Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 06:30 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,918,024 times

Advertisements

Dorothy-I didn't want to volunteer any names I'm pretty sure HuskerBob bought an Oakmont as well and there are several others looking for one.

Loves2read-Are you looking for gated? What type of amenities? Does age of the home matter? Did you want a pool? I can probably throw out a few suggestions.

I know your daughter is in the area. Did you want to be in the same subdivision as her or just close by?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 03:26 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
She has a friend whose brother is ReMax agent--he showed us some homes we found on MLS--just getting a frame of reference--two of the ones I was very hopeful for were just not right--
one had guest bath that opened on foyer and the other needed more remodeling that we wanted to try--especially with price where it was--

we think we want a pool and we need neighborhood where we can have at least a small fenced area for our dog...
we also have a cat who goes outside--which means no busy roads nearby

we mainly spent time driving around toward Englewood and out Jacaranda West area since that we don't normally go that way when we visit--
more construction for retail down there than when she lived on the Island...

don't know that picking a house that is under 2500 sq ft is going to feel that comfortable to me being in it for long stretches...
have not lived in house under 2000 since our first home more than 35 yrs ago...

Old 08-22-2011, 07:13 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,481,067 times
You should rethink letting your cat outside. There are coyotes and bobcats and fox and raccoons in the areas that you mentioned above. Plus the standard gators and venomous snakes.

You don't see many outdoor cats around here....for a reason. They might not come home.

Old 08-22-2011, 08:06 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,918,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
You should rethink letting your cat outside. There are coyotes and bobcats and fox and raccoons in the areas that you mentioned above. Plus the standard gators and venomous snakes.

You don't see many outdoor cats around here....for a reason. They might not come home.
We had a cat that adopted us about 6 years ago. She showed up at our door with four kittens. We found homes for the kittens and had her spade. I know we have bobcats in the neighborhood and they haven't bothered her. If we didn't have dogs she would be an inside cat but our dogs don't care for her. Anyway, she's been fine for 6+ years.

I wouldn't however advise you to keep pets outside and would tend to agree with you

Old 08-27-2011, 12:42 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
this cat is over 9 yrs old and while he is not outside as much as he was when younger nor as active, we lived previously in home that bordered a run-off creek--there were coons and possums that came on our property and I am sure there were poisonous snakes in the area--

and we live now on property that back to another tract of land that is open -- our neighbor's dog killed a skunk in their back yard this week--and we can hear coyotes (which are a real menace to cats) howling in that area behind us at times...

gators do worry me--he might be content to stay in a lanai area but I doubt it---
he does not climb like he used to == so I am hoping that a chain link fence might keep him inside the yard...

Old 08-28-2011, 03:59 PM

1 posts, read 526 times
I am buying a new construction townhouse, 3 bed/2.5 bath/2-car garage with over 1,500 sq ft. $118K. There smallest model starts at $108K.

Check out the area of Parrish, it's close to the freeways to take you to St Petersburg or Tampa and there are a handful of brand new construction subdivisions out there...the rest is all farm land and seems real quiet and pretty. Check out Ryland Homes and Pulte...I think those are the two builders out there right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area