U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 11:45 PM

118 posts, read 183,984 times

Advertisements

Yes it's reincarnated again, because the issue hasn't gone away it's only gotten worse, and just now officials in other parts of the state and country for that matter are finally starting to wake to what a public health and safety nightmare this is really is, that's why they are passing so-called draconian laws. It's like a badly digested meal it keeps coming up! Once again I say find a place that has more bass then brains in America and then we can talk! I have a petition signed from people all over the country I doubt your going to find a boom free zone, you will come close with places like Elkhart IN where they have a zero tolerance for noise, but I"m not moving there for my own reasons. Then there's Papillion NB. might consider staying there to recuperate if it's as quiet as they say it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
This post has been written and rewritten is several incarnations here. Yes, everyone has a pet cause. Yours is obviously loud cars. OK, we get it.

But for God's sake, when people start suggesting calling 911 and lying about the offense, I would just like to say that is a worse crime than the one you are reporting, and you should be ashamed of yourself.

P.S. There are PLENTY of places in this country to live where you will virtually NEVER hear a loud car stereo, much less a "sonic deathmobile driven by domestic terrorists" or whatever it is you're saying.

In the time it has taken you to wring your hands over this for so long, you could have simply moved to a different town or neighborhood.

Life's too short.

Last edited by naturelovers; 10-08-2011 at 12:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 01:40 AM

118 posts, read 183,984 times
A glimpse into a battle going on in MI. BOOM CARS PROTEST RALLY - [domain blocked due to spam]

Old 10-08-2011, 03:27 AM

1,643 posts, read 2,889,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturelovers View Post
Yes it's reincarnated again, because the issue hasn't gone away it's only gotten worse, and just now officials in other parts of the state and country for that matter are finally starting to wake to what a public health and safety nightmare this is really is, that's why they are passing so-called draconian laws. It's like a badly digested meal it keeps coming up! Once again I say find a place that has more bass then brains in America and then we can talk! I have a petition signed from people all over the country I doubt your going to find a boom free zone, you will come close with places like Elkhart IN where they have a zero tolerance for noise, but I"m not moving there for my own reasons. Then there's Papillion NB. might consider staying there to recuperate if it's as quiet as they say it is.
I'm sorry, but I have to say it again: If you have become irrationally convinced this horrible nightmare exists everywhere, and there is nowhere you can move where you will virtually never hear what's going on in another person's car, you have blinders on.

I mean, we live in the same city and I have never once--NOT ONCE--experienced this apparently intolerable phenomenon.

Rather than going on and on about it, why not just constructively look for someplace where you can enjoy what relatively little time you have on the planet?

Old 10-08-2011, 09:16 AM

1,580 posts, read 2,698,069 times
i think someone is seriously in need of therapy.

Old 10-08-2011, 12:55 PM

70 posts, read 187,406 times
If you think sonic assault vehicles are bad, you should look at dihydrogen monoxide. It's even worse. It's one of the most commonly used industrial chemicals; it can be fatal when inhaled, and worse yet, it's found in our drinking water.

Dihydrogen Monoxide Research Division - dihydrogen monoxide info

Old 10-08-2011, 12:59 PM

1,580 posts, read 2,698,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovePalms View Post
If you think sonic assault vehicles are bad, you should look at dihydrogen monoxide. It's even worse. It's one of the most commonly used industrial chemicals; it can be fatal when inhaled, and worse yet, it's found in our drinking water.

Dihydrogen Monoxide Research Division - dihydrogen monoxide info
those are some pretty big words for him to read. i usually like my dihydrogen monoxide with a touch of vermouth on the rocks, with 3 olives, shaken of course.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:45 PM

3,373 posts, read 3,782,718 times
Am I the only woman reading this thread? I would think some of the other female members on here would also be insulted by his continual insistence he's being "raped". That is VERY offensive to women. Please stop it.

