U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-19-2012, 01:54 AM

5 posts, read 8,408 times

Advertisements

Just moved to Lakewood Ranch last month. I know LWR has many doctors of all sorts but can anyone recommend names for a good dentist and a good general practice physician? Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2012, 08:18 AM

159 posts, read 178,382 times
My husband went to a dentist in LWR this week for a second opinion and was very satisfied with her: Allison O'Brien (941-373-3904). She was thorough and straight-up unlike the dentist he went to a week earlier who was very aggressive in recommending all kinds of procedures.

It's only been three weeks since we moved here so we are looking for a primary care physician, also. Hoping to get some recommendations for the LWR area or north of there in east Manatee.

Old 05-20-2012, 07:12 AM

219 posts, read 301,793 times
Default physician

dr michael bentze or his wife nicole lakewood ranch medical center

Old 05-21-2012, 09:13 AM

150 posts, read 163,286 times
Our entire family goes to Creekwood Dental and we are very satisified with everyone there. They are on 70, just west of Lowes. Bradenton Dentist - Creekwood Dental - Bradenton, FL

Old 06-07-2012, 11:43 AM

1,939 posts, read 3,997,357 times
Dr Wayne Faulkner in LWR is very good. He is conservative and reasonably priced.. He is located off University Pkway

Old 06-07-2012, 12:01 PM

13 posts, read 3,369 times
Watch out for overly aggressive dentists in town - and get second opinions - I hate to say it but some of these "dentists" don't have the same standards in patient care as MD's - many of their treatment plans are far too "aggressive" (read EXPENSIVE) from kids braces to pushing "implants" instead of saving teeth !

Many of these "dentists" have multiple locations in SW FL and essentially are running "dental mills" and thus making huge profits because they know you don't know which treatment plan makes them the most money !

Be careful

Old 06-14-2012, 08:22 AM

1,939 posts, read 3,997,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbieMD View Post
Watch out for overly aggressive dentists in town - and get second opinions - I hate to say it but some of these "dentists" don't have the same standards in patient care as MD's - many of their treatment plans are far too "aggressive" (read EXPENSIVE) from kids braces to pushing "implants" instead of saving teeth !

Many of these "dentists" have multiple locations in SW FL and essentially are running "dental mills" and thus making huge profits because they know you don't know which treatment plan makes them the most money !

Be careful

I could NOT AGREE more with this statement!! We have been here 6 years and have been to so many different dentists. They were all so aggressive, wouldn't take no for an answer and weren't pocketbook friendly. My sister who is also local, has had the same problem with her family. A few of them wouldn't even accept recent X-rays from other practices, I'm talking like just a month ago. They pushed her into doing more with "their" equipment or something ridiculous.

She went to Dr Faulkner in LWR and loved him. She felt very comfortable with him, and his prices were right. I wonder if the dentists are just hurting..

Old 08-29-2012, 11:53 AM

1 posts, read 969 times
I would not go to Wayne Faulkner DDS, in Bradenton. His office staff is terrible and not ethic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area