Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 11:00 AM

122 posts, read 323,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beninfl View Post
As long as you dont want fries or a drink! (and dont mind waiting 15 minutes in their drivethrus, I always hated that )

So today for lunch I ate @ Freddy's Burgers on SR-70 by I-75 in front of Lowes. D E L I C I O U S! $8 for a full combo.
You get fries. Cheese is extra though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 12:06 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,105,720 times
I think the original poster was asking for places to hang out that were for the under 40 club and were not expensive. This thread has turned into a cheap eats thread.

Old 11-06-2013, 12:52 PM

1,713 posts, read 2,347,955 times
I hang out at Arbys!

Go North on I-75 till you hit the Ellenton Outlet Mall exit. Just before it on the right is a bar, I cant recall the name, its a younger crowd and drinks are reasonable. Its right on the river. White building. Primarily outdoors. They have great bands too.

Old 11-06-2013, 12:54 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,183,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixiStix View Post
Let me just say- yes, there are many wealthy people in this town. There are even more trying desperately to look wealthy. They are often the ones who come off as acting they better than everyone else. I've seen it a lot & say to myself what an exhausting & disappointing life they must lead....

PS. if someone CAN afford an over $10 meal, please don't assume that makes them "wealthy & snobby" either.

You can find good people in this town just about anywhere. Whether they have 10 dollars or 10 million dollars shouldn't matter if they treat you well. We have friends in all ranges of the spectrum because really, we don't give a rat's a$$ what is in their bank acct. We care more about what beer they have in the fridge
^^^^^THIS! Spot-ON! I worked briefly on a project in the LWR area and lemme tellya, I ran into some incredible posers without a pot to pee in or a window to throw it out of. And the reason they didn't have a window to throw it out of, was that their homes were in foreclosure. But they're living in LWR, by golly! And that makes them better than you.

I don't know why it is, but that's where I found the biggest concentration of posers.

Old 11-06-2013, 03:22 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
^^^^^THIS! Spot-ON! I worked briefly on a project in the LWR area and lemme tellya, I ran into some incredible posers without a pot to pee in or a window to throw it out of. And the reason they didn't have a window to throw it out of, was that their homes were in foreclosure. But they're living in LWR, by golly! And that makes them better than you.

I don't know why it is, but that's where I found the biggest concentration of posers.
Interesting that you say this, because I shop in all kinds of stores all over town, and I find the greatest number of "posers" and overall rude people with attitudes up in the stores around University Parkway. Of course not EVERYONE is like that, but I especially see them in that Publix up there (I won't go there anymore, WAY too many rude encounters! ) and also at the Fresh Market (I only rarely go there anymore).

And I too agree with PixiStix post (as I usually do it's not about the amount of money, it's about how people treat you and their attidude.

Cardiff made a great suggestion about the Coffee Loft, I love that little place, a real coffee house, plus their profits go to a good cause.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:04 PM

1,089 posts, read 1,689,205 times
i don't know about posers. Yeah, i've seen a few ridiculous people(boot wearing, fur hugging ones in november weather for one) but i can't ever say i've had rude service in ANY store of any kind anywhere from venice to ellenton.
Maybe I'm not as sensitive as other people, but one thing I do not stand for is sloppy, indifferent service, and I really havent run into it...yet.

As far as posers are concerned, WHO CARES what they are- just walk away -move on.

Old 11-07-2013, 07:35 AM

128 posts, read 264,082 times
There's this place that I go to called "THE BEACH" that is very reasonable.

They're a chain, apparently, because I see them everywhere. Keep an eye on the west side of the street and you'll see them.

Free admission - lots of different people hang out there. Not a lot of fur coat wearers - although sometimes you'll see large men who appear to be wearing a fur coat, and then you get a little closer, and it's something else. Yuck.

It's BYOF & BYOB, so meal cost is totally up to you. Dress code is pretty relaxed. Check it out.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:26 AM

509 posts, read 907,304 times
Lol, Zmgriffith I tried to give you props, but I have to "spread it around" first.

Old 11-07-2013, 07:02 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,183,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Interesting that you say this, because I shop in all kinds of stores all over town, and I find the greatest number of "posers" and overall rude people with attitudes up in the stores around University Parkway. Of course not EVERYONE is like that, but I especially see them in that Publix up there (I won't go there anymore, WAY too many rude encounters! ) and also at the Fresh Market (I only rarely go there anymore).

And I too agree with PixiStix post (as I usually do it's not about the amount of money, it's about how people treat you and their attidude.

Cardiff made a great suggestion about the Coffee Loft, I love that little place, a real coffee house, plus their profits go to a good cause.
University Parkway area is exactly where I run into the greatest concentration of posers and rude folks, and I'm talking about the customers. Weird. I just don't know why that is. OTOH, in downtown Sarasota, I find the folks to be quite friendly.

Old 11-08-2013, 05:38 AM

490 posts, read 624,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmgriffith View Post
There's this place that I go to called "THE BEACH" that is very reasonable.

They're a chain, apparently, because I see them everywhere. Keep an eye on the west side of the street and you'll see them.

Free admission - lots of different people hang out there. Not a lot of fur coat wearers - although sometimes you'll see large men who appear to be wearing a fur coat, and then you get a little closer, and it's something else. Yuck.

It's BYOF & BYOB, so meal cost is totally up to you. Dress code is pretty relaxed. Check it out.
You are the official winner of this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area