Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 11:04 AM

8,244 posts, read 4,666,091 times

Advertisements

The following is a restaurant delivery service for the Sarasota area:

Ashley's Food Delivery - Home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2012, 01:17 PM

I understand that the "Food With Care" service delivers meals throughout all of Florida. This is another service that could be good for seniors. The meals are delivered frozen and then heated in the microwave:

Food With Care

Old 12-18-2012, 01:25 PM

A list of restaurants that deliver in the Sarasota area. Currently there are 71 restaurants on the list:

Sarasota Delivery Restaurants | Urbanspoon

Old 12-18-2012, 04:14 PM

509 posts, read 907,304 times
Has anyone here used the Ashley website above? I've tried and it tells me there's nothing for my area, but I don't get that, I live near lots of shops & restaurants, & businesses.

Old 12-18-2012, 04:50 PM

The "Meals On Wheels Association Of America" has a web site about their senior nutrition programs. You can enter your zip code on their site to find out about locations and services in your area. I noticed they had service areas and contact information listed for Venice, Englewood, North Port, Sarasota and Bradenton:

Find a Meal - Locate a Local Program - Meals On Wheels Association of America

From their web site:

"The Meals On Wheels Association of America is the oldest and largest national organization composed of and representing local, community-based Senior Nutrition Programs in all 50 U.S. states, as well as the U.S. Territories. These local programs are our MOWAA Members.

All told, there are some 5,000 local Senior Nutrition Programs in the United States. These programs provide well over one million meals to seniors who need them each day. Some programs serve meals at congregate locations like senior centers, some programs deliver meals directly to the homes of seniors whose mobility is limited, and many programs provide both services."

Old 12-18-2012, 08:33 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,107,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wondermint2 View Post
The following is a restaurant delivery service for the Sarasota area:

Ashley's Food Delivery - Home
I'm really spoiled. I live within spitting distance of Gulf Gate. Lots of fantastic restaurants and they mostly will deliver food to me

Old 12-19-2012, 07:13 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,373,994 times
Gowaiter.com has a LOT of restaurants that will deliver to your home. You can order on line and delivery is $3.99. I've never used them but happen to have their little brochure right here.

Old 12-19-2012, 12:43 PM

Walmart has a new food sampling subscription service called "Goodies":

Wal-Mart's New Subscription Food Service - Business Insider (click for full article)

Nov. 14th, 2012

"NEW YORK (AP)—Wal-Mart Stores Inc. on Wednesday will officially launch a mail subscription service, called Goodies, that lets shoppers discover new foods from the comfort of their homes.

For a monthly fee of $7 that includes tax and shipping, customers get a box of five to eight hand-picked, sample-size food items, ranging from organic to ethnic products that are not currently carried on Wal-Mart's shelves.

The world's largest retailer began testing the service three months ago and so far has 3,000 subscribers. For November items include pumpkin souffle mix, white cheddar popcorn and dark chocolate-infused Quinoa bars."

--------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the link to the Goodies web site where you can sign-up for an invitation. The program is still in beta.

https://www.goodies.co/

Last edited by wondermint2; 12-19-2012 at 01:12 PM..

Old 12-20-2012, 12:26 AM

5,589 posts, read 8,405,261 times
Up here (PA/NJ), our supermarkets used to have on-line ordering and delivery for a $10 charge. A friend of mine had cancer and didn't have the energy to grocery-shop, so the service was invaluable for her. When my elderly mother in FL started having mobility issues, I assumed FL supermarkets would all offer this service, which I figured would be quite popular with the "seniors". Turns out, no. Doesn't seem any supermarkets down there offer the service and, what's more, the supermarkets up here stopped doing it as well. (You can on-line shop but you've got to pick it up yourself.) I don't get it.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:11 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
Up here (PA/NJ), our supermarkets used to have on-line ordering and delivery for a $10 charge. A friend of mine had cancer and didn't have the energy to grocery-shop, so the service was invaluable for her. When my elderly mother in FL started having mobility issues, I assumed FL supermarkets would all offer this service, which I figured would be quite popular with the "seniors". Turns out, no. Doesn't seem any supermarkets down there offer the service and, what's more, the supermarkets up here stopped doing it as well. (You can on-line shop but you've got to pick it up yourself.) I don't get it.
Publix tried it for a time but quit. I guess not enough people were interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area