Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 05:43 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,261,635 times

Advertisements

Here I go again, trying to dig up some dirt on Parrish. Seems like it's our first choice to relocate. I'd like to know if anyone is moving out of the area because they don't like it, or if you know someone that is unhappy there..Please share the negatives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 08:12 AM

4,894 posts, read 14,138,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
Here I go again, trying to dig up some dirt on Parrish. Seems like it's our first choice to relocate. I'd like to know if anyone is moving out of the area because they don't like it, or if you know someone that is unhappy there..Please share the negatives.

You still need professional help.

Old 05-23-2008, 11:42 AM

Y do I need professional help?? : (

Old 05-23-2008, 12:49 PM

4,894 posts, read 14,138,002 times
Quote:
Y do I need professional help?? : (
"I'm trying to dig up the dirt on Parrish"...c'mon now...sounds pretty "high school" to me....you're a teacher for pete's sake....

Old 05-23-2008, 12:59 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,121,426 times
Quote:
I guess I don't understand why you are asking people for negatives? It sounds like you decided you want to move there, but want to be talked out of it.

Old 05-23-2008, 03:53 PM

1,336 posts, read 4,965,188 times
i play golf in and around parrish....lets just say theres not much down there to put it mildly, its no mans land with a few lower priced housing developments sprinkled in.

Old 05-24-2008, 07:16 PM

Im not trying to be talked out of it.. Im just concerned about neighboring areas, since I know they can be a bit sketchy. I know it's out in the boonies so to speak, and Frankly, I love that. I guess it just seems like the perfect area for my husband and I to relocate. Im just waiting for the big "oh no" to come like they did in other areas we were interested in. Im thrilled that no one has said anything to deter us..

Old 05-24-2008, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywithafan View Post
"I'm trying to dig up the dirt on Parrish"...c'mon now...sounds pretty "high school" to me....you're a teacher for pete's sake....
It's a figure of speech and I was being "cheeky" about it

Old 05-25-2008, 01:33 PM

5 posts, read 10,886 times
We just sold our home off of Golf Course Rd and couldn't be happier to move closer to civialization . To me its rural, if you have children in school PLEASE check to see where they are districted to. I didn't and paid a good penny for our home just to drive drive drive. I have 3 children and have 2 school choiced (really hardshiped so they do not get transportation by the school) so I drive one 12 miles away and the other another 6 miles further. So my day is spent driving. We all would joke about "going into town" for groceries. Now there is a Publix 6 miles away which is nice (this is the closest thing to us). There's nothing around .... to this day I don't know how we got there. Its tough when your new to an area and a realtor starts driving you around- it takes me awhile to get my barings and when I did, I didn't like it.

We took a huge loss, but I'm so much happier closer to town. If you like to drive its nice and peaceful out there. There are lots of developements from Twin Rivers to Foxbrook, River's Reach, River Place, River Wilderness, Kingsfield, and the newest Cross Creek plus more...
This area was on fire a few years ago (all farm land before) but building has slowed down and there lots of forclosures and short sales. Alot of businesses were slated for the area, but that's slowed to almost a halt right now.

We built in Twin Rivers which was a tomato field and next to that cattle and orange groves. When we first moved there we saw so many wild animals from boars, fox, racoons, deer, armadillos etc. but 3 years later they were gone. A little scarier was HUGE spiders that some exterminators didn't even know what they were, a dimond back rattle snake, and my son called me into his bedroom one day saying he had a scorpion in his room- yeah right. I killed in and he brought it in to ask his science teacher and sure enough it was.

Like any place there's good and bad. Its a beautiful area, country like, safe, and growing (slowly).

Old 05-25-2008, 01:38 PM

5 posts, read 10,886 times
Forgot to ask you what areas your referring to as "a bit sketchy"

What area (road wise) are you looking at-that'll help in giving you an idea about that exact location. Also you will get some good deals in the above developements I mentioned and they are all differ price ranges from $150k to over 1 million.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area