Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 10:41 AM

2,076 posts, read 3,103,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beninfl View Post
You should have seen the deleted post where he's cussing us all out. That's what prompted the troll alert warnings, besides the general attitude still being displayed here.....
I love the way this forum is moderated. True trolls out. The rest of us outspoken and tactless members get to be ourselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2013, 08:44 AM

490 posts, read 623,657 times
My wife and I have had mixed results there. We've been underwhelmed by the food but what an amazing beer selection. We mostly go there for a cocktail and order an appetizer or two. I've enjoyed a couple of entrees but was never blown away by the food so it became a place for a snack and a beer or three. We also always seem to be close to some very loud and obnoxious people. We stopped going due to that more than the food. Great concept if they did a better job with the food and didn't attract people who think everyone in the place wants to hear what they're saying.

Old 12-25-2013, 09:26 AM

27 posts, read 45,438 times
from what I've seen lately esp geckos64-70 (or the Rev) is not a good alternative for blondefatties to be scarfing down Monday 5-dollar burger specials either especially at any loud bar ! it's probably better to get a table away from any bar anyway, so you can scarf food down in peace, then get more nasty takeout for home !

Old 12-29-2013, 07:30 PM

807 posts, read 3,186,016 times
My bride and I have been to Revelry and enjoyed the experience. The food was really good and service was great! My only negative was thinking the value was a little short. It seemed the prices were high for the product. When I can go elsewhere with a similar experience but for less money, I probably will. Just my .02.

Old 12-31-2013, 12:35 PM

27 posts, read 45,438 times
prices high for the quality of product is an understatement !

burgers at 11 and 12 dollars ? a cheap french/english dip sandwich at 12 dollars ??
pork chop for NINETEEN ? short ribs/mushroom, "pie" dish at 22.00 ?

They say they serve "Harris Ranch" beef...big deal, it's a brand. But they don't tell you that
Harris Ranch cuts and sells USDA CHOICE and USDA "SELECT" (which is the LOWEST grade also
sold by places like WALMART) If don't think I got CHOICE grade beef short ribs - it looked and tasted
like garden variety SELECT short ribs. The menu certainly didn't verify or state so. Harris Beef sells a ton of PRE FULLY COOKED, PRE PACKAGED short ribs - I suspect that's what they're selling anyway.

I hope they sell a lot of this relatively over-priced vs quality uninspired food to stay in business. I don't see or have tasted anything to get overly excited about. Too much better food around.gl

Last edited by blondeFatChick; 12-31-2013 at 12:46 PM..

Old 11-11-2014, 04:28 PM

490 posts, read 623,657 times

Old 11-19-2014, 08:53 PM

62 posts, read 96,499 times
Since this thread was revived...

Revelry is still alive. My wife and I go there often. We sit at the bar, never at a table, and generally have appetizers: their brat bites and shrimp with sweet chili sauce are first-rate. It's not Indigenous or Mozaic, but nothing we've had there has been disappointing.

But we're mainly there because its a small, intimate bar, their rotating craft beer selection is by far the best we've found in the area, and the bar staff is very friendly and accomodating.

Our only complaint is that they close both the restaurant and bar at 10 pm...far too early for such a nice bar.

Old 11-21-2014, 06:42 AM

4,894 posts, read 14,134,978 times
The best burgers are at Patrick's on Main Street & they have numerous opportunities on weekdays to enjoy at 1/2 price ~ the definition of insanity is repeating the same action & expecting it to change ~ so many choices in this county to enjoy your food.

Old 11-21-2014, 07:21 AM

118 posts, read 182,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pltrgyst View Post
Since this thread was revived...

Revelry is still alive. My wife and I go there often. We sit at the bar, never at a table, and generally have appetizers: their brat bites and shrimp with sweet chili sauce are first-rate. It's not Indigenous or Mozaic, but nothing we've had there has been disappointing.

But we're mainly there because its a small, intimate bar, their rotating craft beer selection is by far the best we've found in the area, and the bar staff is very friendly and accomodating.

Our only complaint is that they close both the restaurant and bar at 10 pm...far too early for such a nice bar.

We've been there twice and that is exactly what we do - sit at the bar and order a couple appetizers. Enjoyed the experience both times. That's what we usually do when we go out - sit at the bar and order our food there. LOL - My husband gets his beer faster that way than sitting at a table, and he hates to wait for a beer!! And if a place has a good craft beer list at a decent price, he's happy.

Ruth

Old 06-26-2016, 05:51 AM

1 posts, read 723 times
Default Revelry CLosed May 29th

Thought you all might like to know Revelry has closed, and info has it He couldn't pay his rent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area