Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 07:02 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,662,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturelovers View Post
Sure easy for you to say, never had to endure one in your bone marrow for three harrowing minutes with no escape! Sorry but till you have been raped by one you don't know what it's like!
I was going to type a longer reply but I can't stop laughing long enough to do so...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 09:45 AM

1,580 posts, read 3,126,547 times
when a loud stereo is the worst thing you have to deal with i would say your life is pretty good.

you are way to dramatic in your writing. get real.

there is nothing that you do to annoy people?

if these people are that annoying go have a "talk" with them, however based on your girlie whining my bet is you get your butt kicked.

Old 10-07-2011, 08:11 PM

118 posts, read 208,675 times
The following videos and corresponding comments on the Youtube page itself if you click on the video, speak VOLUMES on the problem here and nationwide! In one interview in Miami Beach, an older gentleman was quote as saying "It cuts through 6 feet of concrete, grabs you by the throat and doesn't let you go!" He was speaking of the absurdly amplified heavy bass! I have that video interview taped somewhere I hope I can find it and put online one of these days.Any further argument is mute, citizens see this as a form of domestic terrorism and completely unneeded! More videos can be found here as well as the offenders who brag about how they terrorize others, especially children.

Last edited by naturelovers; 10-07-2011 at 08:23 PM..

Old 10-07-2011, 08:38 PM

This reply is not just for you, it's for everyone here who doesn't understand how serious this issue is especially to people like myself.

End of the world no, but I will say this those who have been victimized and had their lives ruined, and have had to move more times then they can keep track of would just assume it was the end of the world! This is the end of decency and civility.Not all but many of the bass heads are tied into gang bangers and criminals who have killed citizens and Police, the facts are verifiable do your own research or just go to lowertheboom.org if you don't want to hear the truth that's fine, but don't make it sound so damned trivial because there are plenty of victims both dead and alive who would find it insulting including some military vets who suffer from PTSD, that's right I said soldiers who have served their country, they have signed the petition and I would be happy to dig that up for you! One would go for an imaginary rifle and helmet everytime a bass head would go by and the other had a metal plate in his head and his friend signed the petition and he believes it was the heavy bass that killed his friend. Funny you should mention fishing, I just read about a group that was at a fresh water spot whose experience was ruined, by you guessed it inconsiderate creeps with their booming bass, there is no escaping it!

"Audio terrorists take to the water"

"The latest assault from the "it's all about me" crowd is taking place on America's waterways and it's a damned shame. I wasn't fully aware of it until last week but I wasn't surprised."

I must stree this, loud music from the 80's as we used to listen to is not loud digitally enhanced heavy bass from the 90's and beyond! I will also tell you that I went to many concerts in my time including the Scorpions and Metallica as well as the US festival in Devore CA. that was the right time and place and it was plenty loud, Heavy Metal groups like Quiet Riot bands like Van Halen played and on on but believe it or not that can not compare to what is in some of these vehicles, the new technology has made it so that the digital bass can mimic nature and operates in the same frequency levels as thunder, earthquakes and volcanoes, that's partly why we refer to them as audio earthquakes, in fact in Frisco they actually were able to measure booming vehicles on a seismometer and it registered around a 2-3.0. I will have to dig that up for you. Anyhow I would highly recommend you read more on the issue, see how there are people actually trying to come up with technology to permanently silence them. because what you are saying is incorrect. Isn't it enough that they have their bass quakes (http://www.lastnightsmixtape.com/tag/ghetto-bassquake/ - broken link) in clubs, why the hell do they have to take it to the streets and make the rest of us miserable and unsafe? One last thought back in the 80's we didn't have more bass then brains, now adays that is the exact opposite, when a vehicle is weighed down with hundreds of pounds of subswoofer, crossovers and all kinds of amplification crap, when it's crammed in there that there is hardly any room for anything else, that's a clear case of more bass then brains, Here's Yer Sign! Everyone of these losers and offenders need to have a big L on the forehead as a Scarlet Letter so that the rest of us know that there is more bass then brains in them! People like me find it insulting when the likes of you and the bass heads tell us we have too much time on our hands, that couldn't be further from the truth I have had my life ruined by this crap, I am no longer to function as I did and can hardly earn a living thanks to the countless sleepless nights having to be awakened on a regular basis. You have no idea what kind of destruction sleep deprivation can do a person till you have to experience this! My wife and I are expecting our first child in my late 40's and we terrified of what these things are doing to my wife's stress levels and how it will affect our unborn child and then when she have to put the kid to bed and they are awakened at 3 am by one of these creeps! God help us if the child is Autistic since the horrible effect on Autistic children of low frequency heavy bass is devastating! "Boom cars need to be banned for their own good!" As was mentioned by the Charlotte County poster, that kind of thing happens all over America and especially in ABQ where they are plagued by them. If anything it's you detractors and nay sayers who have too much time on your hands to keep disputing this very serious issue. You join the ranks of the bass heads who needlessly keep signing the petition tell us activists that we have too much time on their hands, while I may love the rock band Styx and I do enjoy it loud sometimes, unlike the song says, I DO NOT HAVE TOO MUCH TIME ON MY HANDS. You honestly don't get it, do you. This is our cause we are in a war with those who otherwise live at the total expense of others, when you have been dragged into a war kicking and screaming like Braveheart was, what other choice do you have but to fight we didn't ask for this and certainly don't deserve it, we are the good guys and we will fight the good fight till civility and quiet returns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitnerdun View Post
Holy crap!!!!

