U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 08:28 AM

5,266 posts, read 4,550,264 times
Default When does the HUMIDITY go away !

Do y'all have a difficult time adjusting to the humidity? how long does it take to acclimate here. I may have to change my user name to "melting" in SWF.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2011, 09:05 AM

1,222 posts, read 1,919,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Do y'all have a difficult time adjusting to the humidity? how long does it take to acclimate here. I may have to change my user name to "melting" in SWF.

LOL, you do adjust but I admit, it has been a bit humid lately. October is my favorite month here. It starts feeling much nicer out. Hang in there!

Old 09-25-2011, 09:05 AM

1,647 posts, read 1,585,301 times
I have to say, I have not found the humidity to be as bad as expected here. Of course, coming from cities like DC and Baltimore makes it a fairly easy transition.

Mid-October or so, the weather becomes much more conducive to throwing open the lanai doors.

Of course, the trade-off is that the seasonal crowd shows up to share it with you.

I work from home and take care of our baby daughter every day, so I am REALLY looking forward to these doors opening up soon, and working from my lanai every day. It's just the best.

Same thing happens in the spring.

Old 09-25-2011, 09:06 AM

39 posts, read 37,669 times
HA it will get better. I lived there for 10 years and then moved to Missouri, I know for a fact that both places are equal in humidity. Good thing come Dec, Jan, Feb you will be out of the cold and ice.
We can't wait to move

Old 09-25-2011, 11:39 AM

3,155 posts, read 3,208,654 times
Yeah, you do get tired of the humidity after awhile. It seems to drag on. But when October comes and you can open the doors and get that fresh air, it definitely feels NICE. I got used to the humidity after the first year of living here, but it is more enjoyable when you can spend more time outdoors without sweating. I get my outside work done in the mornings and eves. Just wait, the winters here make it all worthwhile.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:50 AM

879 posts, read 989,909 times
i came from a humid place too so I don't mind it on a daily basis, it's just those extra-soupy days that I hide indoors.

Old 09-25-2011, 01:00 PM

488 posts, read 474,987 times
I was born and raised in Florida. I still can't get used to June, July, and August. The humidity goes a way for me when I go back home to Colorado.

Old 09-25-2011, 01:38 PM

4,947 posts, read 5,957,381 times
Some people never get used to high humidity. I tried to acclimate to a very humid city for 20+ years before I made my escape. It only seemed to get worse the longer I stayed.

Old 09-25-2011, 02:27 PM

2,285 posts, read 1,981,394 times
I don't know that I ever got used to it, but after a few years I just learned to deal with it. It was the lesser of two evils (ice and snow).

My wife never got used to it, or even learned to live with it. She was pretty miserable anytime we were outside for the 21 summers that we were there.

Old 09-25-2011, 02:35 PM

1,647 posts, read 1,585,301 times
Y'know, one thing that comes to mind is the obvious: to each his own.

The reason I say this is that prior to 30 years of age, I absolutely loathed heat and humidity, and actually liked the cold weather.

Now, it is literally the opposite.

Yep, it's pretty humid for half the year here. It just doesn't bother me much, though. Maybe because I spend so much time on the golf courses during the summer (because there's virtually NOBODY else on them, and because it costs almost nothing to play).

When I'm up north in the cold these days, though, all I can do is lament not being in the warmth of Florida.

Like I said, to each his own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area