U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 08:27 AM

1,643 posts, read 2,880,291 times

Advertisements

Why do I, with my bad back and my hands-that-have-to-hold-my-baby, have to bend over and pick up this totally unwanted, dirty newspaper from my driveway all the time? Is it lawful for these people to deliver this unwanted rag? I have found no way to make it stop, including calling my association.

Even if I got the right party on the phone (sure), I seriously doubt there is a do not deliver" list in the back of the old pickup or van from which these useless items are tossed.

"No, Steve! Don't throw one THERE! That's the guy who called and said he didn't want it! Whew, that was a close one!"

<Sigh>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2011, 09:54 AM

1,579 posts, read 2,781,153 times
I was receiving the North Port Sun for some reason, when they started calling to ask me to subscribe I told them I'm already getting it and do not want it, will not pay for it and it did stop.

No clue on how to make them stop delivering to you except wait in the bushes and when you see them drive up start tossing them in their window? Maybe they'd get the hint?

Old 10-01-2011, 10:03 AM

3,219 posts, read 4,584,662 times
Contact the Observer and ask for whomever handles distribution. I had a weekly paper thrown on my drive each week that I also didn't want so I contacted that paper, several weeks in a row, until they finally got the message and stopped delivery to my driveway.

Your association may decide to get more involved if you bring up the security issues created by those throwaway newspapers laying on driveways -- thieves looking for homes to break into look for those with signs that the owners are away. Signs such as newspapers laying on the driveways.

Old 10-01-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nphomeowner View Post
I was receiving the North Port Sun for some reason, when they started calling to ask me to subscribe I told them I'm already getting it and do not want it, will not pay for it and it did stop.

No clue on how to make them stop delivering to you except wait in the bushes and when you see them drive up start tossing them in their window? Maybe they'd get the hint?
Maybe I should produce a totally useless collection of faux-stories wrapped around a thousand valueless coupons and dump them on their steps every day. I should make whatever content there is as offensive as possible, of course.

Shouldn't be too tough.

Old 10-01-2011, 11:58 AM

5,311 posts, read 8,123,361 times
Personally, I like the Observer but I guess that's neither here nor there. For what it's worth, try here and see if you can get anywhere. Circulation is at the bottom of the page of contacts:
Your Observer: Contact Information - The Observer Group

Old 10-01-2011, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
Personally, I like the Observer but I guess that's neither here nor there. For what it's worth, try here and see if you can get anywhere. Circulation is at the bottom of the page of contacts:
I had searched their site and that had evaded my detection. You have done well to find it for me, thank you.

I have sent an email, in spite of my belief that it will not be effective.

Old 10-01-2011, 01:30 PM

5,311 posts, read 8,123,361 times
Well, good luck. I think they are actually pretty good about that sort of thing. I should also add that they don't deliver it to my driveway so anytime I read it, it is only because I chose to pick it up. I can appreciate your not wanting trash deliveries!

Old 10-01-2011, 09:07 PM

475 posts, read 751,218 times
That's the one good thing about the Herald. That won't dump that trash in your yard unless you pay for it!

Old 10-03-2011, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
After utilizing this excellent piece of detective work, I received an email back saying they would "notify the circulation manager."

So, let's see how that goes.

I admit, it is at least encouraging.

Old 10-03-2011, 12:18 PM

477 posts, read 868,527 times
It's one thing if you subscribe to a service as you can call and stop the delivery while you are out of town...

However, you cannot call and stop this particular publication from being thrown onto your driveway while you are away. Which could lead to trouble....We have neighbors who would pick it up for us but what if you don't have a neighbor you can rely on? You're just fair game for getting robbed...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area