Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2012, 08:44 AM

9 posts, read 31,275 times

Advertisements

we are considering buying a property in Palmer Ranch. Initially may be rented out, or we may use it seasonally. We loved Turtle Rock, especially because of the well-balanced demographics, but then in the range we are looking for (250-300K) all we could find are the maintenance-free villas, which are nice ... but the maintenance is excessively high.

So we keep looking ... and we would like to hear views on Huntington Pointe (much lower maintenance fees, no villas, and no common ammenities). Any info on Huntington Pointe would be great! especially we would like to know what the demographics are ... we would like to target an area where we find a well-balanced mixture of full-time residents and snowbirds, as well as balanced across age groups. Some communities we saw there seemed to be very heavy on retirees, or at least lack of families with children.

Also would like to find out what rental restrictions are in those communities, e.g. Huntington Pointe.

Help!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 10:07 AM

3,979 posts, read 10,545,164 times
Huntington Pointe is just minutes away from beaches, YMCA, the mall, restaurants, hospitals, and downtown Sarasota. It is a gated community within Palmer Ranch. The HOA fees are paid annually and vary depending on location and type of home. Click the image below to see the current listings.
palmer ranch/huntington pointe-huntington-pointe.jpg

Demographics:
Population by Age:
0 and 11 – 8%
12 and 17 – 4%
18 and 24 – 3%
25 and 64 – 47%
65 and 74 – 20%
Average Household Income $75k

Rent Payments:
Less than $499 – 5%
$500 to $749 – 15%
$750 to $999 – 56%
$1000 over – 20%
Units occupied by renters 23%

Here is a description of the community. There are many fine communities situated throughout the local Sarasota area, including those in prestigious Palmer Ranch. One of the most well maintained and desirable is Huntington Pointe. The homes in this community typically range in price from around $300,000 and up. Buyers will find a wide array of fabulous residences from cozy single-family homes in the 1,800 square feet range to more expansive homes with more than 2,500 square feet of living space. No matter what kind of style or design you have in mind, you will likely find a home in Huntington Pointe that will match what you are looking for. Many of the homes here feature swimming pools for enjoyment on those warm afternoons and screened-in lanais for relaxing and entertaining. The homes in Huntington Pointe border one of the numerous lakes sprinkled throughout this community, accented with lush foliage.

Perhaps one of the best benefits of making your home in Huntington Pointe is that you will be within 10 minutes of the number one beach in the state, allowing easy access for water sports, swimming and relaxing. In addition, you will be only 15 minutes from fabulous art and cultural opportunities situated in the downtown Sarasota area. All of the amenities and conveniences you can imagine are available right within the Palmer Ranch area or in the nearby surrounding area.

Buyers who are in the market for a prime piece of real estate will find that the homes in Huntington Point represent one of the best values in the local Sarasota area. As one of the most desirable and popular communities in Palmer Ranch, Huntington Pointe represents an investment that will serve you well for many years to come.

Old 01-05-2012, 10:15 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,914,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueicetea View Post
we are considering buying a property in Palmer Ranch. Initially may be rented out, or we may use it seasonally. We loved Turtle Rock, especially because of the well-balanced demographics, but then in the range we are looking for (250-300K) all we could find are the maintenance-free villas, which are nice ... but the maintenance is excessively high.

So we keep looking ... and we would like to hear views on Huntington Pointe (much lower maintenance fees, no villas, and no common ammenities). Any info on Huntington Pointe would be great! especially we would like to know what the demographics are ... we would like to target an area where we find a well-balanced mixture of full-time residents and snowbirds, as well as balanced across age groups. Some communities we saw there seemed to be very heavy on retirees, or at least lack of families with children.

Also would like to find out what rental restrictions are in those communities, e.g. Huntington Pointe.

Help!!!
Argus is the property management company for Huntington Pointe. Their rules and regs are all online here: http://www.argusmgmt.com/clients/pdf...0Documents.pdf

As far as leasing goes, all leases must be in writing and a copy of the lease must be provided to the association at the time the lessee occupies the dwelling. Also leases must be for a term of at least 30 days.

I would say Huntington Pointe is fairly balanced from what I could tell. One of the best ways to find out is to get the opinion of a few people who actually live in there.

I know Rushmore lives in the general vicinity and may be able to weigh in as well.

Good luck it

Old 01-05-2012, 12:24 PM

Thanks TamRE for the quick response! The general Sarasota stats look good, as is the description for Huntington Pointe ... but it is the type of data I already knew.
I would love to hear from somebody that lives or personally knows well Huntington Pointe or comparatively other communities in Palmer Ranch, from personal experience, or talking to friends/relatives that live there.
I was recenty in Sarasota, and I concluded that the best way to get a feel of a neighborhood in Palmer Ranch is to walk around that neighbourhood and make observations. Short of real stats of the neighbourhood of course, which are hard to come by.
I also would like to get info about the HOA rules/restrictions there, something I could not find so far on the Internet.
In Turtle Rock I had some time to talk to residents, and I left convinced it is a very nice area to live ... lots of ammenities, beautiful natural setting ... but because of that also higher cost than some other neighbourhoods.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:41 PM

SoflGal - you are the best!

The document you provided was EXACTLY what I was looking for about Huntington Pointe HOA rules. Looks like it has relatively reasonable rules, and least restrictions from what I can tell vs. other Palmer Ranch communities.

Now if I could only find out that the population there is age-balanced, that would be great (so I am waiting for Rushmore:-)

Can't thank you enough!

Old 01-05-2012, 04:34 PM

287 posts, read 589,791 times
Turtle Rock has the highest percentage of residential realtor ownership in all of Sarasota per contiguous 750 homes according to ownership records from SCPA. <<<-----This alone says a lot -that realtors know REAL lasting value. Some well known realtors live here.

(my curiosity of where realtors live led to this research)

I would suggest renting in Turtle Rock or H.P. and grab the first/second Turtle Rock home that becomes available. You can walk past the guards in Turtle Rock (just wave friendly to them) to visit the home often if you come from H.P. Good Luck.

Old 01-05-2012, 04:49 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,914,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantPalmerRanch View Post
Turtle Rock has the highest percentage of residential realtor ownership in all of Sarasota per contiguous 750 homes according to ownership records from SCPA. <<<-----This alone says a lot -that realtors know REAL lasting value. Some well known realtors live here.

(my curiosity of where realtors live led to this research)

I would suggest renting in Turtle Rock or H.P. and grab the first/second Turtle Rock home that becomes available. You can walk past the guards in Turtle Rock (just wave friendly to them) to visit the home often if you come from H.P. Good Luck.
They are not supposed to let anyone in the development who does not live there or have business in there. In fact, they used to make us provide our Realtor license as well as a photo ID. They haven't been requiring that lately.

Old 01-05-2012, 05:04 PM

287 posts, read 589,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
They are not supposed to let anyone in the development who does not live there or have business in there. In fact, they used to make us provide our Realtor license as well as a photo ID. They haven't been requiring that lately.
I am SO Friendly and innocent looking that they never bothered me.

But they probably stop about 99% of walkers.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:51 PM

Back after a long break in searching for homes ... does anybody know the demographics in Deer Creek (Palmer Ranch), and in the Deer Creek Villas section?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area