Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 03:34 PM

509 posts, read 907,216 times

Advertisements

Well, I'm no smoker, or drinker, but if I were a smoker, and looking to buy cigs on the cheap, I'd buy them online. They're pretty cheap online.
Then again,... I make good life choices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2013, 04:28 PM

490 posts, read 624,097 times
So I'm out with a friend and he excuses himself to go have a smoke. I say "You know those things will kill you?" He replies " I know. It's taking forever!"

Old 11-18-2013, 04:36 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,373,509 times
There is a place in port charlotte on 41 called rolly smokes. You buy your tobacco and tubes there. You then go next door and join the social club and for a small price they will put everything in the machines and you go home with a carton of smokes for a total of about $27. The people there are very nice and very helpful.

I am not going to judge you for your choices. We all have vices, just seems smoking tends to pi$$ people off for some reason. Those that love to berate people for smoking just need to get over it. Some people do, some people don't.

Old 11-18-2013, 04:36 PM

1,015 posts, read 1,654,771 times

Old 11-18-2013, 04:42 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,935,547 times
I don't berate but I do like to point out irony.

There is an e-cig place on bee ridge close to 41. It's called clean smoke USA.

Old 11-18-2013, 05:38 PM

1,713 posts, read 2,347,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrero View Post
I don't berate but I do like to point out irony.

There is an e-cig place on bee ridge close to 41. It's called clean smoke USA.
I wouldnt call that ironic at all.

e-cigarettes are water vapor and nicotine. They are harmless, and CAN even be sold to minors under 18! There's no ignition of smoke, no tar, no additives, no Ethel-methyl-bad-**** at all. You can even buy them without nicotine if you want to be socially acceptable. <G> But in seriousness, e-cigs are wonderful.

It's the 7mg of tar you have to inhale to get 0.6mg of nicotine that is the problem with real cigarettes. Nicotine in low doses is harmless. You dont want to drink a bottle of it, of course.

Old 11-18-2013, 06:18 PM

509 posts, read 907,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beninfl View Post
I wouldnt call that ironic at all.

e-cigarettes are water vapor and nicotine. They are harmless, and CAN even be sold to minors under 18! There's no ignition of smoke, no tar, no additives, no Ethel-methyl-bad-**** at all. You can even buy them without nicotine if you want to be socially acceptable. <G> But in seriousness, e-cigs are wonderful.

It's the 7mg of tar you have to inhale to get 0.6mg of nicotine that is the problem with real cigarettes. Nicotine in low doses is harmless. You dont want to drink a bottle of it, of course.
Now you're just insulting our collective intelligence.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:39 AM

3,179 posts, read 6,001,502 times
To all the people on here attacking the op for his decision to smoke: Do you also press your political and religious beliefs on others every chance you can???

Old 11-19-2013, 08:54 AM

53 posts, read 113,199 times
Default I'll drink to that!

[quote=Harbor Hopper;32292505]To all the people on here attacking the op for his decision to smoke: Do you also press your political and religious beliefs on others every chance you can???[/QUOTE

Old 11-19-2013, 09:54 AM

2,076 posts, read 3,105,339 times
I think we would not be piling on if OP had not been touting his "good choices" in another thread.

And smoking is not the same as religious and political beliefs. If you are a non smoker, it is disgusting to have to experience 2nd hand smoke. And you can't avoid it. You can avoid listening to others religious and political beliefs, but you can't avoid second hand smoke.

I am currrently in a hotel in Sarasota. No smoking in rooms policy. So the people 2 doors down smoke continously on the open walkway. They leave their ash tray there. We have to smell their smoke almost every time we walk to the elevator. And if they are not out there smoking, we smell their ash tray. It is all just gross.

So yes, I will berate smokers because they impose their choice on me in a way that religious or political fanatics do not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area