Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 12:40 PM

9 posts, read 20,479 times

Advertisements

I plan to relocate to Sarasota this year if I have any luck selling my home here in OH. I want to come down in March to see Paradise for myself just to be sure I'm not making a mistake before I put my house on the market. It has a been a long 15 years since I was last in FL and I lived up in Treasure Island. I am concerned about the spring break crowd in Sarasota. I have several things to see while there and can't be caught up in that mess. I want to see the city as it is under normal circumstances. Is it really that crowded in March or will I be better off to wait until April? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2014, 12:51 PM

174 posts, read 408,882 times
You are better off to come down in May - Oct, IMO

Old 03-04-2014, 12:55 PM

1,642 posts, read 3,343,122 times
Easter is the rule of thumb.

So I guess you could say that is when Sarasota has its resurrection.

I don't know. Let me work on that.

Old 03-04-2014, 01:44 PM

9 posts, read 20,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcp528 View Post
You are better off to come down in May - Oct, IMO
I thought college Spring Break ended late March or beginning of April. I understand it will be full of snowbirds until May, but my concern is dealing with a large college Spring Break crowd. So to clarify my question, When do the college Spring Breakers leave?

Old 03-04-2014, 01:45 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,677,347 times
Come as late in April as possible. May is even better.

IMO, the 2 most perfect months here are May & Oct.

Old 03-04-2014, 01:47 PM

1,235 posts, read 3,677,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ColdBuckeye View Post
I thought college Spring Break ended late March or beginning of April. I understand it will be full of snowbirds until May, but my concern is dealing with a large college Spring Break crowd. So to clarify my question, When do the college Spring Breakers leave?
You have to realize that we not only have US spring breakers but many spring breakers from Europe. They take their breaks at different times. So we really don't have a spring break "week" here, it's more of a spring break month.

Old 03-04-2014, 02:51 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,931,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ColdBuckeye View Post
I plan to relocate to Sarasota this year if I have any luck selling my home here in OH. I want to come down in March to see Paradise for myself just to be sure I'm not making a mistake before I put my house on the market. It has a been a long 15 years since I was last in FL and I lived up in Treasure Island. I am concerned about the spring break crowd in Sarasota. I have several things to see while there and can't be caught up in that mess. I want to see the city as it is under normal circumstances. Is it really that crowded in March or will I be better off to wait until April? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Avoid March like the plague.

April will start to get better.

May we can all breathe and enjoy our elbow room again.

Old 03-04-2014, 04:38 PM

4,894 posts, read 14,134,135 times
We hired armed & unarmed security for our property out on SKB for the whole month of March starting this weekend. Google "college spring break weeks"; it's the whole month of March into mid April. It does not take into account "high school" spring break time nor does it take into account the European spring break.

Old 03-04-2014, 09:19 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,103,587 times
original poster

I love your user name. Winter in Ohio starts to feel really long about now, huh?

Old 03-05-2014, 06:22 AM

529 posts, read 1,008,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixiStix View Post
Come as late in April as possible. May is even better.

IMO, the 2 most perfect months here are May & Oct.
I agree about May with respect to the beach, the water warms into the 80's and it's crystal clear before the rainy season churns things up. And, other than Memorial Weekend, the place is deserted.

I have upcoming trips in Mar and May and the changes between the two will be interesting to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area