Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2012, 12:57 PM

36 posts, read 112,088 times

Advertisements

Hi,

We are interested in a house on Aingers Creek in Englewood. Is this creek navigable ?. the house is upstream of two bridges. How hight can a boat pass under these bridges.

Thanks for your help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 01:19 PM

3,179 posts, read 5,997,474 times
If you look at a satellite map of that area, you will see only very small boats east of the bridge(s). It also looks like the water is very shallow. I'm sure a jet boat would be OK :-)

Old 02-23-2012, 02:00 PM

1,217 posts, read 2,834,299 times
We live on Aingers Creek and yes it is highly navigable. Now there are some things to watch out for and when we moved here one of our neighbors took us out the canal to Lemon Bay so we could see where the channels were. At low tide (winter is when tides run lowest) you will see sandbars even in Lemon Bay so stick to the channels.

We get a chuckle out of the weekend whoopers running full blast in from Stump Pass and taking a "shortcut". Haha, the motor grinds to a halt and they have to get out and push themselves back into the channel.

Now I just noticed that you said you have two bridges whereas we have just one. I cannot speak about the navigability from your dock to the first bridge, I guess that's the one near Farlow's, we're on the other side of that bridge. I did know a guy who lived up there and had a boat as big as ours (20'). I think you might have to watch the tides a little more. Sometimes getting off the lift can be the biggest challenge. If you have a flats boat, no problem, or a Boston Whaler with a flat bottom.

Old 02-23-2012, 02:09 PM

Here is my favorite real estate search engine. Just in case you want to look at other homes on the other side of your first bridge. Look at streets:Humboldt, Newton, Kant, Grant, and Lee. Possibly Manor Rd and Pinebay Blvd.
If you have a barking dog forget I said anything (just so my neighbors don't hate me) because none of the "For Sale" homes are next to us. :-)
http://www.myfloridahomesmls.com/Sit...29015544041451

Sorry but I cannot figure how to give a link showing just this area so you'll have to enlarge and find the area yourself. :-(

Old 02-23-2012, 03:33 PM

3,979 posts, read 10,543,047 times
Here are some links to the area:
Ainger Creek Park - http://www.charlottecountyfl.com/CommunityServices/ParkPages/aingercreek.asp
Ainger Creek Marina - http://marinas.com/view/marina/2077_Ainger_Creek_Marina_Englewood_FL_United_State s
Ainger Creek Bridge, Topographic Map - http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=26.93611&lon=-82.32917
Search for homes - http://myfloridahomesmls.com/

Old 02-25-2012, 06:43 AM

36 posts, read 112,088 times
Thanks you all for the information.

Imagardener: The house is on the North side of S Mcall rd Bridge so I have to cross Mcall and Placida rd bridges to get to Lemon Bay. We have a 17 ft Boston Whaler but it's not a really flat bottom one.

Old 02-25-2012, 06:57 AM

3,179 posts, read 5,997,474 times
You should be fine with a small 17ft whaler, as long as it doesn't have a T-top.

Old 02-25-2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukkha2 View Post
Thanks you all for the information.

Imagardener: The house is on the North side of S Mcall rd Bridge so I have to cross Mcall and Placida rd bridges to get to Lemon Bay. We have a 17 ft Boston Whaler but it's not a really flat bottom one.

The only way to know for sure is to run your boat up there on an average tide day, not low and not high. We looked at a home up a different creek and were sure glad we decided against it (I didn't like the kitchen) because that creek is REALLY shallow and a loooong way to Lemon Bay.

We also know people with boats in South Gulf Cove who can't get to Lemon Bay because they have to go through a lock to get to Charlotte Harbor. Most people there just run their boats in the canals.

Lemon Bay has some really beautiful spots so if you have a boat find the best home location with a dock so you can get your boat there with the least time and hassle factor.

Good luck. Lemon Bay is extremely unique (we found this out after we bought) because it apparently only has 1 high and 1 low tide a day unlike most of the world that has 2 per day. Don't ask me why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area