Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2012, 01:34 PM

15 posts, read 31,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by downthrust View Post
well lets see what happens... if obama gets relected and all these tax rates go back up.. you all just watch what happens to unemployment... I talk to MANY large businesses that I sell to.. they all are saying the same thing... if taxes go up.. they are moving their business overseas more and more. again, tax the rich more, you lose more jobs.. easy as that..
You must talk to a really patriotic bunch. What large businesses are saying this, and what countries specifically are they saying they will move to? Do you talk to CEOs and board members who make the decisions?

Historical top tax rates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 01:38 PM

159 posts, read 346,162 times
very large manufacturing firms in a number of industries.

I don't need to talk to the CEO's.. I'm seeing it happen CURRENTLY and has been happening MUCH MORE over the past couple years.

if I could tell you how many times per month I hear "the work is now being done in our Mexico or Chinese plants".

anyhow.. back to topic.. housing...

we can debate politics and money in another thread.. I want this to be about housing in the area as mentioned..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimc View Post
You must talk to a really patriotic bunch. What large businesses are saying this, and what countries specifically are they saying they will move to? Do you talk to CEOs and board members who make the decisions?

Historical top tax rates.

Old 05-08-2012, 03:06 PM

5,662 posts, read 10,743,344 times
No offense to anyone but I think you guys and gals are getting more into the political thread realm and maybe not so much in the sarasota bradenton forum.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:48 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
No offense to anyone but I think you guys and gals are getting more into the political thread realm and maybe not so much in the sarasota bradenton forum.
I totally agree. gone way off topic.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:59 PM

82 posts, read 156,904 times
I was in the area last week looking for condos and I spent a whole afternoon with a Bradenton realtor checking out listings. I told her that I had read on-line there was about to be a lot of foreclosures and bank owned properties hit the market, she told me they keep hearing the same thing in their office but so far nothing has happened.
So what kind of new game are the banks playing? Are they just holding the properties off the market to create a shortage to drive the prices up?

Old 05-08-2012, 09:55 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,199,652 times
Downthrust, I agree, tax the offshore businesses to the hilt. Bring the money back here. I don't even want to buy Apple products anymore.

Back to housing... If you Zillow various zipcodes you will see pages of foreclosures. It appears there are more foreclosures and short-sales than straight sales. I noticed this in the past month.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:26 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimc View Post
This is the standard Rove/Republican mantra, but with the exception of a very few years tax rates on the wealthy are lower now than they've ever been. It's one of the great mysteries of life that people swallow this corporate backed "high tax" argument hook line and sinker.
About 15 years ago, Canadian taxes where significantly higher then in the States. That situation is now reversed.

Guess where the investment dollars, and the jobs that follow, are growing?

This Canadian wants to see the U.S. get back to where it was a world leader in economic terms. You are our biggest customer, although our companies are losing faith in you. China is our second biggest right now. We can't have all our eggs in one basket; your lack of fiscal discipline at the federal level will be your demise. Please, please, do something.

Eliminate your deficit, and start paying down your debt. Get your banking regulations up to speed and do something about your crazy expensive healthcare system that has worse results then we do (we live longer).

We want our friends to succeed, but you have to help yourself.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:30 AM

159 posts, read 346,162 times
I agree.. I deal with some Canadian customers.. They think the usa is becoming another Europe.

what I don't understand however is why are the Canadians buying up real estate in the usa? Especially this area of nokomis beach/sarasota? The realtors tell me that most their sales are to Canadian investors as short sales or REOs.

If the Canadians are losing faith in the usa..why invest in real estate here? (the vacation house idea for their own personal use notwithstanding)

Old 05-09-2012, 06:31 AM

5,662 posts, read 10,743,344 times
For anyone who is interested in reading an analysis of shadow inventory in Florida, you might want to read this: http://www.floridarealtors.org/Resea...-Florida-2.pdf

Another article worth reading is: Home buying may never get any cheaper - May. 3, 2012

Old 05-09-2012, 07:44 AM

1,580 posts, read 3,142,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downthrust View Post
I agree.. I deal with some Canadian customers.. They think the usa is becoming another Europe.

what I don't understand however is why are the Canadians buying up real estate in the usa? Especially this area of nokomis beach/sarasota? The realtors tell me that most their sales are to Canadian investors as short sales or REOs.

If the Canadians are losing faith in the usa..why invest in real estate here? (the vacation house idea for their own personal use notwithstanding)
may be that they have faith in us as a country to do the right thing and go back to the old values that made the country great. they are taking advantage of an exchange rate that benefits them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area