U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 01:54 PM

24 posts, read 15,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
There has been a huge decrease in civility here in the recent past. I'm sure we all have strong opinions about all sorts of topics, but it's not "interesting" or "provocative" to challenge people all the time. If anyone thinks there are a bunch of "knuckleheads" here, why not just go somewhere else?

Otherwise, I think some civil and informative (read: "valued") participants will get fed up with it and they will go somewhere else, which is bad for everyone.

Where is all of this nastiness coming from all of a sudden?
Someone needs some cheese with their whine !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2011, 01:58 PM

1,580 posts, read 2,690,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imwithstupid View Post

now thats funny!

Old 09-24-2011, 02:31 PM

440 posts, read 901,840 times
I almost always find this site helpful and supportive. Of course there are private agendas but that's excusable for me. My problem is when a very negative post comes from a new poster. I've come to the conclusion that many really nasty posts from newbies are probably from the same few posters axes to grind. Sometimes humor just falls flat and looks like hostility. I know I'll stick around for the good stuff

Old 09-24-2011, 03:00 PM

1,643 posts, read 2,882,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imwithstupid View Post
I don't understand the "with" in your screenname.

Also, I wonder why I got three rep points within thirty minutes of that post (not that I care about rep points).

I guess some folks simply refuse to acknowledge that other people are entitled to an opinion about decorum and civility. I, for example, swear quite liberally and in a most vulgar manner in my private life, and enjoy some pursuits that others might find distasteful. I recognize that this might not be the place to express myself in that way or to discuss such matters. It's not for my sake that I skip these things here, but for the sake of those things that stumble around the world around me (virtual or otherwise) known as "other people."

So you and the other Stupid with whom you so proudly travel can go fall in a hole if you think I'm "whining."

Keep up the vitriol. It's really endearing.

Old 09-24-2011, 03:10 PM

89 posts, read 82,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinoutofjersey View Post
now thats funny!
real funny LOL

Old 09-24-2011, 03:13 PM

89 posts, read 82,930 times
Quote:

Also, I wonder why I got three rep points within thirty minutes of that post (not that I care about rep points).

I guess some folks simply refuse to acknowledge that other people are entitled to an opinion about decorum and civility. I, for example, swear quite liberally and in a most vulgar manner in my private life, and enjoy some pursuits that others might find distasteful. I recognize that this might not be the place to express myself in that way or to discuss such matters. It's not for my sake that I skip these things here, but for the sake of those things that stumble around the world around me (virtual or otherwise) known as "other people."

So you and the other Stupid with whom you so proudly travel can go fall in a hole if you think I'm "whining."

I found the comment amusing also. You need to as another poster said take these boards with a grain of salt & enjoy what you want to enjoy and ignore what displeases you.

Life is to short to let these posts bother you. You probably reinforce what you perceive as a negative post by attacking the poster for what might have been an attempt at humor.

Old 09-24-2011, 03:36 PM

1,643 posts, read 2,882,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorothyfromKansas View Post
I found the comment amusing also. You need to as another poster said take these boards with a grain of salt & enjoy what you want to enjoy and ignore what displeases you.

Life is to short to let these posts bother you. You probably reinforce what you perceive as a negative post by attacking the poster for what might have been an attempt at humor.
Yes, OK. You're right.

Seriously, forget I said anything (mods, please delete my posts), and you folks can interact any way you see fit, and I will simply ignore it all.

Note: another two rep points just since the last post. Is it really that hard to see that people aren't interested in aggressive people berating those with dissenting views?

But as I said, no more from me. Done with it.

Old 09-24-2011, 03:48 PM

24 posts, read 15,861 times
Quote:
Yes, OK. You're right.

Seriously, forget I said anything (mods, please delete my posts), and you folks can interact any way you see fit, and I will simply ignore it all.

Note: another two rep points just since the last post. Is it really that hard to see that people aren't interested in aggressive people berating those with dissenting views?

But as I said, no more from me. Done with it.
He recibido muchos puntos también. De ahora en adelante no prestaré la atención a usted.

Old 09-24-2011, 03:56 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,485,827 times
Quote:

Weren't you just complaining about the lack of civility on this board? Doesn't look like you made it better with this post.

Old 09-24-2011, 04:41 PM

442 posts, read 450,323 times
Rushmore, you can't talk someone into having class. You either have it or you don't. Just enjoy the fact that you have it. I put two people on my ignore list a few weeks ago and the board is a much better experience for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area