Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2013, 12:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,686 times

Advertisements

Hi,
We'd like to add a screen cage w concrete base
to our existing lanai and thought we should at
least consider pricing out a small pool as well.
Any suggestions? Co to keep away from?
Good, nice to work with co's..??
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2013, 04:35 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,373,509 times
We used superior pools, were very happy with our choice. They were easy to work with and completed the job In Less time than quoted. We highly recommend them.

Old 06-08-2013, 03:16 AM

180 posts, read 262,594 times
If you use Citizens Ins I urge you to call your agent before you build.

Link......

Citizens Insurance customers lose coverage for pool cages and lanais

Old 06-08-2013, 07:22 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,373,509 times
We have ASI and our pool cage is covered. Aluminum only, screen is not covered.

Old 06-09-2013, 07:18 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
We used Gulf Coast Aluminum to take out the bottom rail on the pool cage prior to paver project on lanai and replace all screws with NyLock vinyl ones and replace the bottom sections of screen with Super Screen...
They seems like they would do good job--good communication on phone and email and good feedback from past clients I called....but they really did an abysmal job...

once we signed the contract and gave deposit there was poor communication, horrible quality control, and bad follow up...
They came out to our house probably 6 different times---and on at least 4 occassions they were supposed to "finish" the job...didn't happen...either they were inept at doing the work or at estimating how much work needed to be done...
I would never have through after the positive recommendations received their work would be so sloppy/destructive
The first two guys who came out (without notice) to remove the bottom rail and change the screws probably dropped at least 50 old screws fall into the pool when they were changing out for NyLocks...not to mention ones on the lanai surface...left the old bottom screen sections lying in the yard...
and while there was some good work done, lot of the better work was to undo poor work...

I am kind of concerned some of the screws were not replaced with NyLocks but just had new caps put on them--
no way to tell unless I undo all the caps and unscrew so that isn't happening...

We have Citizens but also have supplemental policy that covers the pool cage...

Old 06-10-2013, 07:51 PM

180 posts, read 262,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
We used Gulf Coast Aluminum to take out the bottom rail on the pool cage prior to paver project on lanai and replace all screws with NyLock vinyl ones and replace the bottom sections of screen with Super Screen...
They seems like they would do good job--good communication on phone and email and good feedback from past clients I called....but they really did an abysmal job...

once we signed the contract and gave deposit there was poor communication, horrible quality control, and bad follow up...
They came out to our house probably 6 different times---and on at least 4 occassions they were supposed to "finish" the job...didn't happen...either they were inept at doing the work or at estimating how much work needed to be done...
I would never have through after the positive recommendations received their work would be so sloppy/destructive
The first two guys who came out (without notice) to remove the bottom rail and change the screws probably dropped at least 50 old screws fall into the pool when they were changing out for NyLocks...not to mention ones on the lanai surface...left the old bottom screen sections lying in the yard...
and while there was some good work done, lot of the better work was to undo poor work...

I am kind of concerned some of the screws were not replaced with NyLocks but just had new caps put on them--
no way to tell unless I undo all the caps and unscrew so that isn't happening...

We have Citizens but also have supplemental policy that covers the pool cage...
Who do you have your supplemental policy through? According to the link Citizens won't even allow someone to pay extra for the coverage....

Quote:
Citizens Insurance won't even allow customers to pay extra to insure
pool cages which can cost between $5,000 and $50,000 dollars.

Read more: Citizens Insurance customers lose coverage for pool cages and lanais

Old 06-13-2013, 11:53 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
The insurance company we used was Key in Englewood
right now I am not sure who the underwriter for the secondary insurance is
and when I read that story you linked it is about Citizens not letting customers buy supplemental insurance coverage from THEM--
not from a different homeowners insurance company

the company that we get the fire/theft coverage from is the one we buy the supplemental policy from and it covers the pool cage -- at least that is what I remember
we paid the policy for the second years coverage but havent received the actual policy yet...
and for what it's worth--we also took out flood insurance through FEMA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area