THis is sounding like the end of the world!!!!

When I was a young adult in the 80's loud was it man! You can't listen to Deep Purple or Skynrd quietly, you gotta crank it up man! Chicks dig it!

There is a time and place for everything, we all have to respect each other's rights.

Oh, and I was not a criminal and am quite offended that you think a loud stereo means there is a criminal around. Get over it already. You obviously have way too much time on your hands, get a hobby.

If you truly want peace and quiet, go offshore fishing miles from land it is deafeningly silent.

Last edited by naturelovers; 10-07-2011 at 09:38 PM..

Old 10-07-2011, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinoutofjersey View Post
when a loud stereo is the worst thing you have to deal with i would say your life is pretty good.

you are way to dramatic in your writing. get real.

there is nothing that you do to annoy people?

if these people are that annoying go have a "talk" with them, however based on your girlie whining my bet is you get your butt kicked.
Get Real, I'm the real deal, I"m one of the oldest anti boom activists out there, my wife and I started the Anti Boom Car Petition 10 years ago when we had daily drive bys in FT. Myers and it's pretty much been non stop since. We have signatures from people all over America who are sick and tired and fed up and want a national ban and some of them are threatening vigilantism you tell them to get real! If we had media exposure we would have most likely had hundreds of thousands of signatures by the end of the first year! Today there are many more online petitions with so-called whiners like us!

Hmm let's see now I can recall at least few news stories of where when one guy was so "annoyed" by the offenders bass that he spit on the guys hood, and the offender stabbed him and went to jail. On the other hand there was the cook in Frisco who was murdered due to his "loud car stereo" Then there was the older lady in Jax who when this bass thug left his bass pumping the gas station she went in to buy gas and confronted him and gave him a few "kind" words, when she proceeded to exit the store, the guy who was behind the wheel already, proceeded to run her over and kill her, lucky for her she survived, after a brief search the cops caught up with him and he was arrested for attempted murder, turns out he was released early from prison for aggravated assault and attempted murder. Then there was the bike cop who tried to "talk" to a bass head in Palm Beach and the creep tried to run him over and the guy got booked on attempted murder of a Police Officer, Another similar instance was when a Sheriff Deputy in the Orlando area confronted an offender in a gas station and the guy tried to run him over, not sure if they ever caught that guy. There was also an incident in Detroit I think, where the guy dragged a Police Officer who had his hand in the window.

This one may not count since it was a booming home stereo, but as I recall this happened when we were living in Miami, there was this tenant who got fed up calling the cops on his neighbors thumping bass system downstairs, one night the people who were from Argentina, my family is from there, were having a B-day party with pumping bass, sadly the guy upstairs came down with a fire arm and blew away the B-day boy, he died and the upstairs guy went to jail for murder. All these stories are well documented, you can't make this kind of stuff up! So try to talk to them? You must be joking right? The only way I would ever confront one of these thugs is to either have a cop present, who is on my side or my Mossberg 500 with me, for self defense of course.

