Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2014, 12:41 PM

4 posts, read 14,731 times

Advertisements

Well, not yet but we did buy our home for future use.

I wanted to say hello. I have been reading this forum the last couple of days getting gleaning all kinds of information. A thank you to all the locals and contributers for all of the information.

We just closed on our condo on Longboat Key. I am so very excited about it. We have spent the better part of 3 years shopping for a location in Florida. We have looked on both coasts north and south and we simply fell in love with the Sarasota area. We are big golfers but I am also a water rat and currently miss living near water where we live (just outside Toronto at the moment).

On our last session with our agent I convinced Mr. Frorose to book into the Lido Resort and they were kind enough to upgrade us to ocean view. He was sold. We found the condo shortly thereafter. I would love to live on Lido but the prices were just a little higher than my comfort zone. The condo we purchased on LBK needs a little cosmetic work but is beautifully laid out, bright and pretty much perfect. I have all the renovations planned in my head and hope to make them a reality by next year.

We are still 10 years from retirement (4 kids) but will use the condo when it's not rented. I loved the quietness of Longboat Key without all the super busy of Siesta. We took the kids down in March to show them and they are all in love as well. We bought bayside so I can have my kayak and maybe a boat someday. It's a quick walk across the street to the beach.

Anyhow. I am looking forward to spending more time there and getting to know more of the
Sarasota area. My hobbies include golf, quilting, swimming, paddleboarding, kayaking, crochet/knitting, theatre, etc. We are quite active. I have been a stay home mom mostly. i ran my own manufacturing company for 12 years and the kids had a nursery within. I sold it to be home full time after #4 and love being a stay home mom. I sell quilts for a little pin money, do a lot of volunteer work for youth sports groups in the area, (fundraising and admin). Mr. Frorose travels a lot for work so I like to go with him if the location intrigues me and we've travelled all around the world as a result. (very lucky) I am a points queen and utilize the opportunities to cash in points for travel whenever possible.

Haven't checked out the Golf club at LBK yet but it looked nice. Which other clubs are nearby? Willing to purchase a membership once we hit retirement but not until then.

Still navigating my way through some of the bits and bobs of owning a second home but looking forward to spending time discovering all the area has to offer. Nice to meet all of you. I do have a question

Does anyone know how to get a ITIN from Canada? I need a place to verify documents without having to send the originals to the IRS. as mentioned earlier. Mr. Frorose travels a lot and needs his passport/nexus for travel almost weekly. I have tried to google but no real luck. West end of Toronto to Hamilton would be perfect but willing to go the other direction if need be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 02:19 PM

4,788 posts, read 10,602,776 times
Surprised you didn't see it on the net...
A link, (about authors), but should apply regardless of vocation. Scroll down to How to Get ITIN:
How to Get an ITIN - Step-By-Step Self-Publishing

That art ref's a clear photocopy of your passport is acceptable...dunno.

And, the US IRS version:
ITIN Number | US Non Resident Taxes | US Canada Tax Experts | International Tax Consultants | Nonresident Taxes | US Taxes | Cross Border Taxes

GL, mD

Old 03-25-2014, 04:13 PM

4 posts, read 14,731 times
According to the IRS website I have previously been on original documents had to be sent unless verified through a certified accepting agent. It is the latter I am looking for in the GTA.
I can't have the original docs sitting in limbo at a government office. We travel too much.
(heading to Spain next month so I need my passport)

Heck the IRS help center in Buffalo can't even verify docs at this point. It looks like they will be doing so as of next though so I may as well wait and do it then.

We inherited a tenant and contract to finish up and the property management company won't release the rent cheques until we have a TIN number.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
View detailed profiles of: