U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 05:23 AM

142 posts, read 298,727 times

Advertisements

You wanne see kooky read some of the posts on the link one of the "kooks" posted BOOM CARS PROTEST RALLY - [domain blocked due to spam]

A lttle violent for me to think they are anything but kooky
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 11:09 PM

17,401 posts, read 21,239,668 times
On another loud car stereo post on another forum, there was a poster who said there was no need for legislation on boom cars, as it's another way to limit our freedom in this country.

Curiously, I checked his Posting History and discovered he's a fanatical reformed smoker who applauds every measure to take the freedoms away from smokers.

I'm a smoker, my freedom is being taken away each and every day.

So! Here's what happens when you take the freedom away form one group of people: Vengeance!!! You take my freedom away, and I'll find some way to take your freedom away!

Smoking is a health issue, and so is noise a health issue!

I can't enjoy a smoke with my beer at a bar, and you drive by the bar with your loud stereo? Off with your head!!!

Old 05-30-2012, 09:08 PM

11 posts, read 16,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturelovers View Post
Sure easy for you to say, never had to endure one in your bone marrow for three harrowing minutes with no escape! Sorry but till you have been raped by one you don't know what it's like!
Get a grip! If you'd ever actually BEEN RAPED...you'd never compare something as insignificant as a loud car to a rapist...SMH.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:21 AM

29 posts, read 91,637 times
move out of the ghetto and you wont have that problem.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:20 PM

118 posts, read 184,041 times
Default 2 states later and still being raped and assaulted!

WELCOME TO GHETTO AMERICA, NOWHERE TO RUN TO NOWHERE TO HIDE BABY, THE ZOMBIE BASS HEADS HAVE TAKEN OVER, THANK YOU SONY, ROCKFORD FOSGATE AND OTHERS.
Heavy Bass Assault Awareness

Old 02-23-2014, 04:25 PM

[quote=mrs.cool;21243483]Am I the only woman reading this thread? I would think some of the other female members on here would also be insulted by his continual insistence he's being "raped". That is VERY offensive to women. Please stop it. [/quote

What a shame you didn't read it was my wife and I, not just myself and it's called acoustic rape and it's more common then you think! I did not make the video below, in fact my wife and I don't live in FL. anymore. Having live there in FL for 10 grueling years we can tell you that what Sarasota tried to do was the right thing but they went about it the wrong way, at any rate we can tell you the Bass Thugs are all over the country all the way to the West Coast, we are here in a small college town in OR. and it's just as bad as Tampa was, any how this is a very serious issue and needs to be no longer seen as Loud Music or Noise It's assault plain and simple and it's Felt before Heard please visit this informative page Heavy Bass Audio Assault Awareness Campaign Please Fw. this Heavy Bass Awareness Page link to all law enforcement, media, elected officials and schools around the country it's time to raise awareness about this potentially deadly issue once and for all!

Florida's growing noise pollution problem - YouTube

Old 02-23-2014, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsAndre View Post
Get a grip! If you'd ever actually BEEN RAPED...you'd never compare something as insignificant as a loud car to a rapist...SMH.
Raped is defined as force to do experience something against your will, you have no idea what you are talking about!

Florida's growing noise pollution problem - YouTube

Old 02-23-2014, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovePalms View Post
Other "offensive" things:

Vibroacoustic disease is caused by chronic exposure to very loud (airplane or heavy machinery) noise for many hours a day for a period of 10 years or more, typically in a workplace setting. It's offensive to suggest that the real pain and suffering of these people is similar to the "pain and suffering" caused by someone pulling up next to you at a stoplight with a loud radio.

Pretty much everyone was emotionally affected by the terrorist attacks in NYC, especially New Yorkers. It's very offensive to claim that a loud car is similar, or even on the same proverbial planet, as flying a bunch of planes into a bunch of buildings with a bunch of people inside them.

This is offensive to all teenagers who have been killed in car accidents and their families. To use their deaths as a talking point, especially with such a tenuous link, must take a very cold heart.

It's offensive to say "anybody who disagrees with me is part of the problem."

This is offensive to those who have actually experienced "assault & battery", many of whom must now with permanent disabilities. Oh no, a loud car drove by my house. I feel like I was just stabbed in the back and left to bleed to death in the streets. (Happened to a friend of mine, they never caught the guys.)

I could go on and on, but the whole thing is ridiculous to the point of the absurd, which makes me think it's a troll. Using hot button words like "rape" and "terrorism" is a typical troll tactic, as is making ridiculous suggestions, like calling 911 and saying you were physically attacked.

No It's A Damned Wake Up Call To Everyone, Especially Teens Who according to studies done, have a slower reaction time then the rest of us!

Last edited by naturelovers; 02-23-2014 at 04:55 PM..

Old 02-23-2014, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
This post has been written and rewritten is several incarnations here. Yes, everyone has a pet cause. Yours is obviously loud cars. OK, we get it.

But for God's sake, when people start suggesting calling 911 and lying about the offense, I would just like to say that is a worse crime than the one you are reporting, and you should be ashamed of yourself.

P.S. There are PLENTY of places in this country to live where you will virtually NEVER hear a loud car stereo, much less a "sonic deathmobile driven by domestic terrorists" or whatever it is you're saying.

In the time it has taken you to wring your hands over this for so long, you could have simply moved to a different town or neighborhood.

Life's too short.
Sorry not anymore there, try to find just one town other than Elkhart IN. go ahead! maybe back in 2011 when this post was made but now it's 2014 and it's a nationwide epidemic!
Heavy Bass Assault Awareness

Old 02-23-2014, 09:42 PM

2,089 posts, read 2,517,680 times
Nature Lover

Get a grip on yourself

Posting and posting and posting to yourself and to two year old messages that you have previously responded to makes it look like you are having a manic episode. Take your meds pleez.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area