Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 07:13 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times

Advertisements

I never met any snobby people I Sarasota however I never hung out anywhere near Lakewood Ranch. Downtown, Southside Village, Siesta Key, Gulf Gate, and St. Armands is where you'd find me. And occasionally downtown Longboat.

Blu Que Siesta Village has the best, cheapest happy hour in town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2013, 06:52 PM

440 posts, read 1,052,427 times
Snobby? I've met people with different accents than mine, people dressed differently than me, different cars than mine, differently decorated homes than me, different degrees of plastic surgery than me, different levels of education than me- yep. But I haven't met any more snobby people here than anywhere else I've lived. I've enjoyed meeting and talking with most of the people here with all their different experiences. Most of the people I've met here have been very friendly .I guess it depends on how you approach people.

Old 11-14-2013, 10:25 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Being poor is not about what has been done to u it's about what u have not done yet

Old 11-15-2013, 07:48 AM

1,713 posts, read 2,346,737 times
UV, you need to realize something. This is a forum where you ask for peoples OPINIONS! If you dont like them, you shouldnt ask for them. =P

Old 11-15-2013, 01:43 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,841,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Being poor is not about what has been done to u it's about what u have not done yet
Yep. Rich or poor, there are jackasses in each group. And angels.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:40 PM

16 posts, read 18,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beninfl View Post
UV, you need to realize something. This is a forum where you ask for peoples OPINIONS! If you dont like them, you shouldnt ask for them. =P
wow, you get to harass me openly, and post lies about me, and get away with it, yes, I am sure now, you know someone in "power" on here, apparently I got my post removed for using the simple word moderator? using the word is NOT against terms, but they chose to leave YOUR account here untouched, how nice.

So you know what ben? I'm going to go ahead and leave, congrats, you have successfully gotten rid of a newcomer to these forums. I didn't come here to be personally attacked. You can call it "your opinion" all you like, but the few posts you aimed at me right from the get go, have shown me that this forum is filled with trolls, and it would seem no one has the intention of removing them. So I will simply leave and go elsewhere to speak with people in my area with better interpersonal skills.

Last edited by Ultra_Violet; 11-16-2013 at 12:04 AM..

Old 11-16-2013, 07:56 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra_Violet View Post
wow, you get to harass me openly, and post lies about me, and get away with it, yes, I am sure now, you know someone in "power" on here, apparently I got my post removed for using the simple word moderator? using the word is NOT against terms, but they chose to leave YOUR account here untouched, how nice.

So you know what ben? I'm going to go ahead and leave, congrats, you have successfully gotten rid of a newcomer to these forums. I didn't come here to be personally attacked. You can call it "your opinion" all you like, but the few posts you aimed at me right from the get go, have shown me that this forum is filled with trolls, and it would seem no one has the intention of removing them. So I will simply leave and go elsewhere to speak with people in my area with better interpersonal skills.
You can put Ben on your ignore list and you will not see him. These forums are ful of good advice, I started on them in my hometown of Myrtle Beach/Charleston, SC, then when I moved to Sarasota I moved to this forum, and now that I've moved to Fort Lauderdale, I follow that forum. Even though I lived in these places, I always found good advice.

I really think you are meeting snobby people where you are hanging out. FWIW I've never met anyone with money that was a snob, only wannabees.

Old 11-16-2013, 09:32 AM

509 posts, read 906,993 times
Wannabes are the absolute worst.
You'll find every kind of person, in each demographic. I have family that are wealthy,... not only are they snobs, but they are some of the most selfish people I've ever known. I also know wealthy people outside of my family, some of whom are the nicest, most caring people I've ever met. A jackass while poor, will be a jackass with money, and vice versa.

Old 11-16-2013, 11:17 AM

4,894 posts, read 14,134,978 times
I've always been a fan of dive bars. One with the most history is The Cabana because it's surrounded by it's own motel. I love the place always have since SRQ Film Fest used to throw our after hours end of the fest parties there; presently, the place is under new management, cleaned up & I have a blast when I'm up there. Many events have no cover, i.e the awesomely packed 20 DJ party on Labor Day weekend & last months Halloween party Trick or Boo. Everyone was in costume; what a blast!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area