Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 09:29 PM

386 posts, read 1,013,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I had to Google "blunt." Guess I'm really old and uncool. However, I really was at Woodstock!
Blunt = one of the terms you learn when you return to college at an advanced age to study art and interact with 20 year old students! As to Woodstock, I am SOOOO envious! Do you have photos?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2011, 09:35 PM

159 posts, read 343,314 times
Exclamation What's a sales tax?

Hey - I live in Oregon. NO SALES TAX!!!

Maybe you guys should consider moving here.

Old 08-18-2011, 10:34 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,886,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamrita View Post
Blunt = one of the terms you learn when you return to college at an advanced age to study art and interact with 20 year old students! As to Woodstock, I am SOOOO envious! Do you have photos?
Heck no! That would have been "evidence." LOL I bet my boyfriend took pictures, but that was so long ago.

Don't be too envious. Traffic jams for miles and miles. Lots of heat, rain and mud. Hard to hear or see the musicians. Crazy people tripping out on acid, running around naked and having sex in the mud. I think I recognize some of them on CSPAN. Had to pee wherever I could find a place to squat. Did I mention mud? Wish I still had my ticket, however. (I actually had one, unlike the 500,000 people who crashed) I bet it's worth a lot of money. Probably lost it in the mud.

Old 08-18-2011, 11:37 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,894,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
... I was screaming at the owner (I have a bad temper when I can't flush) and then apologized, since I learned there's been a postal strike in Canada for months. He insists he mailed the payment to Charlotte County Utilities, but they're obviously becoming very aggressive and shutting off the water after 10 days.
The strike lasted 3 days and has been over for more then 6 weeks now. I live in Canada, so whoever gave you the information that it's "been months" either does not know, or is being economical with the truth.

Old 08-21-2011, 05:47 PM

5,586 posts, read 8,377,672 times
Quote:
I had to Google "blunt." Guess I'm really old and uncool. However, I really was at Woodstock!
LOL...I knew what she meant by "blunt", but I thought it was more of a rap or hip-hop term. Well, I'm glad to hear Woodstock WAS really a sea of mud. My friends all went, and my husband (22) and I (19) were planning on going on Sat., but heard on the news it was a mud-fest, so we stayed home. Later, I heard the "sea of mud" was exaggerated by the officials to keep more people from coming. Regardless, I wasn't much of an outdoors type, so I probably would've been miserable.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:51 PM

3 posts, read 2,915 times
Smile I Think This Has Something To Do With It:

How are out-of-state sales tracked?

The Southeastern Association of Tax Administrators (SEATA) exchanges information to help ensure transactions are taxed fairly across state boundaries. Member states collect and exchange audited sales and purchases information for other member states. Customers who are identified through audit verification will be billed for use tax, penalties, and interest.
The SEATA member states are: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia.

Link: FL Dept Rev - Florida business with out-of-state customers
http :// dor . myflorida . com / dor / businesses / seata . html
(remove spaces)

Old 09-01-2013, 11:39 AM

1,713 posts, read 2,341,371 times
Thread necromancer! Nice first post, but come on, the story was from over 2 years ago. No need to dig up old stuff.

Old 09-03-2013, 06:52 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,697,706 times
This happens all the time--
for no reason except to jack start an old thread...and create turnover...to up page usage
and thank heaven my Internet purchases haven't tripped the meter...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area