Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 09:32 PM

36 posts, read 83,918 times

Advertisements

See, you have a bunch of OLD people ARGUING. It's Sarasota.

If you are in your 20's 30's 40's, Dont Move To Sarasota. Its for old people.

I am telling you the truth. I see people posting in this forum with youthful names like FloridaGirl, BeachChick, YoungOne, and if you see behind the screen they are in their 50's and 60's. =Young for Sarasota.

The town is LAME for young people. DONT believe what they say. Go somewhere fun where people your own age are living. Cool people your age do live in Sarasota, but they are miserable. Its NOT a place for cool people. Old retired people control the town, the control the vibe, and it breeds lameness. Anyone who disagrees just does not know any better, or they are retired. They will go great lengths telling you how neato everything is in Sarasota because it IS neato for OLD people.

Go live your life amoungst an even spread of age groups. Live somewhere where there people your age. Meet people your age. In Sarasota there are people your age but they are under the retirement communities spell.

Forget all the other sayings. The best know saying about Sarasota is "People do not come to Sarasota to live, they come to Sarasota to die." Everyone knows the saying and it was made by true locals who have seen it.

Look how self centered the conversation got in this topic. Its a bunch of TRANSPLANTS and retirees arguing for themselves, sticking up for a town they know little about from the point of view of the original poster. A 30 something unmarried girl, taking advice from anonymous women online who are JEALOUS of her youth, and probably want nothing more then to see another young women struggling to find a cool guy to hang out with.

American retirees are way more dark then most people realize.

I have sawed this topic into the real pieces that hold the weight, you decide whats best for you.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:20 AM

1,642 posts, read 3,344,825 times
Oh yeah, another know it all downer shows up again with a whole lot of misinformation.

Listen, I have lived in seven different major metro areas, including NYC, DC, Baltimore, and San Francisco. I know what a thriving, active younger community looks like. I have no agenda. I am not retired. I am in my 40's and my wife is in her 30's.

Is Sarasota Manhattan? Of course not. If you want Manhattan, go live there. Sorry, I mean "go live in Brooklyn and commute into Manhattan."

As much as I hate clubs and crowds and whatnot, a simple search will show you that there are plenty of active singles under 40 in the area. Is it The Jersey Shore? Thankfully, not. If you want that, go track Snooki and The Situation down and hang with them. Just stock up on antibiotics first.

The Loft Ristobar Sarasota - YouTube

Elise Moschetti Birthday Bash Jan 2011 ( Rob Base has nothing on us ) - YouTube

Ivory Lounge Nightclub Sarasota - YouTube

Old 04-13-2012, 12:25 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,280,851 times
Sheesh, guys. Thread closed because of all the bickering back & forth.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area