U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 07:08 AM

7,486 posts, read 19,875,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnanner View Post
SoFlGal does this board let you edit the thread title? Maybe if you change it people will realize there is more discussion, change of dates, etc. Worth a try!
I'll email Nancy and see if she can change the title. Good idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester Burnett View Post
We are a maybe for the 22nd. I'd love to check out the mangrove tunnels and meet some fellow CD'ers.
That would be great! We had a really good time last time we did a kayak trip. The only problem is that we went with a guide and the guide had to get back. So, this time I'll be the guide

Old 10-10-2011, 10:48 AM

614 posts, read 1,449,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Trying to put together a City-Data/Facebook kayak day. Hubby and I are going to do the mangrove tunnels off of Lido on Oct. 15th. If anyone would like to join us, we’d be glad to have you! We launch right before south Lido beach at 100 Taft Dr, Lido Key.

If you don’t have a kayak and would like to go you can still attend. The guy who owns Adventure Kayaks is a pretty good dude. Here’s his page about the Mangrove tunnels, Exotic Mangrove Tunnels Tour - AdventureKayakOutfitters.com Here’s the page that talks about renting kayaks.
Kayak Rentals - AdventureKayakOutfitters.com He charges $45 per day for a single and $55 per day for a tandem. There are discounts for multiple kayak rentals.

Jamie Hooks Outdoors also rents kayaks but I’m not sure of his rates these days. Jamie Hooks Outdoors | Facebook

Almost Heaven has a pretty good page on what to bring and what to expect. They also have a good reputation in the community: Kayak Tour in the South Lido Mangrove Tunnels - Sarasota and Bradenton FL - Almost Heaven Kayak Adventures At the bottom of the page it has their rates: Kayak Sales and Rentals Sarasota and Bradenton FL - Almost Heaven Kayak Adventures
There are a handful of others who do rentals as well.

Here are a few pictures from the last time we did the mangrove tunnels: http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...-lido-key.html

I suggest you bring plenty of water, a camera in a waterproof bag, sunscreen, snacks/a sandwich for lunch, a towel and anything else you might think of. We usually stop at South Lido Beach and have lunch. Which usually consists of the sandwiches that we bring.

If you bring your own kayak make sure you have a flotation device and whistle (it’s the law). If you are renting a kayak this will be provided for you.

I have included my phone number in my profile if anyone gets lost or has any questions.

So, who wants to go? Harbor Hopper, Rushmore, Chester Burnett (I know you have your own kayak), Col and OMW, Jnanner and crew, anyone else??? How about some of the guys from the fishin’ thread? Messin' About, Fox-you down here yet?

The weather is nice now, let’s get out there and do some paddling!

This sounds like so much FUN, SoFlGal! I'm so jealous.Also, very nice of you to organize these events!!

This is the only area on City-Data that I "see" get togethers taking place. KUDOS!!!

Last edited by SummerBabe; 10-10-2011 at 11:06 AM..

Old 10-10-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerBabe View Post
This sounds like so much FUN, SoFlGal! I'm so jealous.Also, very nice of you to organize these events!!

This is the only area on City-Data that I "see" get togethers taking place. KUDOS!!!
Thanks! Hey, are you in town? Do ya wanna come along?

Old 10-10-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Thanks! Hey, are you in town? Do ya wanna come along?

^^YW! No, I wish. I'm flying down for the Xmas holidays; God willing.

So sweet of you. Thanks! Maybe you all will have something during the holidays and I can join ya!

Old 10-10-2011, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerBabe View Post
^^YW! No, I wish. I'm flying down for the Xmas holidays; God willing.

So sweet of you. Thanks! Maybe you all will have something during the holidays and I can join ya!
That would be cool! I think Grandmallie was saying she's going to be here during the holidays too. Maybe we can get a Holiday Kayak trip going

Old 10-10-2011, 11:38 AM

Quote:
That would be cool! I think Grandmallie was saying she's going to be here during the holidays too. Maybe we can get a Holiday Kayak trip going
I'll be checking for this! Thanks again.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:56 AM

5,311 posts, read 8,121,634 times
If anyone is interested, I received a Groupon this morning from I Kayak Sarasota. A $45 2 hour guided tour of the South Lido Mangrove Tunnels for $22.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:59 AM

5,311 posts, read 8,121,634 times
For anyone else who wants to know, Groupon is a website ( www.Groupon.com ) where you enter your area (i.e. Tampa Bay) and your email address and they send you offers each day. Most don't interest me but every once in a while there's a good one. Often half-price deals like this one. I also subscribe to Living Social or something like that. I don't get any SPAM and sometimes there are good deals, FWIW. Have fun!

Old 10-21-2011, 02:08 PM

Thanks for the info B!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area