Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 06:26 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,105,575 times

Advertisements

Well it looks like my time in Sarasota is almost up! My husband took a position with another restaurant group that will take us to Fort Lauderdale!

I have really, truly loved Sarasota and this is what I will take with me:

The most gorgeous beaches I've ever seen. I've been to almost all the Caribbean islands and plenty of deserted ones. Siesta Key Beach is by far the most gorgeous beach I've ever experienced.

The great neighborhoods! Siesta Key, Casey Key, Southside Village, downtown, Lido, Longboat Key, St. Armands, Gulf Gate, the list just goes on and on.

The Culture. Wow but what do you say about such a small town that has such amazing arts? Towns ten times this size don't have as much to offer.

The Weather. Holy cow is the winter weather amazing! I'll also say this, being from South Carolina, I know hot, humid, and sticky summers. The summers here are much more comfortable.

Fantastic Dining. So many outstanding restaurants! Ceviche, Columbia, The Bankok House, Café L'Europa, just too many to name. Gulf Gate is a wonderful melting pot of all kinds of restaurants. That reuben from Rocky at Devil Dogs might be the best one on the planet. Tons of great dining.

I will always hold a special place in my heart for this city. I will miss you Sarasota!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2013, 06:30 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times
Ft Lauderdale is most awesome. It's more crowded, but the entire S Florida area has lots to offer. Good restaurants, lots of big city "things to do" in all of S Florida.

Enjoy your move. You will love the Ft Lauderdale area also.

There is an excellent restaurant in Ft Lauderdale called Sunfish Grill.
http://sunfishgrill.com/

Old 08-10-2013, 06:32 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,182,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Well it looks like my time in Sarasota is almost up! My husband took a position with another restaurant group that will take us to Fort Lauderdale!

I have really, truly loved Sarasota and this is what I will take with me:

The most gorgeous beaches I've ever seen. I've been to almost all the Caribbean islands and plenty of deserted ones. Siesta Key Beach is by far the most gorgeous beach I've ever experienced.

The great neighborhoods! Siesta Key, Casey Key, Southside Village, downtown, Lido, Longboat Key, St. Armands, Gulf Gate, the list just goes on and on.

The Culture. Wow but what do you say about such a small town that has such amazing arts? Towns ten times this size don't have as much to offer.

The Weather. Holy cow is the winter weather amazing! I'll also say this, being from South Carolina, I know hot, humid, and sticky summers. The summers here are much more comfortable.

Fantastic Dining. So many outstanding restaurants! Ceviche, Columbia, The Bankok House, Café L'Europa, just too many to name. Gulf Gate is a wonderful melting pot of all kinds of restaurants. That reuben from Rocky at Devil Dogs might be the best one on the planet. Tons of great dining.

I will always hold a special place in my heart for this city. I will miss you Sarasota!
What a lovely post! You will miss Sarasota very much, Ft. Lauderdale is a whole different proposition. Best wishes for you in your new location. Something tells me you'll be back soon!

Old 08-10-2013, 07:51 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,679,007 times
All the best & have fun on your new adventure!!

Old 08-11-2013, 08:42 AM

3,979 posts, read 10,548,914 times
You can always come back to visit and always still share your experiences in the Sarasota forum. Best of luck to you and your husband.

Old 08-11-2013, 09:50 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Awww, we'll miss you here, blueherons, but I'm sure you will enjoy your new adventure.

Come back any time!

Old 08-11-2013, 10:14 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,935,547 times
Wish you all the best of luck on your new adventures. Don't forget about us here on the Sarasota board now....

Old 08-11-2013, 10:15 AM

82 posts, read 156,893 times
Good luck on your new adventure blueherons, I have always enjoyed reading your posts!

Old 08-11-2013, 07:19 PM

697 posts, read 1,169,866 times
Good luck!..you can keep us posted here!

Old 08-11-2013, 07:25 PM

4,790 posts, read 10,610,355 times
blueherons,
Wishing you good luck and good life in Ft Laud...

I have enjoyed your posts here and on other boards on C-D.
Wish you, your hub and your Fam, good health and good lives.
Best Regards, mD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area