Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 08:32 AM

509 posts, read 906,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beninfl View Post
Its not even worth feeding the troll. He'll post the same thing in any thread Sarasota-related. Reviewing his total posts on City-Data not a single one is anything but troll-like. He even complains about the Beatles being rock snobs. I mean, come on. =P
True. It just seems so ridiculous, it's like going to Venice, Italy then complaining that it's wet. You know what you're getting into, it's Florida, not Wisconsin. I say this, because I know there are people who come without first visiting in the summer to see if they can deal with that. I cannot imagine doing that, I mean, come on, common sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2013, 10:01 AM

1,713 posts, read 2,346,548 times
I agree Frida! (Hey, look at that! )

If you just move to Sarasota, it's going to feel hot. Just like when we go to Cleveland Ohio where essessessessess is, it will feel extremely cold. Bodies acclimate to the area you are in. The first summer is hot, next summer not so much, and the third summer is just dandy.

I've reported ess's account for continued trolling, we'll see if the admins take any action, not a single post of his is nothing but complaints and insults.

Old 12-17-2013, 10:42 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,677,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beninfl View Post

I've reported ess's account for continued trolling, we'll see if the admins take any action, not a single post of his is nothing but complaints and insults.
People that come here to vent & be negative constantly have much deeper issues. The forum is an outlet for them to spread their misery. It makes them feel better about their selves. Many of these people come & go quickly thankfully but ess likes to stick around. Apparently after 100+ posts of "Sarasota sucks", he thinks we still just don't get it

Old 12-17-2013, 10:56 AM

1,713 posts, read 2,346,548 times
It's because he's stuck in Cleveland, Ohio. The land of the nothing and the boring.

Old 12-17-2013, 10:58 AM

1,201 posts, read 2,414,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiff by the Sea View Post
Yikes! This is really early in the winter to have temperatures that low. That is a late January - early February temperature pattern. Bitter cold this early is going to make it a long winter for her and really ugly time to do Christmas shopping. Just think about trudging across a mall parking lot in below zero weather with the wind blowing. Makes me want to cry just imagining it.
Online shopping is the way to go! Haven't gone to the mall yet this season, but that may change as I need to find one more special item for the wifey. I'll make sure to bundle up for the parking lot walk then sweat like a rabid doggie inside.

Old 12-18-2013, 05:51 AM

529 posts, read 1,008,153 times
It seems like FL gets this great weather every December. The cold fronts that blow through in the fall don't affect you guys like the rest of us and it obviously has to be because of the water temps and the residual heat left over from summer.

Can't wait to experience the mid 80's this weekend.

Old 12-18-2013, 08:25 PM

1,236 posts, read 4,046,783 times
Default Still in the Frozen Tundra of Oregon

This was the last straw ...... Five inches of snow, temperature 05 degrees, frozen pipes, no water, ice on the driveway and road into town ....... called my Realtor and signed the contract to sell !

So go see my new thread about Sarasota Here I Come, and help me find a Town Home, pleeze...

Old 12-18-2013, 08:36 PM

12,200 posts, read 7,214,417 times
^ You must be in eastern OR because western/coastal OR does not get that cold.

Old 12-19-2013, 02:38 AM

509 posts, read 906,944 times
Good for you, Coneyisbabe, you'll love it here I'm sure!

Old 12-19-2013, 07:53 AM

1,236 posts, read 4,046,783 times
Default I'm in Rogue River

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
^ You must be in eastern OR because western/coastal OR does not get that cold.
Normally it does not get below freezing in the valleys but this year it went down to 05 When I called the plumber about frozen pipes he said I was #20 on his list

So, enjoy your wonderful winter weather
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area