U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 04:13 PM

3,112 posts, read 4,533,069 times

Advertisements

Starting to smell fishy in here again....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 04:19 PM

I don't think Mrs Cool ever thought you, elizabeth, were from Cleveland. I believe she was referring to the ess.ess.... poster constantly slamming Florida and praising Cleveland. Mrs Cool's post "She's making me leery of visiting Cleveland" sounded like she was referring to "she" as ess.ess..... and being leery of ever visiting a city where ess.ess resides.
If you want to know more about Cleveland, I would suggest you go to that forum and ask away.

Old 09-01-2011, 03:13 AM

125 posts, read 164,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbor Hopper View Post
I don't think Mrs Cool ever thought you, elizabeth, were from Cleveland. I believe she was referring to the ess.ess.... poster constantly slamming Florida and praising Cleveland. Mrs Cool's post "She's making me leery of visiting Cleveland" sounded like she was referring to "she" as ess.ess..... and being leery of ever visiting a city where ess.ess resides.
If you want to know more about Cleveland, I would suggest you go to that forum and ask away.
Thank you Harbour Hopper but she did quote me. It was nice of you to take the trouble to explain. I didn't really expect to get any spiteful remarks on here and wondered what I had done to upset her. I took ess ess to be a man as she also has 'esquire' in his name

Old 09-01-2011, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth.emm View Post
Thank you Harbour Hopper but she did quote me. It was nice of you to take the trouble to explain. I didn't really expect to get any spiteful remarks on here and wondered what I had done to upset her. I took ess ess to be a man as she also has 'esquire' in his name
Ok, agree to disagree, but I'm telling you, Mrs Cool was not directing anything at you. It was directed at ess.ess (in which a reletive on here claimed was a female).

Old 09-01-2011, 08:27 AM

3,372 posts, read 3,764,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth.emm View Post
I wonder why Mrs.Cool thought that I came from there? Very puzzling but interesting too . Actually I'm quite interested in hearing about Cleveland now, anyone want to fill me in on the details? How far is it from Florida, I'm there for five weeks, would I have time to visit? I'd like to know why some complete stranger thought I came from there I'm really interested in the way that peoples minds work! Tell me Mrs. Cool. why did you think that I cam from Cleveland? Don't be shy!
I have no idea where you got that idea from elizabeth. I was "talking" to esssssssssss. And I said I wouldn't want to visit Cleveland a.) because esssssss lives there, and b.) as was pointed out, Cleveland is known as "the mistake on the lake". I've been there, to visit the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame, and the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, which is not too far from Cleveland. BAD idea to go there in November, but it was my birthday. It was COLD and WINDY. And I know cold, I live in Wisconsin.
And trust me liz, you don't want to visit Cleveland. Well, except for the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame, that's pretty cool.

And I'm way not shy.

Old 09-01-2011, 01:30 PM

3,372 posts, read 3,764,540 times
Chic, Rushmore, and nphome, you crack me up.

Old 09-01-2011, 02:54 PM

11 posts, read 19,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ess.ess.ess.esq. View Post
'what type of person wants to pull up stakes, leave behind all their relatives, friends, the neighborhood they grew up in, and everything else, in order to start all over again?
The type of person that had their husband die at 40 and shortly after her best friend moves 1000 miles away to take care of her dieing father and mother with Alzheimer's.

I moved away from my family for my husbands job 13 years ago. I could move back home, but can not afford a million for a decent house or the 20K property taxes that go along with it.

I am looking to create "my own little world" . I want friends, and community in my world. I will volunteer in my community and help my neighbors just as I always have. My pay back is in the form of meeting great people that will give back when I need them. I learned this during the 8 months I lived through hell, watching my husband die from cancer.

My grass was cut, hot meals showed up, and when my husband was too weak neighbors would carry him up and down stairs so he could sleep in our bed at night. I live in a transient area and we make our own families.

My husbands siblings and parents(small town folk) would come for visits and wait for me to get home from 10 hours of doctors appointments and chemo and then wonder what I was going to cook for dinner at 7:00 PM... Perhaps they didn't hear me up all night with a puking hubby, and were sleeping while I drove the kids to school at 6:30 AM.... I would receive phone calls while staying in the hospital with my hubby to inform me we are out of toilet paper. They knew how to drive to Starbucks but apparently didn't see the grocery store across the street.

My new favorite saying is "Friends are gods apology for relatives"

Yes, a neighbor/friend did go get the TP.

I look forward to meeting more great peolpe when I get to FL. and having the great folks from Colorado come to visit me.

Old 09-01-2011, 03:17 PM

441 posts, read 449,452 times
Sorry to hear about your troubles. We are, unfortunately not strangers to cancer in our household. This is a great place for a fresh start. If you need any help getting ready for your move the good folks on this board a a wonderful resource.

Old 09-01-2011, 03:26 PM

125 posts, read 164,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love/pink View Post
The type of person that had their husband die at 40 and shortly after her best friend moves 1000 miles away to take care of her dieing father and mother with Alzheimer's.

I moved away from my family for my husbands job 13 years ago. I could move back home, but can not afford a million for a decent house or the 20K property taxes that go along with it.

I am looking to create "my own little world" . I want friends, and community in my world. I will volunteer in my community and help my neighbors just as I always have. My pay back is in the form of meeting great people that will give back when I need them. I learned this during the 8 months I lived through hell, watching my husband die from cancer.

My grass was cut, hot meals showed up, and when my husband was too weak neighbors would carry him up and down stairs so he could sleep in our bed at night. I live in a transient area and we make our own families.

My husbands siblings and parents(small town folk) would come for visits and wait for me to get home from 10 hours of doctors appointments and chemo and then wonder what I was going to cook for dinner at 7:00 PM... Perhaps they didn't hear me up all night with a puking hubby, and were sleeping while I drove the kids to school at 6:30 AM.... I would receive phone calls while staying in the hospital with my hubby to inform me we are out of toilet paper. They knew how to drive to Starbucks but apparently didn't see the grocery store across the street.

My new favorite saying is "Friends are gods apology for relatives"

Yes, a neighbor/friend did go get the TP.

I look forward to meeting more great peolpe when I get to FL. and having the great folks from Colorado come to visit me.
My heart went out to you when I read your post. The old saying "You can choose your friends but your relatives you're stuck with" really sounds true here. I only know Florida as a holiday destination but have found the people wonderful. Just great, so helpful and friendly, I hope you find that too.
I do hope everything works out for you and will pray to which ever God is listening to help you. I'll definately keep you in my thoughts.

Old 09-03-2011, 10:22 AM

26 posts, read 45,289 times
I've lived here most of my life and never considered it "unfriendly". If you are willing to reach out to the community you will most likely find your place in it.

That said I visited another state three times this year and found the friendliness overwhelming compared to Sarasota.

We are moving in 2 months to the other state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area