Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2012, 09:17 AM

60 posts, read 138,848 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

I am trying to add a little lani for mom to sit in. Her house is in North Port at the rate I am going the lani wil cost more than the house! I was told if I have an engineer draw up the plans for an all screen lani I will not need all the footings etc. the town is calling for. (footings, rebar etc, doubled the price of concrete pad). Any recomendations for an engineer that will not cost as much or more than the footings etc. ?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 09:33 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,918,024 times
I have two general contractors who I've used on several occasions who might be able to get you going in the right direction.

Olimpiyuk LLC, Tony Olimpiyuk, 628-8752, 3890 Barbary Ln, North Port, flgeneralcontractor@yahoo.com Tony is doing some window replacements and he has to replace to beams at the front of a home I'm remolding. I was told I would need an engineer for the project but the county is accepting his drawings.

The other contractor you might want to try is Bob Tarlowski at Woodland Construction, 941-232-0626.

Old 02-09-2012, 03:42 PM

3,979 posts, read 10,547,697 times
There are some engineers that belong to the Charlotte DeSoto Building Industry you could try. If you go to the web site click on Directory and search for the Engineers/Architects.
Charlotte Desoto Building Industry Association - Member Directory of CDBIA

You could also call Absolute Aluminum or another screening place. They do lanais with roof over and without. Outdoor Kitchens, Screen Enclosures, Sunrooms - ABSOLUTE ALUMINUM Sarasota Venice

Old 02-12-2012, 01:34 PM

60 posts, read 138,848 times
Thanks all, I found a guy Scott that works with an engineer and got a decent price so we are schedule to start the Lani as soon as we get back the drawings!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area