U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 05:25 AM

1,487 posts, read 1,366,261 times

Advertisements

Yesterday while at the Hair Cuttery in the Publixs plaza on 41 in North Port I asked what new businesses are going in. There is major construction going on at the other end of the plaza.

According to my hairdresser coming in is: Sports Authority, Ross, Five Guys Burgers, Bealls and a Panera. I believe there were a few more and the names now escape me.

But, it's growth and that can only be good!!

Last edited by nphomeowner; 01-17-2012 at 05:25 AM.. Reason: to add Bealls
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2012, 06:58 AM

5,725 posts, read 8,253,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nphomeowner View Post
Yesterday while at the Hair Cuttery in the Publixs plaza on 41 in North Port I asked what new businesses are going in. There is major construction going on at the other end of the plaza.

According to my hairdresser coming in is: Sports Authority, Ross, Five Guys Burgers, Bealls and a Panera. I believe there were a few more and the names now escape me.

But, it's growth and that can only be good!!
Yeah, look around! There has been a ton of growth in the area in the last couple years - despite the tough economy - companies know this area is going to continue to grow for a long time to come. They have all done their research and that is why of all places to continue to build / grow they chose this area.

Old 01-17-2012, 07:03 AM

3,273 posts, read 3,825,506 times
Yes, North Port has been growing since we moved here in 2004. Most of 41 through North Port was all wooded land originally.

The plaza you are talking about is called Cocoplum Village Shops. They are starting on the next phase of the project.

Here are some links of current shops there:
North Port, FL : News : New businesses announced for Cocoplum Village Shops

http://www.benderson.com/html/portfolio/brochures/Florida%20FLYERS/Cocoplum%20Village%20Shops%20FLYER.pdf (broken link)

The new businesses will mean more jobs as well. So it is a good thing.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:00 AM

2,638 posts, read 2,990,718 times
Kumo is superb.

Mrs s is excited by Ross and 5 guys burgers. break out the wallet

Old 01-17-2012, 11:49 AM

3,273 posts, read 3,825,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr&mrssunshine View Post
Kumo is superb.

Mrs s is excited by Ross and 5 guys burgers. break out the wallet
I am excited too. I have been to the Ross and Five Guys Burgers in Ft Myers. I like the dresses at Ross and I love the french fries at Five Guys Burgers, but watch out for the calories. Free peanuts too. And we sure could use a Sports Authority nearby. I wonder when they will be ready and open. It is nice to have some new stores coming in that we don't already have in the area. Can't wait!

Old 01-17-2012, 12:01 PM

Construction just started last week so I guess it will be a while before any grand openings but at least we know they are coming!

Old 01-17-2012, 12:51 PM

21 posts, read 28,070 times
Yay! That is great news. I was interested to see what they were building. I already knew about Panera (my daughter is so excited, we love that place) but my husband will be very excited about Sports Authority and Five Guys! I really like Beall's too. So glad to see things finally turning around, especially now that we have bought a house here and opened a business here. We will be here for awhile.

Old 01-17-2012, 01:15 PM

The longer I'm here in North Port the more I'm glad that this is where we settled in. I'm VERY happy here. We just hit the 6 month mark and made it through our first summer and now enjoying the awesome winter. Not one day goes by that I don't look at this beautiful blue sky and be so thankful that we made it!!!

Old 01-17-2012, 03:07 PM

5,725 posts, read 8,253,459 times
If you guys like Five Guys (and I used to eat at the orginal in Northern Virginia when they first started), then you can go to Big D's in Punta Gorda. They make hamburgers and french fries in the same style taht Five Guys does. - Just a thought for those that really like Five Guys. Big D's is located on Marian Avenue between 41N and 41S. Plus they have those awesome Chicago Dogs that everyone was talking about. I never had one till last year, and now I love 'em.

Old 01-17-2012, 04:12 PM

2,638 posts, read 2,990,718 times
you love all food !!!!

NP mom have you tried Jasons Deli -in our opinion its better than Panera
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area