Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2013, 04:50 PM

4 posts, read 11,591 times

Advertisements

We are relocating from the Midwest and really like LWR, and we are pretty set on that as a location. What are your recommendations on Central Park vs Esplanade vs Greenbrook vs Country Club East etc? We are just trying to get a feel for the differences in the neighborhoods, while trying to determine what could be the best fit. I recognize there are differences in the HOA and CDD. We have a young family with pre-school age children. Thanks in advance for any and all input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 08:56 PM

5,663 posts, read 10,668,953 times
With a young family, if it was me, I'd go Central Park or Greenbrook before the others. Thats not to say that there aren't young families all over LWR but I think it is fair to say that these two communities will offer more to young families than the others. Central Park is gated but Greenbrook is not, btw. Are there specific things that you are looking for in a location?

Old 03-26-2013, 09:38 AM

4 posts, read 11,591 times
Thanks for the input BB..

What do you mean more to offer? Just curious.

We are really looking for an area that has young families with other children, and a safe environment. We really like LWR area and all of the things that are going on within it, i.e. music on main etc etc. Central Park seems pretty promising..

I appreciate any and all feedback.

Old 03-26-2013, 11:46 AM

4,562 posts, read 7,426,428 times
Esplanade's builder markets the community as an "active lifestyle village" with a Lifestyle Director for planned activities, events and groups such as bunko, cards, beading, books, along with fitness and wellness programs. The clubhouse features a fitness & aerobics center, grand ballroom and billiards room. They will have an event lawn and a dog park, but no playgrounds.

Central Park has a large community park that includes a playground, splash park and basketball and tennis courts, along with picnic tables and dog parks. They also hold events from time to time that family friendly and always include activities for small children. By the way, Central Park is one of the few Lakewood Ranch communities that does not restrict owners to 2 dogs per household.

Greenbrook Village does not have amenities like Esplanade or Central Park, but there is a nice community park with playground and sports fields.

Country Club East is a golfing community with several neighborhoods at various price points, you will find community pools & clubhouse but you won't find playgrounds or basketball courts, baseball fields there.

I would suggest looking at another nearby communities that might also appeal to your family, Greyhawk Landings on SR64. It is a gated community with a large, lagoon-style pool with play activities for children, a playground, clubhouse and a number of sports fields such as baseball & soccer and miles of walking trails. There are both new construction and resale homes in Greyhawk Landings. Although it is not part of Lakewood Ranch, you can still take advantage of many of the LWR events such as Music on Main as they are open to the public. I personally live a few miles from LWR but we often go there for coffee at Starbucks on Main, shop various stores and take in a number of the special events that are held throughout the year.

By the way, there's also a great YMCA located in Lakewood Ranch that offers a variety of programs and classes for family members of all ages.

Old 03-28-2013, 05:44 AM

1 posts, read 3,673 times
Any advice on builders in LWR? I've researched and some seem real good while others have less than stellar reputations. Any suggestions from Neal, Cardel, Lee Wetherington etc etc?

Old 03-28-2013, 04:42 PM

IAWI, Sunshine pretty much spelled out what I was thinking. I think CP and Greenbrook probably skew younger in demographics plus they both have elementary schools right there. The schools tend to attract families all by themselves but then you add the parks, the price ranges, the proximity to shopping and restaurants, the athletic fields, the YMCA (in the case of CP)....it just adds up that way. I know people in Country Club with young kids so this is not an absolute by any means, just an observation.

Old 03-28-2013, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NNBandage View Post
Any advice on builders in LWR? I've researched and some seem real good while others have less than stellar reputations. Any suggestions from Neal, Cardel, Lee Wetherington etc etc?
I don't care who the builder is, you will find positives and negatives with every one of them. The best approach is to develop a good relationship with the construction supervisor without being a PITA. Get everything in writing and take the list of everything you ordered and go thru each line to be sure you get what you paid for. They are all pretty good but they all make mistakes. What makes them good is not the lack of mistakes but the way they correct the mistakes when you discover them. It's best to keep your eyes open and look over their shoulder to be sure things are done as you wanted.

If you are an absentee buyer, having an agent to check things for you, send photos, etc. is a very helpful thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area