Old 10-11-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.cool View Post
Am I the only woman reading this thread? I would think some of the other female members on here would also be insulted by his continual insistence he's being "raped". That is VERY offensive to women. Please stop it.
.shd_hdr1 { width: 100%; }.sep_top1 { position: relative; }.citesourceseperator { border-bottom: 1px solid rgb(228, 228, 228); margin-top: 15px; margin-bottom: 7px; }.sep_top1 table { margin-top: -2px; margin-bottom: -5px; }.results_content ul, .results_content ol { margin-bottom: -3px; }.LImg { background-image: url("http://sp.dictionary.com/en/i/dictionary/AddThis_v2/sprite_icons.png"); }.Lsentnce { display: block; margin-top: 14px; }.moredef { display: none; }.moreun { display: none; }.moresent { display: none; padding-left: 3px; }a.more, a.more:hover, a.less, a.less:hover { font: 10px arial; height: 18px; padding-left: 26px; color: rgb(64, 137, 224); cursor: pointer; display: block; padding-top: 5px; text-decoration: none; margin-bottom: 6px; margin-top: 5px; } .luna-Ent a.slA:link, .luna-Ent .slANC > a, .lunatext .slD a, .lunatext .spl_unshd a { text-decoration: none; }.lunatext .slT b { color: rgb(64, 137, 224); }.slD a, .slD a:hover, .slD:visited { color: rgb(64, 64, 64); }.spl_unshd { padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 7px; }.spl_unshd_NC { padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 7px; } rape

4. an act of plunder, violent seizure, or abuse; despoliation; violation: the rape of the countryside.

Honestly, it is one of the connotations of the word. It is a totally proper usage, given his intent.

I think he's a little hysterical about the topic, but that's just an opinion, not a definition.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:40 PM

70 posts, read 187,406 times
Other "offensive" things:

Quote:
FACT One serious result of High-Intensity/Low-Frequency sound is Vibroacoustic Disease -- which is deadly.
Vibroacoustic disease is caused by chronic exposure to very loud (airplane or heavy machinery) noise for many hours a day for a period of 10 years or more, typically in a workplace setting. It's offensive to suggest that the real pain and suffering of these people is similar to the "pain and suffering" caused by someone pulling up next to you at a stoplight with a loud radio.

Quote:
FACT "Boom car" Web sites and "boom car" operators pride themselves on their use of infrasound. "Boom car" drivers are truly audio terrorists.
Pretty much everyone was emotionally affected by the terrorist attacks in NYC, especially New Yorkers. It's very offensive to claim that a loud car is similar, or even on the same proverbial planet, as flying a bunch of planes into a bunch of buildings with a bunch of people inside them.

Quote:
FACT The number # 1 killer of teenagers is car accidents. One of the # 1 reasons for teenage car accidents are driver distractions, such as the radio or CD player.
This is offensive to all teenagers who have been killed in car accidents and their families. To use their deaths as a talking point, especially with such a tenuous link, must take a very cold heart.

Quote:
FACT those who would reply to this post in an inappropriate manner are the very same ones who are part of the problem[...]
It's offensive to say "anybody who disagrees with me is part of the problem."

Quote:
[...]call 911 and report an "assault & battery". That's what it seems like to me when one of these Noise Terrorists comes thru my neighborhood: I've been assaulted or robbed of my peace of mind!
This is offensive to those who have actually experienced "assault & battery", many of whom must now with permanent disabilities. Oh no, a loud car drove by my house. I feel like I was just stabbed in the back and left to bleed to death in the streets. (Happened to a friend of mine, they never caught the guys.)

I could go on and on, but the whole thing is ridiculous to the point of the absurd, which makes me think it's a troll. Using hot button words like "rape" and "terrorism" is a typical troll tactic, as is making ridiculous suggestions, like calling 911 and saying you were physically attacked.

Old 10-12-2011, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovePalms View Post
Other "offensive" things:

Vibroacoustic disease is caused by chronic exposure to very loud (airplane or heavy machinery) noise for many hours a day for a period of 10 years or more, typically in a workplace setting. It's offensive to suggest that the real pain and suffering of these people is similar to the "pain and suffering" caused by someone pulling up next to you at a stoplight with a loud radio.

Pretty much everyone was emotionally affected by the terrorist attacks in NYC, especially New Yorkers. It's very offensive to claim that a loud car is similar, or even on the same proverbial planet, as flying a bunch of planes into a bunch of buildings with a bunch of people inside them.

This is offensive to all teenagers who have been killed in car accidents and their families. To use their deaths as a talking point, especially with such a tenuous link, must take a very cold heart.

It's offensive to say "anybody who disagrees with me is part of the problem."

This is offensive to those who have actually experienced "assault & battery", many of whom must now with permanent disabilities. Oh no, a loud car drove by my house. I feel like I was just stabbed in the back and left to bleed to death in the streets. (Happened to a friend of mine, they never caught the guys.)

I could go on and on, but the whole thing is ridiculous to the point of the absurd, which makes me think it's a troll. Using hot button words like "rape" and "terrorism" is a typical troll tactic, as is making ridiculous suggestions, like calling 911 and saying you were physically attacked.
While I wouldn't use the word "offensive," I agree with your general point here.

I do not agree, however, with the notion that this person is trolling. They seem genuinely kooky, not pretend-kooky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area