Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 02:43 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,121,426 times

Advertisements

We just got back from the Chalk Festival - oh my, it was fantastic! It was HUGE this year (we went a couple years ago when there was almost no one). I couldn't believe the throngs of people there and ALL over downtown - there wasn't a parking space ANYWHERE downtown to be had! It was great seeing Sarasota like this. The art was wonderful. And then we ate at a little place called "Retropolitan" in Burns Court. Not only was it in one of the cute historic buildings, it had a kind of "hip" vibe, and had a really good (short) menu of salads, burgers and some entrees. I actually had fried chicken - it was one-half of an ORGANIC chicken, and it was the best I ever had. It was very light and did not taste greasy, and full of FLAVOR! It came with skinny frites made from scratch - absolutely delicious, and cucumber tomato salad. My hubs had the "Retropolitan burger" - a kobe beef burger all the way with the fries. Topped off with a couple glasses of really good wine each, it was a great addition to the day. I highly recommend this place!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2011, 05:13 PM

386 posts, read 1,015,231 times
We were there 3:30 today and it was VERY crowded. Next year we'll go on another day. It was enjoyable but I really despise wall-to-wall people bumping shoulders and dogs snarling at each other in a crowded street...

Old 11-06-2011, 05:54 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,462,454 times
Great pics SoFL. I love, love, love your daughter's outfit, fab style for a teen. If I were a youngin, I'd probably try to copy it. LOL. Cute couple.

Iamrita, When I went, it was pretty crowded, but not wall to wall, thank goodness, the crowd was more in the numbers like you see in SoFlgal's pics; people were polite and only minor bumping occured. I guess I'm glad I went when I did, I don't like it when it's too crowded either.

Old 11-07-2011, 06:11 PM

222 posts, read 854,738 times
Sarasota is the bomb.

The arts is what separates it from the rest. This is culture. I hope this continues. The beaches are great, but what separates Sarasota from the rest is this!

Old 11-07-2011, 07:49 PM

1,695 posts, read 3,044,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomet View Post
Sarasota is the bomb.

The arts is what separates it from the rest. This is culture. I hope this continues. The beaches are great, but what separates Sarasota from the rest is this!
Absolutely!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area