Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 03:28 PM

8,179 posts, read 4,660,305 times

Advertisements

I started a separate thread for this because there is just no excuse for prosecutors, juvenile officers and judges to perform their jobs inadequately and put the residents of Sarasota in harms way (because of their negligence and laziness). IMO the prosecutor and juvenile officers involved in this situation should be fired. Let's see if there is any punitive action taken here or if they even get a slap on the wrist? Just sickening. British tourist murder case suspect Shawn Tyson had been released from jail days before killings | HeraldTribune.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 03:50 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
I know, I read all that - just makes you sick!

Old 04-21-2011, 03:58 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,344,507 times
This story is simply outrageous. There is just SO much wrong with it, I don't know where to begin.

The two most disgusting and worrisome things in the piece were

1. That miscommunication was what put him back on the street, and

2. That only for the following reason were they consider holding him in any event:

"Tyson had dropped out of school, admitted smoking marijuana every day and how his mother admitted she could not keep track of him."

So these were the factors that would have held him? I would have thought that firing a gun into an occupied vehicle sort of precluded any notion that they'd send you back to Moms, whether she were June Cleaver or whoever.

Sometimes I feel like I just don't get much of what goes on anymore, seriously.

Old 04-21-2011, 04:17 PM

4,895 posts, read 14,139,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
This story is simply outrageous. There is just SO much wrong with it, I don't know where to begin.

The two most disgusting and worrisome things in the piece were

1. That miscommunication was what put him back on the street, and

2. That only for the following reason were they consider holding him in any event:

"Tyson had dropped out of school, admitted smoking marijuana every day and how his mother admitted she could not keep track of him."

So these were the factors that would have held him? I would have thought that firing a gun into an occupied vehicle sort of precluded any notion that they'd send you back to Moms, whether she were June Cleaver or whoever.

Sometimes I feel like I just don't get much of what goes on anymore, seriously.
Even with the above, I have not read anywhere what the evidence is that got Tyson arrested for the two murders? What linked him to this?

Old 04-21-2011, 04:19 PM

5,662 posts, read 10,741,856 times
I have to give the first judge credit for seeing things right and, IMHO, the prosecutor AND the defense attorney who circumvented the first judge's instructions should be disbarred at the very least. I don't know if the judge's directions were somehow lost in the shuffle or they were specifically ignored but, if they actively sought to ignore the first judge's instructions, they should be charged as accessories. They are charged with keeping the public safe. Mistakes can happen but deliberate circumvention that results in death cannot be tolerated.

Old 04-21-2011, 04:35 PM

1,439 posts, read 2,920,088 times

When a mother says "I can't keep track of my kid.." and knows saying this could potentially help put him in jail, that should have been a red flag. His mother was probably afraid of her lose cannon of a son.

Old 04-21-2011, 04:38 PM

Ladywithafan I had read that Tyson was arrested based on a tip from an informant. There is also supposedly a camera in that project that recorded the murder - although it was said that it was at a far distance and the video quality is blurry.

Old 04-21-2011, 04:58 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,423,548 times
Sorry for even saying/Asking this...
Is this going to become a black/white thing....

Old 04-21-2011, 05:57 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,344,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligula1 View Post
Sorry for even saying/Asking this...
Is this going to become a black/white thing....
Good lord, what better way to make it one than to be the first person to bring it up?

: smack:

Old 04-21-2011, 09:22 PM

After Tyson's first arrest for shooting into the car - he was given a "screening" for public risk by authorities called a "detention risk assessment instrument". A score of 12 or higher on the screening means that secure detention is called for. Tyson scored 22 on the risk assessment screening. Teen Charged With Double Murder Screened for Public Risk Nine Days Earlier - Sarasota, FL Patch
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area