Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 03:29 PM

6,637 posts, read 4,370,288 times

Advertisements

This seems like a good idea to me. And it won't cost taxpayers. Golf carts for downtown transit, Sarasota-style? | HeraldTribune.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2011, 03:41 PM

3,979 posts, read 10,494,234 times
That's pretty cool looking. I have been seeing a lot of Smart cars on the road lately and they look pretty scary to me. This type of golf cart looks bigger and would hold more people. Maybe they should start having golf cart paths around instead of bike paths in non-golfing communities. This would be a good idea for taking people from a parking lot to the beach. Several beach areas could use this.

Old 08-14-2011, 04:49 PM

125 posts, read 192,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamRE View Post
That's pretty cool looking. I have been seeing a lot of Smart cars on the road lately and they look pretty scary to me. This type of golf cart looks bigger and would hold more people. Maybe they should start having golf cart paths around instead of bike paths in non-golfing communities. This would be a good idea for taking people from a parking lot to the beach. Several beach areas could use this.
What a great idea! Wish we had this in England. We do have plenty of Smart cars which are really cute but at about £6000 quite expensive as a runaround. Many people use them as their main car as they are so good on petrol and with petrol at about $10 a gallon, it is something we are very aware of. We love it when we visit America and hire a great big gas guzzler car and don't have to worry about the cost of petrol!

Old 08-14-2011, 05:55 PM

5,663 posts, read 10,674,439 times
They look like GEM cars Global Electric Motorcars

Lakewood Ranch tried cross promoting them as an alternative to cars for driving around the ranch but I don't think they ever took off.

Old 08-14-2011, 06:05 PM

125 posts, read 192,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
They look like GEM cars Global Electric Motorcars

Lakewood Ranch tried cross promoting them as an alternative to cars for driving around the ranch but I don't think they ever took off.
Smart cars are petrol driven, not electric. Are we talking at cross purposes here?

Old 08-14-2011, 06:09 PM

5,663 posts, read 10,674,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth.emm View Post
Smart cars are petrol driven, not electric. Are we talking at cross purposes here?
Sorry but I don't understand what you are asking me...

Old 08-14-2011, 07:24 PM

547 posts, read 921,271 times
I guess you can't please all the people. I think that's a horrible idea. I believe in the bicycle. I commute to work and run errands by bike. And whatever happened to walking around downtown?
As far as a Smart car / cart comparison, Smarts meet federal safety guidelines. I seriously doubt the carts have air bags and safety restraints. I would rather be hit downtown in a smart car than a cart any day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamRE View Post

Old 08-14-2011, 07:32 PM

386 posts, read 1,011,212 times
GoCar - The Cure for the Common Tour. Exciting sightseeing activities in San Francisco, San Diego and Miami!

Works in Miami...

Old 08-14-2011, 07:56 PM

3,979 posts, read 10,494,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picshooter View Post
I guess you can't please all the people. I think that's a horrible idea. I believe in the bicycle. I commute to work and run errands by bike. And whatever happened to walking around downtown?
As far as a Smart car / cart comparison, Smarts meet federal safety guidelines. I seriously doubt the carts have air bags and safety restraints. I would rather be hit downtown in a smart car than a cart any day.

Oh, I wouldn't ride in a golf cart on a main road. I said they should make golf cart paths like they do bicycle paths. Also, I wouldn't recommend getting rid of bikes either. I enjoy riding mine around my neighborhood.

Old 08-14-2011, 08:57 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,622,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picshooter View Post
Low speed vehicles also meet federal safety guidelines and one of them is seat restraints. Best you get your facts accurate before you post!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area