U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 07:42 AM

5,689 posts, read 8,050,039 times
The folding chairs by the pool remind us of when we first moved in - that was all the furniture we had. The first day we bought a TV, and the box it came is was our coffee table, dining room table and living room table until we finally got some furniture and it was delivered. We didn't even have a bed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2012, 08:49 PM

98 posts, read 195,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen and Jim View Post
Congrats to YOU too, surfer! Where are you coming FROM......do you have to travel far like Sue and Randy? Best of luck!
from phoenix to siesta key! hanging in Oklahoma for a week visiting family, can't wait to get back on the road!

Old 04-30-2012, 09:09 PM

26 posts, read 25,889 times
PC probably won't boot up after the move

Old 05-01-2012, 05:04 AM

480 posts, read 551,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
The folding chairs by the pool remind us of when we first moved in - that was all the furniture we had. The first day we bought a TV, and the box it came is was our coffee table, dining room table and living room table until we finally got some furniture and it was delivered. We didn't even have a bed!
Sounds WONDERFUL to US!!!

Old 05-01-2012, 05:57 AM

33 posts, read 64,699 times
Karen and Jim

Congrats on your move. I'm about a year away from mine.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:58 AM

956 posts, read 963,217 times
Congrats on your move. Looking forward to following more of your story. Please keep the updates coming!

Old 05-01-2012, 06:40 PM

158 posts, read 168,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saralvr View Post
Jobs seem to be so hard to come by. Is yours in the health field? Mine is and I always peruse the online ads and I feel I'd have a decent chance of finding something in my field, although the pay would be at least half of what I make up north. I am interested, if you don't mind, in what field you got your job.
I am an audiologist and there happened to be positions available at two private practices in Sarasota when I started looking in early April. I was actually hoping to have a few weeks off after the move to settle in and enjoy my new home, but they needed me as soon as possible so I am starting next Wed, May 9. But that's ok, I was relieved to find a job so quickly.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:56 PM

158 posts, read 168,099 times
Well, we have been unpacking since Sat afternoon since the movers left and...OMG...every muscle aches, especially from standing on tile floor all day! We are exhausted and still so many boxes to go. And I got rid of so much stuff before we left! The cats LOVE going out on the lanai and exploring; I am happy that they can be "outside" now!

Question for you all: are there recycling places where we can take the mountains of cardboard boxes (Randy is flattening them) and the packing paper that the movers used (I have never seen so much paper in my life...lol)? Back home, Kroger grocery store had recycling bins in their parking lots and our township hall did as well. I went online and did not seem to find anything around here.

Thanks again for all of your support and kind comments!

Old 05-02-2012, 02:58 AM

1,645 posts, read 1,709,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue in Ohio View Post
Well, we have been unpacking since Sat afternoon since the movers left and...OMG...every muscle aches, especially from standing on tile floor all day! We are exhausted and still so many boxes to go. And I got rid of so much stuff before we left! The cats LOVE going out on the lanai and exploring; I am happy that they can be "outside" now!

Question for you all: are there recycling places where we can take the mountains of cardboard boxes (Randy is flattening them) and the packing paper that the movers used (I have never seen so much paper in my life...lol)? Back home, Kroger grocery store had recycling bins in their parking lots and our township hall did as well. I went online and did not seem to find anything around here.

Thanks again for all of your support and kind comments!
If they're flattened, that's the biggest part of the work. Bind them with twine or rope and leave them out with your recycling. Truth is, they'll probably take them even if you don't ind them, but you're supposed to do so.

Welcome home.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:50 AM

275 posts, read 347,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
This is great.

Now allow yourselves to decompress at least a little, then get to enjoying your new home.

And try to avoid the inevitable letdown that comes from such high expectations. I hear an awful lot of people have this problem when moving here. I imagine that could be magnified by moving right before summer slams into us.

Just let yourselves settle in. I hope you love it here as much as some of us.

Congratulations.
I had anticipated something like that too, but now, two (2) weeks in, we're still quite happy about being here. I look forward to waking up every morning (and seeing that the sun's coming out__getting up way too early...). We're still unpacking, but yesterday More Space installed the organizers in the two (2) master bedroom closets, so we can finally hang up some clothes, and rid the room of nine (9) hanging garment boxes.

I'm making progress getting my garage unpacked, and the new lift has been in for a week now. With that said, let's see how long this post stays up, before I waste any time continuing...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area