Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 04:01 PM

244 posts, read 372,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
I've had three sales on Longview Lake and every time the paperwork showed "Bradenton" but I think they go by the zipcode, not the town name anyway. I was actually a bit disappointed when the address changed from Bradenton to LWR because "Lakewood Ranch" is a longer name for writing and typing.

I don't know what your expectations are but I think you will find that it's a pretty friendly place.
lol, i don't have any expectations other than fun in the sun…. we are looking fwd to a friendly area with some kids, hopefully for my 8 yr old.. anything has to be better than NY !!!!!
don't care one way or the other what our address is just hoping to make some new friends and have a more visitor friendly home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2014, 04:04 PM

were the sales you made on longview lake families, young kids, etc……. ?? hopefully there are a lot of families in the area….would love that..

Old 01-30-2014, 06:14 PM

5,662 posts, read 10,741,856 times
Well...actually...one was a newly retired couple and the other two were to and from the same young couple. They built with me, decided they wanted to go back to NJ, and then had me sell the house about six months later. They wanted a NJ nightlife here and, of course, that's not what we have here. If they had asked me in the beginning, they would have known but they never mentioned it. On the plus side, they made money on the deal!

Old 01-30-2014, 07:38 PM

4,615 posts, read 7,537,235 times
My experience with Central Park in LWR is that it is a mix of baby boomer/retirees AND young families. I've had several sales there in the past couple of years and I've made a number of trips there over the past few months during the construction of one particular home. On those trips I have noticed children playing in driveways, riding bikes and at the playground in the central park area, especially on nice weather days. The community also hosts periodic holiday events that are definitely geared more towards families and children. If you have specific questions, you can always contact the sales rep at the model homes.

Old 02-01-2014, 05:50 AM

We are not looking for a nightlife, been there, done that… well maybe some good restaurants and such… kids at the park and in driveways is exactly what we are looking for, outdoor activities such as bike trails and outdoor living is what we are most looking forward to..

Old 02-01-2014, 07:09 AM

78 posts, read 109,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luby162 View Post
were the sales you made on longview lake families, young kids, etc……. ?? hopefully there are a lot of families in the area….would love that..

Luby 162, congrats on your new home. We spoke (c/d forum) back in May or June when you started looking and we were just closing on our home in Central Park. When will you be moving down full time? We are back and forth (from L.I.) on a regular basis now and hope to be full time by years end. So far we love it here. We are in our 50's, but there are many families in our area (Gramercy Park).

Charlie

Old 02-01-2014, 12:31 PM

4,615 posts, read 7,537,235 times
Regarding the OP's question about names of builders that offer master bedroom on 2nd floor with the others -- Ryland Homes offers the Celebration floor plan in Greyhawk Landings and Mirimar & Celebration floor plans in Arbor Reserve. Both are in southern Manatee county. GL is on SR-64 north of Lakewood Ranch, AR is on Lockwood Ridge Rd just south of SR-70.

Old 02-04-2014, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadVettes View Post
Luby 162, congrats on your new home. We spoke (c/d forum) back in May or June when you started looking and we were just closing on our home in Central Park. When will you be moving down full time? We are back and forth (from L.I.) on a regular basis now and hope to be full time by years end. So far we love it here. We are in our 50's, but there are many families in our area (Gramercy Park).

Charlie
Thank you, we are heading down full time late June/ early July, putting house on market March 1st. I will be there end of March and we are all going in April to tour some schools and such. We can't wait !!! especially with all this snow lately !!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area