Here's one mild out of state "I Live In Florida Most Of The Time And That's All I Here" BIG SURPRISE THERE!
example of trying to talk to them! In the video it looks like the bass head probably blew out his windows since he has a trash bag in place instead.

YOU DON"T REASON WITH THOSE WHO HAVE MORE BASS THEN BRAINS!

We are not whining we are
educating and working with officials to change things, as are these people there is a big difference!
Knowledge Is Power and it's also empowering!

Everyone one of you, who have the gall to talk to people here, like the low lifes who post on Youtube in a total disrespectful manner, the use of words like "whining" and "get over it" I guarantee you, you wouldn't have the stones to say it to someone's face in the real world especially when they are surrounded by fellow victims and allies! Would you? As far as I'm concerned those words constitute a personal attack and I will not take them lying down!

You need to stop acting like cyber bullies otherwise your no better than the real life bullies who are bullying kids into killing themselves. In fact a thread was started on City-Data about this very subject. ""Bullies" don't seem to think twice when it comes to "heaping shame" on other people. Or making fun of other people etc...But yet they don't seem to have any shame themselves when it comes to their own words and behavior...They lack sensitivity when it comes to considering the impact that their words (or actions) might have on other people's feelings or self-esteem" By the way the issue of Cyber Bulling is so serious that there are laws against it mostly to protect kids but in some cases adults too! "Don’t think that adults are immune to this type of bullying, because they are not. When an adult’s image is damaged at their job, or within their circle of friends, it can be just as devastating. Nearly all of these popular chat software is connected to an e-mail account, and most users can be traced. Again, contact the sit responsible, and file a complaint. You should save your chat records for evidence, too."
Just look at what I found here "Bullying was once limited to face-to-face contact, or through letters or phone calls. However, the Internet and cell phones have made it possible for bullies to cause fear in their victims 24 hours a day."

I am not a child I am an intelligent late 40's male who is going through a very rough time in life, not of my doing, and I will be damned if I will be spoken to in this manner. Learn to effectively communicate with others online or don't bother responding. All you are doing is adding fuel to the fire to something that is hot enough! What ever happened to being civil to one another, that's just it people aren't civil to one another anymore especially when it comes to imposing on another person's right to peace and quiet, guess what that's how wars start! Then again it's best to just let you have the last word, I have presented plenty of data and evidence to refute your nay saying and I"m tired, so I will try to rest now before the next wave of subsonic drive bys.

Last edited by naturelovers; 10-07-2011 at 11:39 PM..

Old 10-07-2011, 10:38 PM

You know I really I wish we could post here things that are totally not relevant to what we are going through, but unfortunately that's sadly not the case.

Old 10-07-2011, 10:40 PM

I say again, don't hate the truth, KNOWLEDGE IS POWER and if you were to bother taking 5 mins and search right here on City-Data you would see we are not the only ones battling this issue and if that's not enough just go here! here is just one intelligent comment

State: CT
Comments: "Noise is domestic terrorism today. As anthrax was likely spread by some hate group right here in the US, so is unneccessary noise. Noise is compensation for either lack of intellectual or sexual ability. It is an affront to normal, hardworking people who simply have the right to peace and quiet."

Last edited by naturelovers; 10-07-2011 at 11:42 PM..

Old 10-07-2011, 11:19 PM

I will add one more thing, there are those who act responsibly and take into consideration the rights of others to peace quiet and highway safety and then there are the thugs, no reasoning with them, and chances are they are wanted for something by law enforcement. Once a bass thug always a thug.

Old 10-08-2011, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinoutofjersey View Post
You have posted this here a couple times with not much response from anyone. Wouldn't that make you think either no one cares or no one else has the problem. I think your post is a bit over the top.

Just because support didn't come through on this forum right away, no one cares? That doesn't mean anything and you shouldn't gauge it based on that. Give it time, nothing happens right away, believe me there are plenty of people suffering in silence, my neighbors care and so does my county commissioner, they are tired of dealing with this crap where they live. Keep watching the news this issue will be coming up soon at a future county meeting.

Old 10-08-2011, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixiStix View Post
I was going to type a longer reply but I can't stop laughing long enough to do so...
You find that funny? What's so funny about seeing a loved one suffer? You disgust me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area