U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 05:51 PM

81 posts, read 51,293 times

Advertisements

Hoping to make the move soon ourselves but homes in my neighborhood are not selling well and are taking a beating pricewise. I need at least what I owe on it plus moving expenses. Let us know how the move with the cats goes. We have two ourselves that have never traveled and I'm sure we'll need meds for them and us as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 07:03 PM

76 posts, read 66,765 times
Congratulations on your move and have a safe trip. I will be traveling to Florida with my cat later this year and I was wondering what meds you are giving your cats for the trip.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:04 PM

3,148 posts, read 2,408,419 times
Congrats to you and Randy! The cats will do fine!

Old 04-25-2012, 09:30 PM

175 posts, read 161,265 times
Congrats on the move! I just moved 11 hours with 4 cats! I didn't use meds, the first 30 minutes the cats were not happy ... hissing, meowing, etc. Then I cranked on the A/C to 65* and turned up the music really loud. The last 10.5 hours the cats settled in and slept. I had portable litter boxes in each of their cages but none of the cats used them.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:19 AM

2,677 posts, read 3,038,426 times
good luck to you and Randy, I am sure you will love it here....maybe we wil get to some of those very nice cars !!!!

Old 04-26-2012, 09:03 AM

126 posts, read 101,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leetchy2 View Post
Congrats on the move! I just moved 11 hours with 4 cats! I didn't use meds, the first 30 minutes the cats were not happy ... hissing, meowing, etc. Then I cranked on the A/C to 65* and turned up the music really loud. The last 10.5 hours the cats settled in and slept. I had portable litter boxes in each of their cages but none of the cats used them.
I am moving in a few months driving from MI to FL with two cats (two dogs and two kids) and wondered how the heck I was going to do it with the cats! I debated on stopping in a 'pet friendly' hotel but thought maybe I would just drive 20 hours and get it over with.

My cats will be in carriers so did you just put the litter box in the carrier and they sat in it the whole ride? I thought about putting a rubbermaid container in their carrier with those wee wee pads (for puppy training) incase they had to go. A couple people told me their cats didn't go at all until they arrived at the new house and my cats HATE the car so this should be an adventure....

Old 04-26-2012, 11:23 AM

2,485 posts, read 2,470,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacmama View Post
I am moving in a few months driving from MI to FL with two cats (two dogs and two kids) and wondered how the heck I was going to do it with the cats! I debated on stopping in a 'pet friendly' hotel but thought maybe I would just drive 20 hours and get it over with.

My cats will be in carriers so did you just put the litter box in the carrier and they sat in it the whole ride? I thought about putting a rubbermaid container in their carrier with those wee wee pads (for puppy training) incase they had to go. A couple people told me their cats didn't go at all until they arrived at the new house and my cats HATE the car so this should be an adventure....
We moved to SC last year (between 11 and 12 hours on the road), and the cats wouldn't eat, drink, or use the litter the entire trip. For the most part they each just hunkered down in their crates and made some occasional noise. We didn't sedate them (our vet suggested against it).

Old 04-26-2012, 07:12 PM

93 posts, read 172,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue in Ohio View Post
After over two years of planning with some set backs along the way, our moving day is here! Movers packed up our house today and will finish loading tomorrow. Randy and I are leaving Thursday; driving straight through (17 hrs) to our brand new home in Parrish! Only have a few days to settle in before starting my new job on May 9. We are so excited!

The only thing that would make it perfect would be if our house here in Toledo was sold. Hate to leave it vacant but need to start my new job.

Dreading the drive with our two cats but we'll see how the meds work. lol!

Can't believe this is really happening after thinking about it for so long!
Sue,

So happy for you!!!!!! Enjoy it, and may you be very happy in your new home

Old 04-27-2012, 05:58 AM

482 posts, read 577,630 times
Oh, WOW........how exciting!! We can't wait for the day when WE can post the same kind of note. Hope your trip was a safe and uneventful (kitties) one, and.......so happy for you that your dreams have come true! Enjoy that gorgeous new place of yours.....we've enjoyed all those wonderful pix!

Old 04-27-2012, 06:00 AM

482 posts, read 577,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surferguy View Post
We're moving on Friday, so excited!
Congrats to YOU too, surfer! Where are you coming FROM......do you have to travel far like Sue and Randy? Best of luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area