Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 12:15 PM

165 posts, read 336,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny.days.ahead View Post
I am determined to be an "Extreme Couponer" - like in the new hit reality show

Who doubles coupons and where do you all prefer to shop to get the best deals possible? I know Publix doesn't double... any ideas?
Although I love coupons and saving as much as anyone, are you sure you want to become an extreme couponer? I can't see storing 245 cans of soup, 1200 rolls of toilet tissue, 65 tubes of toothpaste, 110 deodorants, 75 candy bars, 300 boxes of cereal, and probably a couple partridges in a pear tree, etc. etc. etc. taking up entire rooms in my house. Those people are scary!!

I belong to a coupon train to get some extra useful coupons and check websites for store sales to match up with coupons. I haven't found any stores in the Sarasota area that double coupons like in Minnesota.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 01:23 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,885,964 times
I remember S &H Green Stamps! My mother made us lick 'em and stick 'em too!

Old 05-17-2011, 02:46 PM

113 posts, read 343,109 times
I don't know if you will see this before the class tonight but there is a beginner couponing class tonight at Freedom Elementary on SR 64. It's from 7 to 9pm and its free. They are also are going to have giveaways. You have to register for it on True Couponing . I'm not sure if it's full yet but you should try to go if you can. I'm going with a neighbor.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:19 AM

33 posts, read 67,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foggytoad View Post
Although I love coupons and saving as much as anyone, are you sure you want to become an extreme couponer? I can't see storing 245 cans of soup, 1200 rolls of toilet tissue, 65 tubes of toothpaste, 110 deodorants, 75 candy bars, 300 boxes of cereal, and probably a couple partridges in a pear tree, etc. etc. etc. taking up entire rooms in my house. Those people are scary!!

I belong to a coupon train to get some extra useful coupons and check websites for store sales to match up with coupons. I haven't found any stores in the Sarasota area that double coupons like in Minnesota.
no of course not that's gluttony - if i were to go THAT far i would give it to charity!

Old 07-12-2011, 07:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,219 times
Default Publix doubles coupons in Huntsville up to .50 PLUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny.days.ahead View Post
I am determined to be an "Extreme Couponer" - like in the new hit reality show

Who doubles coupons and where do you all prefer to shop to get the best deals possible? I know Publix doesn't double... any ideas?
I believe that Publix in Huntsville doubles coupons up to .50, they also accept manufactures coupons, competitors (listed in each store) and at times have "in store"coupons on top of which you can stack the above listed coupons.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:04 PM

360 posts, read 1,908,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foggytoad View Post

I have never seen anyone in a store with a cart full of groceries end up with the bill being 0.00 And I'd like to know the stores these people shop because I have never seen it happen as most stores have set rules in place and I've yet to see this kind of thing down here, especially. And I agree with you, while stocking up in a sense would seem logical living in a hurricane prone state, those people do seem a little nutty. I mean 300 bags of potato chips would get old, along with other perishables if one doesn't consume them in time.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:00 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,925,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Speaking of coupons...anyone remember the S&H green stamps at Publix back in the 1970's and 80's. I can remember licking them and sticking them in the books but they never seemed to have anything I liked and my mom would get Tupperware or something.

[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%26H_Green_Stamps"]S&H Green Stamps - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/URL]
70s & 80s? Gosh, I remember them from the 50s & 60s!

I have a silly question - what is "doubling" a coupon? Does that mean if you have a coupon for $0.50 off of an item, the store gives you credit for $1.00?

I can't help too much when it comes to coupons. I'm frugal and like a bargain, but I think the best way to save money is to stay out of stores! Of course we all need food, bathroom tissue and other essentials, but being single, I just buy what I need and never have leftovers. I think it's sinful the way people throw out food. I'm not passing judgment, but I can't understand when a friend has leftovers from the previous day in the fridge and makes something different for supper. Sometimes I eat my leftovers from dinner for breakfast. There's no law that I'm aware of that says you can't eat tuna casserole for breakfast. LOL

Old 07-13-2011, 08:33 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,325,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
70s & 80s? Gosh, I remember them from the 50s & 60s!

I have a silly question - what is "doubling" a coupon? Does that mean if you have a coupon for $0.50 off of an item, the store gives you credit for $1.00?

I can't help too much when it comes to coupons. I'm frugal and like a bargain, but I think the best way to save money is to stay out of stores! Of course we all need food, bathroom tissue and other essentials, but being single, I just buy what I need and never have leftovers. I think it's sinful the way people throw out food. I'm not passing judgment, but I can't understand when a friend has leftovers from the previous day in the fridge and makes something different for supper. Sometimes I eat my leftovers from dinner for breakfast. There's no law that I'm aware of that says you can't eat tuna casserole for breakfast. LOL
Yes-that is what doubling means. Usually the most they will double it to is up to a 1.00. Occasionally stores where I live(not FL) will have special triple coupons as well.

Also, if I make lasagna, I often have leftovers for breakfast. In my youth I used to have leftover cold pizza and oj for breakfast as well. Many times-especially with Italian foods-the leftovers taste better the next day. Don't know if it is just be that thinks that or not.

Old 07-13-2011, 09:24 PM

481 posts, read 943,025 times
This is so funny that this topic came up because I just started couponing. Nothing extreme but before I never even really cared to. Publix does not have double couponing but I will say when you can find a manufacterers coupon for something Publix has BOGO, it comes out really well. We had a few kids over so i decided to be lazy and take advantage fo Publix's BOGO offer on Tollhouse frozen cookiedough. I found a coupon online at their website for $1.50 off. So combining them was one heck of a deal.

A manager told me once that Tuesday's are te best day fro deals. Alos, I did not find Sweetbays to be much cheaper except for the 50% off shelf they have near teh bathrooms. I ddin;t even knwo that was there but I found a box of Hefty Kitchen trash bags for 50% off the regular price of $5.

Is there a Winn Dixie anywhere close?

Old 07-15-2011, 01:26 PM

3,979 posts, read 10,545,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Speaking of coupons...anyone remember the S&H green stamps at Publix back in the 1970's and 80's. I can remember licking them and sticking them in the books but they never seemed to have anything I liked and my mom would get Tupperware or something.

S&H Green Stamps - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yes, I remember green stamps from when I lived in PA and LA when I was a kid. Gosh, I am getting that old?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area