Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2011, 04:03 PM

29 posts, read 54,723 times

Advertisements

So, just when I thought I was getting closer to make a decision . . . any help is greatly appreciated. I've narrowed my list of potential relocation spots to Lakewood Ranch - Country Club East. I think I want to build . . . But now I have some concerns:

- Narrowed to Lee Wetherington and Gibraltar. Worried about the price per square foot of a new build, no lot premium, no upgrades yet, and includes pool. They are quoting a price of approximately 170.00 per sq ft which seems high in this economic times in the housing world. Thoughts?

- I read that they both may have financial issues and that one builder is having challenges keeping up on paying his staff. The other builder had some issues with foreclosures.

I so want to make this work but don't want to get into financial troubles buy purchasing in before the bottom drops or from a builder that is overpriced and has financial challenges.

Any thoughts from my trusty Floridian experts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2011, 05:51 PM

5,662 posts, read 10,740,370 times
Actually, that is a very reasonable number. The average cost per square foot of all non-distressed resales in LWR Country Club and Country Club East over the past 3 months is $171.72. So, for a new house with a new warranty on a lot of your choce and with everything the way you want it, it's pretty reasonable.

Of course, that is for all single family homes. It may change if we look at a narrow range of square feet.

Old 05-02-2011, 04:53 PM

Well, that's very good news. One of the homes is right at 2900 sq ft and the other home is at 3080. Both have been customized which is terrific.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:15 PM

By the way, do you know if either builder is in financial trouble right now? I don't want to get into a situation where I start with a builder and then they fold.

Recently someone I know moved to Florida and because of the unsettled market, whom many suggest hasn't hit rock bottom yet, decided to rent for a year. I suppose that's a possibility, but in my head doesn't seem ideal.

Old 05-02-2011, 07:04 PM

5,662 posts, read 10,740,370 times
I have not heard any rumors and certainly wouldn't be in a position to know or advise in that regard. This is always a concern with builders. I usually Google them as I approach each new deal and see if there are any new articles that raise questions.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:23 PM

Good thinking!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area