U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 08:10 PM

155 posts, read 920,956 times

Advertisements

Anyone ever see these individuals around the area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2007, 08:15 PM

2,227 posts, read 7,164,557 times
yes, i remember hearing about jerry springer living somewhere in sarasota once before. there are many others too, i would think.

Old 08-11-2007, 08:50 PM

2,209 posts, read 6,517,015 times
A couple of the Moody Blues live here and tons of other entertainers, movie stars etc. Yanni has a house in Manalapan ( ? ) I lived on the Hillsboro Mile and at the end of the mile I think that Yul Brenner had a house.

Florida's awesome.

Old 08-11-2007, 08:54 PM

975 posts, read 3,258,905 times
That doesn't surprise me one bit--discerning people know how fantastic Florida is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTudo View Post
A couple of the Moody Blues live here and tons of other entertainers, movie stars etc. Yanni has a house in Manalapan ( ? ) I lived on the Hillsboro Mile and at the end of the mile I think that Yul Brenner had a house.

Florida's awesome.

Old 08-12-2007, 06:05 AM

2,313 posts, read 1,960,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedAChange View Post
That doesn't surprise me one bit--discerning people know how fantastic Florida is.
They become a resident because of taxes. I am sure many practically never set foot in those homes and could care less about Florida.

Old 08-12-2007, 06:27 AM

2,141 posts, read 6,024,960 times
Whats the big deal about living near entertainers ? I had Cliff Willams of AC/DC live nextdoor to me. entertainers are just like any other people.

Old 08-12-2007, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemed View Post
Whats the big deal about living near entertainers ? I had Cliff Willams of AC/DC live nextdoor to me. entertainers are just like any other people.
I think some people see them as a barometer as people with a lot of money who could live anywhere and they choose here. In Florida's case though I think it is the taxes.

Old 08-12-2007, 06:46 AM

2,141 posts, read 6,024,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy View Post
I think some people see them as a barometer as people with a lot of money who could live anywhere and they choose here. In Florida's case though I think it is the taxes.
I think its to hide, I know a few that hide here.

Old 08-12-2007, 06:53 AM

1,497 posts, read 2,868,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy View Post
They become a resident because of taxes. I am sure many practically never set foot in those homes and could care less about Florida.
Both of those "stars" have had residence in Sarasota for a very long time. I am not sure about Jerry Springer, but you are dead wrong about Brian Johnson. I have a friend that lives in Bradenton who is very good friends with Brian and his wife. They are year long residents of Sarasota. Brians wife is very active in local charity for womens groups and does alot of organizing for charity events. I have had the pleasure of having dinner with Brian and his wife one night at a local pub in Bradenton a few years back. They are very down to earth just like average everyday people. Oprah also has a residence in Sarasota, her giant mansion is on Casey Key in Nokomis. If you ever go out there it is the place with lion head fountains on the wall that surrounds the place .

Old 08-12-2007, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Winter View Post
Both of those "stars" have had residence in Sarasota for a very long time. I am not sure about Jerry Springer, but you are dead wrong about Brian Johnson. I have a friend that lives in Bradenton who is very good friends with Brian and his wife. They are year long residents of Sarasota. Brians wife is very active in local charity for womens groups and does alot of organizing for charity events. I have had the pleasure of having dinner with Brian and his wife one night at a local pub in Bradenton a few years back. They are very down to earth just like average everyday people. Oprah also has a residence in Sarasota, her giant mansion is on Casey Key in Nokomis. If you ever go out there it is the place with lion head fountains on the wall that surrounds the place .
In some cases those places are investments as well. I remember the Cher house. She bought it and I don't think ever lived there but the value went up a few million when she sold it. Celebrities have an add advantage where as anything they touch seems to become valuable. That may account for why they seem to own so many houses. It is all financial to them. Even that idiot the Hulk made a few million on his house down here. I guess people want to own things that belonged to the famous.

You know who has lived here for ages is Walter Cronkite. I don't know if he still does but he lived in Fort Myers for many years and loved to sail. They usually seem to come and go. I remember when Mickey Rooney lived in Fort Lauderdale and started a children's theater he was supposed to be so devoted to. Yea right, till he was offered a TV series and he dumped the kids and was gone in like a day. The series went off the air after four shows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area