Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 02:30 PM

60 posts, read 110,341 times

Advertisements

"we have a $300,000 boat and 3 very expensive trucks----we would NEVER----bring them home and put them on our property---though we could."

Just out of curiousity?
Then where do you keep them?
If not on your property?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 02:45 PM

80 posts, read 183,973 times
Default Canal front but safe community

We keep the boat on a mooring in Newport Harbor, and the trucks are parked in a garage at my husbands business. We would never bring them home.......

Old 01-27-2012, 03:29 PM

60 posts, read 110,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goin south View Post
We keep the boat on a mooring in Newport Harbor, and the trucks are parked in a garage at my husbands business. We would never bring them home.......
Oh ok ~ I guess growing up in a one car family (and now a 2 car household) where we kept our little boat in the backyard on a trailer I just don’t understand owning a vehicle you don’t drive on a regular basis, that is more convenient to park at your house ~ but there are many things is this big beautiful world I just don’t get I guess ~lol~

Old 01-27-2012, 04:08 PM

535 posts, read 1,023,985 times
I have a 2011 GMC pickup that cost $45,000 and I DO park it in my driveway

Old 01-27-2012, 05:08 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,362,118 times
It's "unacceptable" (per OP) to live in a subdivision where there are boats in the driveway but canal front property is being evaluated.

With canal front properties, there are boats pretty much behind every house, usually on a boat lift. The view from the home is usually aimed toward the water and you pretty much see a bunch of boats on lifts from your home and from your pool and yard. The fewer trees and shrubs and the closer together the homes, the more boats you will see.

So it is ok to view boats that are on lifts, but not ok if they are elsewhere on the property?

Old 01-27-2012, 08:25 PM

This is definitely bogging down into class warfare. If you don't get it,, you don't get it.

We are looking for nice, safe, quiet community, where people don't hang clothes in the yard, put boats, rv's and trailers and trucks in the driveway. THAT is why there are deed restrictions, and these things are not allowed---and for you all that think we're being difficult--we both grew up in very humble circumstances---but we know nice when we see it---and when we don't...........

If you tell us what areas you live in, we promise we won't look there!

Old 01-28-2012, 01:12 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,868,917 times
Quote:
This is definitely bogging down into class warfare. If you don't get it,, you don't get it.

We are looking for nice, safe, quiet community, where people don't hang clothes in the yard, put boats, rv's and trailers and trucks in the driveway. THAT is why there are deed restrictions, and these things are not allowed---and for you all that think we're being difficult--we both grew up in very humble circumstances---but we know nice when we see it---and when we don't...........

I guess the open garages, basketball poles and trucks in this neighborhood are just not acceptable.

This is obviously not your perception of a nice neighborhood.

BTW, least expensive house is listed at 679K, most expensive at 1.8 million. Not exactly the "hood". I actually like to see a bit of variety and most important LIFE in a neighborhood, not some sterile make believe Disneyland perception of reality.

That includes trucks and signs of kids doing healthy things like shooting some hoops.

But they do build and covenant restrict areas for people like your self who prefer that type of thing. Your probably right, better that people like you and people like me are somewhat segregated.

I don't understand you, and you don't understand me. That's what makes the world great; diversity.

Old 01-28-2012, 07:25 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,362,118 times
Quote:
Seriously, if you don't want to look at boats in a driveway, you might reconsider canal front property because you will be staring at a lot of boats. Just something for you to think about. The boats are different sizes and different ages and they have different color boat covers on top of them. Just take a look when you tour properties to see if it is something you want to view day in and day out.

Old 01-28-2012, 09:48 AM

Default Canal front but safe community

Again, you just don't seem to get it.

And just because a home is in an expensive neighboorhood doesn't make it any less desirable to be looking at an RV, truck, or boat out your very expensive window. A boat does not belong in a driveway. If it
is in a canal, hanging over a canal, or being stored in a canal-----that's where is supposed to be---it's a boat not a car. Trucks are commercial vehicles, even if not used for commercial purposes. I guess if you live in Montana everyone in the neighboorhood has one. We just had a friend move out of a very lovely home in Palm Springs because the neighbor acoss the street started working on his trucks in the driveway. Are you all saying that site is "nice"??????

Again, that why our cities have strict zoning for this type of stuff---evidentally, in Florida---no so much.

Old 01-28-2012, 11:40 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,020,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. J. Ogre View Post
"we have a $300,000 boat and 3 very expensive trucks----we would NEVER----bring them home and put them on our property---though we could."

Just out of curiousity?
Then where do you keep them?
If not on your property?

Really, you wouldn't want to keep your little boat in your driveway?!? Then you just won't fit in!! - joking of course!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area