Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 01:50 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,693,411 times

Advertisements

dude, you're gonna be bored to tears, trust and believe that.
The average age of someone living in Sarasota is 50--- there's no young, innovative energy. There's not much in the way of hotspots that young ppl hang out at.

U were enamored with sarasota because it does have a nice downtown, u liked the hot steamy days and the palm trees, the beaches were goregous, trust me, I know...... but after a year or two of that you'll be scraping tooth and nail to leave. It's a total boresville and super like....old republicans everwhere. It's not all that diverse either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2013, 07:14 PM

192 posts, read 470,956 times
Sarasota is a very beautiful place BUT the energy is very low. This is great for relaxing but not for progressing. Take advantage of your age and energy somewhere else and then spend vacation time here. I'm 47 and will probably depart Sarasota for a while until I'm ready to slow down.

Old 08-20-2013, 06:55 PM

597 posts, read 1,443,351 times
Siesta Key area has lots of young people. Beach town with lots to do. If you like clubbing, forget it. But Siesta Key is a cool town for young people.

The IRS had one of their audit offices in Sarasota but you could also work for one of the big company's here in Sarasota. Look into Benderson. They are a huge developer here and I am willing to bet they have a large accounting dept.

St. Pete's has a lot of crime so make sure if you are going up there, watch where you decide to live.

I still vote for Sarasota. I have friends who are in their 20's and they love it. They are all professionals but they are weekend beach bums

BTW, we pay no city or state taxes so you will save more down here for sure.

Old 08-21-2013, 07:25 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Tampa will be your best bet, believe me. We live on the north end of Sarasota, but my husband drives to downtown Tampa every day for his excellent job. We love living here, so he doesn't mind the drive. Sarasota is not a job mecca, it is vacation and retirement oriented. Tampa is the business center of the area.

Good luck to you!

Old 08-22-2013, 07:45 AM

49 posts, read 65,276 times
Thank you everyone! It seems like Tampa is the answer. My parents will most likely move down to Sarasota a few years after I make the move so I will definitely be going there from time to time.

Thanks again!

Old 08-23-2013, 09:50 AM

3 posts, read 2,846 times
Default sarasota

I moved to sarasota when I was 24 without a career failed out of college. Seems like you have your stuff together. I think you will love sarasota. There is a baptist church right downtown and many more around the area. There is a lot of money around the town so I am sure you will have no problem finding a job. The only thing I would see as a negative for you being from a place like boston is everything closes by 10pm. The city shuts down and is pretty quiet at night but you always have siesta key which is 10 15 minutes away from downtown sarasota plus some clubs and what not, but it took me a while to find some friends but I have met some awsome people my age and younger that will be friends for life. I had no problem finding a job with no degree which led me to an opportunity to move to housten which is why i am on this website. I thought I'd check out the sarasota page to help someone since I am trying to get help myself about a different state. So if you're looking for a beautiful place to live and don't mind the heat which I promise you will get used to.. Im from chicago and i hated the heat at first but now i am so sensitive to cold i had to leave the bowling alley because the ac was too high lol. Sarasota is an awsome place to live work and have fun. If you have anymore questions hit me up through email. stimpy9i9@gmail.com .
-Andrew
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area