Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2007, 06:05 PM

4 posts, read 41,353 times

Advertisements

I am noticing more and more job opportunties in the Sarasota area but seems to be a 100 mile round trip from my area (Riverview). What is your opinion/experience with commute times, traffic and gas costs for such a route and is it worth it for a decent (not great) job?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2007, 08:25 AM

8 posts, read 38,220 times
I've commuted from Bradenton to Riverview/Brandon in the morning some. It's not Sarasota, but is close. The drive hasn't bad at all in either direction, not heavy traffic usually. Though not always in the morning, I do the drive regulary & the gas is really killing me. On a tight budget, I'm not sure it would be worth it long term if you can help it.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:32 AM

180 posts, read 805,642 times
I live in Ruskin and used to drive to work in Sarasota. I live at the same location but now work near downtown Tampa. The distance of driving in both location was the same but I the traffic is much worse driving to Tampa. I would pick driving to Sarasota vs. Tampa any day of the week.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:08 AM

25 posts, read 24,254 times
Default np problem really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexfx View Post
I am noticing more and more job opportunties in the Sarasota area but seems to be a 100 mile round trip from my area (Riverview). What is your opinion/experience with commute times, traffic and gas costs for such a route and is it worth it for a decent (not great) job?

Thanks in advance!

In fact you're going against the traffic...easy drive straight down I75 ...leave early enough and just buy a good radar/laser detector, FHP like to work just south of Brandon and near the junction at 275 south and northbound, but if you leave well before 7, most of the FHPers that work out of Troop F (on S R 70 at Peridia/Natalie RD) are shift changing, and they aren't interested in stopping a bunch of people commuting.

Hammer down you can make it in 35 min

Old 10-22-2007, 09:23 AM

3,928 posts, read 11,600,605 times
Default Here's something...

Hey Flex,

Not sure this will help that much, but I drove from Gibsonton to Ellenton on Saturday morning around 10am and it took less than 20 minutes. I stayed in the right lane because vehicles were passing me like I wasn't moving, even though I had the cruise control set just above the speed limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexfx View Post

Thanks in advance!

Old 10-22-2007, 10:04 AM

74 posts, read 375,361 times
Yep, its a long drive but its an easy drive. A lot depends where exactly in Sarasota your office might be. If you get one just off the 75, its not bad - it might be far, but you don't get that ragey feeling like you do when stuck in traffic!!

Old 10-22-2007, 01:54 PM

4 posts, read 41,353 times
Thank you for all the posts! Every informative and helpful. Much appreciated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area