Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 12:02 PM

1,236 posts, read 4,046,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Rules View Post
Hi,

The Whole Foods Market in our area is located in downtown Sarasota, on 1st street near Lemon. What condo communities located within what might be considered close by are mainly luxury condos, which come with a higher price tag, both for resale and as rentals. There are some less expensive options further away but still close to downtown -- they are older condo (not townhome) complexes in the US41 & Wood street area and also on Osprey Ave.

What is your budget for a Sarasota rental? Knowing that would help in making suggestions for you.

You may want to consider renting a small home as an option because most of the condo communities in our area have rental restrictions against tenants having pets. Most, but not all.
Thank you for the response about WF/Market. I don't think I'd like being in a condo because sometimes my dog Jack barks at the TV and I would not want to bother the neighbors. I guess my better option might be a 2/2 rental home, but my rental budget is around $2k per month. Is that doable ?? I guess it would be OK to be within five or 10 miles from the WF/Market but after living out in the country for the last 10 years I like the idea of being able to walk to stores, restaurants, etc. just as a recreation activity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2013, 12:16 PM

1,713 posts, read 2,346,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyIsBabe View Post
Thank you for the response about WF/Market. I don't think I'd like being in a condo because sometimes my dog Jack barks at the TV and I would not want to bother the neighbors. I guess my better option might be a 2/2 rental home, but my rental budget is around $2k per month. Is that doable ?? I guess it would be OK to be within five or 10 miles from the WF/Market but after living out in the country for the last 10 years I like the idea of being able to walk to stores, restaurants, etc. just as a recreation activity.
That's *easily* doable.

Old 12-21-2013, 04:50 PM

398 posts, read 822,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
bring your ipad, cuz you're gonna be bored!
You're only bored in SRQ if you want to be !

Old 12-22-2013, 12:40 AM

7,448 posts, read 7,580,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
bring your ipad, cuz you're gonna be bored!
I grew up in Cold Bay, Alaska, population 256. It was 625 miles past the road system and civilization, at the end of the Alaska Peninsula. We had no TV and no radio, and this was way before the internet and video games. But boredom is something I never experienced growing up. I can't imagine being bored in Florida in 2013.

Old 03-14-2015, 05:41 PM

1 posts, read 617 times
Any thoughts on relocating to Bradenton from upstate ny? Best areas, apartment complexes? Blue collar jobs? Please advise.

Old 03-14-2015, 05:59 PM

2,407 posts, read 3,186,786 times
You would do better to start a new thread instead of jumping on one that is over a year old.

Also- what kind of blue collar jobs? What's your rent budget? Coming with wife, kids, dog, other pets?

A little more info would help a great deal. See sticky with questions on top of forum.

Old 03-14-2015, 06:53 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,103,833 times
And try reading some recent threads. Those questions have been asked and answered many many times.

Old 03-14-2015, 07:45 PM

2,407 posts, read 3,186,786 times
Sticky I referenced was on another forum, but basically asked what you were looking for in apartment, who was coming with you, and what kind of work? You really need to have a job lined up before you move.

Old 03-15-2015, 02:49 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Pet friendly rentals are very difficult to find!
We tried for years but often ended up with places that were less than perfect. You can definitely find some decent ones if off-season. That is, if you are content renting from May-November and possibly moving from one place to another every couple of months, you can get something decent.
Many condo's and townhouses allow pets ONLY for owners...tenants cannot have them.

I think I get the idea of what you are looking for...and it doesn't seem to me that you are a candidate for 5-10 miles from Whole Foods. You can find plenty of good stuff within 2 miles - at least that's biking or walking distance, or a 3 minute car ride.

We just purchased in Paver Park - which is 3 blocks from Payne Park, a large new park bordering on downtown. Houses in this area go from $120 (tear down or full remodel) to $150 (lowest livable price) to $300K (fully remodeled or even new built on tear down lot).

In general, I'd suggest looking at the area bounded by these roads....
Fruitville to the North.
Webber to the South.
Beneva to the West
This will put you within easy distance to parks, beaches, downtown, farmers market, etc.....without major traffic.
You can also go further south into what is called Southgate or Gulf Gate, etc. - all these areas are really up and coming now that the recession is over. They are cute, safe and have easy access to everything. Yet you have privacy and usually no hassles with HOAs, etc.

The bay is to the west so you don't need to draw a line there. Anything affordable is going to be west of 41 also.

Here is an example house in the area I am talking about....

2667 Sydelle Street, Sarasota FL For Sale | Trulia.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area