Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2012, 02:25 PM

20 posts, read 28,891 times

Advertisements

Hi I am looking for more information on this area. I am studying to become a CFI and within the next two years would like to be working full time and continuing my professional pilots degree. I am looking to relocate to FL for the weather, and the general aviation opportunities. We are a young family with a two year old, and would like a nice suburb that is within a thirty minute drive of a bigger city. I have been looking at the North Port, Bradenton, Sarasota area and would like to know if I am looking in the right direction. I would also like to hear from someone who is knowledgable about the general aviation area. Is it unreasonable to think I can find full time work as a flight instructor? In kansas there isnt much need for full time instructors, and it is mostly a hobby for the instructors that are here. I have read most of the threads about moving to the area, and am not really looking for a repeat of what has been said about each area, I know that I will have to make a trip or two down there to find out myself what I personally feel is good for us. We will be renting for a year or so before buying a home.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 11:32 AM

4,607 posts, read 7,518,878 times
Either Sarasota or Bradenton would put you within a 45 minute drive of Tampa or 30 minute or less drive to St. Pete, the largest cities in SW Florida.

I can't really help you with your questions regarding aviation related employment, but you may find someone at Dolphin Aviation that can as they have been at the Sarasota airport for a long time: Dolphin Aviation, Sarasota's Only Full Service FBO

You may also want to check into employment in the Orlando area as it is a hub for air travel in central FL, or the Tampa - St. Pete area as Tampa has TIA and St. Pete also has a smaller airport with a lot of private planes flying in and out.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:15 PM

3,979 posts, read 10,539,445 times
I would try for a teaching job at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. http://www.erau.edu/campuses/l-campuses.html
Charlotte County Public Schools in Port Charlotte has a program through Embry-Riddle at Charlotte Technical Center - http://charlottetechcenter.com/?s=embry+riddle. I don’t think they have any openings right now. But I know they were looking for an instructor for a long time.

Florida Flight Instructor Jobs – www.indeed.com
Lockheed Martin
Pelican Flight Training Center, Pembroke Pines, FL
Training Instructor, Atlas Air, Miami, FL
TRC Staffing Services, Melbourne, FL
Simulator Instructor Pilot – Delta, Orlando, FL

Old 02-27-2012, 01:51 PM

157 posts, read 389,111 times
Fort Myers is also a good airport hub, I have a friend who works out of there who used to be a blimp pilot, one of only2women in the world. She is now an instructor, and has many clients.

I also have a 2 year old, so if you need any advice feel free to PM, we live on Siesta Key

Old 03-06-2012, 04:38 PM

3,979 posts, read 10,539,445 times
Job posted on Charlotte County Public Schools Web Site:
Embry Riddle Aeronautical Instructor JOB DESCRIPTION: DO NOT APPLY ONLINE: Contact Karen Candiani, Embry-Riddle Aerospace Institute @ Charlotte County; Telephone: (941)255-7500, ext 280. Applicant would be an employee of Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU) Aerospace University. Seeking a high school dual enrollment instructor for the AY 2012-2013. Instructor with aviation experience to teach our introductory aviation and aerospace course. Candidates require a Bachelor's degree or higher.Aviation experience necessary includin but not limited to: Pilot, Airframe and Power Plant (A & P), Mechanic, Air Traffic Control (ATC), Engineer. Please send resume to Karen.Candiani@erau.edu. Call 941-255-7500, ext. 280 for more information. DO NOT APPLY ON LINE

Old 03-13-2012, 01:25 PM

20 posts, read 28,891 times
Thanks you guys for all the tips!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area