Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 07:54 AM

975 posts, read 3,730,190 times

Advertisements

I always liked Jerry Springer--did anyone see the Jerry Springer movie from about 10 years ago? He had the humility to poke fun at himself a little bit. He has also recently appeared in a celebrity dance competition on TV where he and his daughter and two of the contestants--they were quite good, and I believe he was on Air America for awhile. That man has class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2007, 08:34 AM

2,313 posts, read 3,189,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedAChange View Post
I always liked Jerry Springer--did anyone see the Jerry Springer movie from about 10 years ago? He had the humility to poke fun at himself a little bit. He has also recently appeared in a celebrity dance competition on TV where he and his daughter and two of the contestants--they were quite good, and I believe he was on Air America for awhile. That man has class.
I think you may have just lost all credibility with that comment. He is nothing but a media wh@re who will do anything for a buck.

Old 08-12-2007, 08:37 AM

975 posts, read 3,730,190 times
Please. See the Springer movie and then get back to me. I've never laughed so hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy View Post
I think you may have just lost all credibility with that comment. He is nothing but a media ***** who will do anything for a buck.

Old 08-12-2007, 09:34 AM

2,227 posts, read 8,211,940 times
famous ppl live all over fla. why would you think it's b/c of taxes? they could all move to tn but they dont. there are no state tax in tn.

where else would they want to live? california is full of famous folks. they are drawn to fla and many have lived here for yrs.

many famous athletes incl shaq, tiger, andy roddick, the hulkster, and the list goes on and on... many have lived here for yrs... or were born here.

why is it that you think they are here for taxes? they have millions. do you think these guys and gals would move to sc/nc/ga because they get more house for the money? i dont think so.

Old 08-12-2007, 10:18 AM

130 posts, read 597,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
famous ppl live all over fla. why would you think it's b/c of taxes? they could all move to tn but they dont. there are no state tax in tn.

where else would they want to live? california is full of famous folks. they are drawn to fla and many have lived here for yrs.

many famous athletes incl shaq, tiger, andy roddick, the hulkster, and the list goes on and on... many have lived here for yrs... or were born here.

why is it that you think they are here for taxes? they have millions. do you think these guys and gals would move to sc/nc/ga because they get more house for the money? i dont think so.
Agreed (sigh). Some folks are just born negative.

We Floridians, though bashed and battered by natural disasters, continue to strive, move forward, and have a healthy positive mental attitude. (btw, my family home was demolished by Ivan).

WHY?

Because we love this state, the people, and the natural beauty living here affords us.

Great things are happening here. I keep hearing it in my head.. the line from the movie "Dune"... Paul Atreides triumphantly proclaiming "the sleeper has awakened"...

Old 08-12-2007, 10:25 AM

2,141 posts, read 6,904,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundbreeze View Post
Agreed (sigh). Some folks are just born negative.

We Floridians, though bashed and battered by natural disasters, continue to strive, move forward, and have a healthy positive mental attitude. (btw, my family home was demolished by Ivan).

WHY?

Because we love this state, the people, and the natural beauty living here affords us.

Great things are happening here. I keep hearing it in my head.. the line from the movie "Dune"... Paul Atreides triumphantly proclaiming "the sleeper has awakened"...
Well I guess drugs are the big market here.

Old 08-12-2007, 10:47 AM

2,227 posts, read 8,211,940 times
ppl think they are here for tax reasons when they have millions? do you think they'd rather live in montana? sc? rhode island? why not fla? we have 18 mil in this state, why not celebrities too? they have to live somewhere.

do you think they care that ppl are moving to sc, ga, or nc b/c they can get a bigger house with their 200k? does this apply to them? i dont think.

Old 08-12-2007, 10:50 AM

1,135 posts, read 3,981,104 times
Wow
Too kool !!
Jerry=Jerry=Jerry !!!

I LuV Springer but that guy Johnson wrecked
AC/DC !

Old 08-12-2007, 11:22 AM

1,336 posts, read 4,964,108 times
springer lives in tierra verde now just below st pete beach

Old 08-12-2007, 12:21 PM

2,313 posts, read 3,189,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post

Because Tennessee real estate will not appreciate like a beach front home formerly belonging to celeb will. Most spend very little if any actual time here. There is not a move in their lives they don't make without money being involved. No state tax will bring them here. I saw a story on Tiger and they actually mentioned it as a reason for coming to Florida. Florida is nice when you are rich and no tax makes it even better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area