTER]Howzat?[/CENTER]

Old 04-28-2011, 12:27 PM

389 posts, read 584,164 times
Murder rate in Edinburgh: 8 murders a year for 500,000 people. Thats much like Orlando, Tampa and Sarasota, isn't it? lmfao..

Of course there was a spike last year - an American visitor - get that, AMERICAN stabbed to death her 3 children in our fair city

Judge calls for jailed Riggi to be deported - Edinburgh Evening News

I don't recall ever hearing of a Scottish mother murdering her 3 kids - not in Edinburgh, we are civilized and pretty left-wing, we have strict gun laws - tourists are safe here (except the murdering kind).

You swelter in a crime-infested dump with a ghetto not 20 minutes from your 'city' centre where your less civilized citizens roam free with automatic weapons.

Sarasota has high crime and can't seriously be considered a nice place to visit for tourists - certainly not now.

And you started this whole thing off my impugning the reputation of the 2 murdered English lads (with no evidence at all) to try and tell yourself that Sarasota can't be that bad.

Cretins...

Old 04-28-2011, 02:06 PM

4,892 posts, read 14,086,528 times
Unfortunately, everything is still conjecture about what really went down in Newtown, and if you weren't there, you can only guess...

Don't believe what you read anywhere & let the investigators do what they're trained to do. Also only about half of what you see....

Dreamnine, your continued brow beating of this issue is getting old.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:08 PM

1,580 posts, read 3,127,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamnine View Post
Murder rate in Edinburgh: 8 murders a year for 500,000 people. Thats much like Orlando, Tampa and Sarasota, isn't it? lmfao..

Of course there was a spike last year - an American visitor - get that, AMERICAN stabbed to death her 3 children in our fair city

I don't recall ever hearing of a Scottish mother murdering her 3 kids - not in Edinburgh, we are civilized and pretty left-wing, we have strict gun laws - tourists are safe here (except the murdering kind).

You swelter in a crime-infested dump with a ghetto not 20 minutes from your 'city' centre where your less civilized citizens roam free with automatic weapons.

Sarasota has high crime and can't seriously be considered a nice place to visit for tourists - certainly not now.

And you started this whole thing off my impugning the reputation of the 2 murdered English lads (with no evidence at all) to try and tell yourself that Sarasota can't be that bad.

Cretins...

the 2 that got killed were either into something illegal, drunk or to stupid to realize that the scenery got real bad. the things to be learned are dont do illegal things, if you are going to drink to oblivion do so in your home or hotel and when the surroundings look bad its usually because they are. if you are not familiar with an area maybe exploring after midnite is a bad idea.

so now that we know a section of sarasota is bad just like all other large towns maybe we can let it all die. scared? dont come here. no one will miss you.

all around the world there are danger zones. i was in the turks and we were out driving. came to a beautiful secluded beach and contemplated going snorkeling there with my family. got out of the car, no one around and it didnt feel right. was talking to the guy at the towel stand by the pool later on and he said bad things happen around where we were. you can say the same about venice italy, pisa, naples, st thomas, caymans, paris, to name a few of the foreign places i have been.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:16 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,827,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamnine View Post

Cretins...
All of these were reported in Edinburgh

BBC News - Flat deaths mother Theresa Riggi charged with murder

BBC News - Two men arrested over John Carter murder

Killer Robert Black is facing fourth murder charge - Edinburgh Evening News

BBC News - Man questioned in Suzanne Pilley murder hunt

There's whack jobs and crazies in every nook and cranny of the world. I don't think Sarasota has the market share on it....

Old 04-29-2011, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post

There's whack jobs and crazies in every nook and cranny of the world. I don't think Sarasota has the market share on it....
Yes, we have American whack job tourists who kill their children as per the first link you posted - Theresa Riggi.

Our murder rate is 1.6 per 100,000. Please tell me what Sarasota's is?

Old 04-29-2011, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
Edinburgh is a sh1t hole ----mainly because it is full of drunken Scotsmen
Eloquently put.. It is, in fact, one of the world's most beautiful cities with the world's largest international arts festival.

How big is the Wikipedia page on Sarasota? Not very, because no-one has heard of it until these murders.

Old 04-29-2011, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post

And the 3rd link you posted is about a murderer from the 80s who didn't actually kill anyone in Edinburgh (and wasn't from Edinburgh), but was at Edinburgh High Court.

I repeat, Sarasota is a crime-infested dump and statistics back this up.

I live in one of the safest cities in Western Europe.

Old 04-29-2011, 05:38 AM

39 posts, read 52,423 times
It's a shame that such a serious subject has descended to petty mudslinging.

Sarasota, even SWFl, has been damaged by the publicity. In my view disproportionately and unfairly.

Why can't anybody explain why no go areas are tolerated?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area