Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 03:18 PM

46 posts, read 125,999 times

Advertisements

my wife and i are in our early 30's and have 3 kids under 10...was looking at the venice area and was wondering if it is a family friendly area..what is the median age...dont want to be in aolder area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 05:06 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,840,806 times
The average age in Venice is 68 but the schools are ranked very well. You might want to look a little farther south into North Port where the average age is 38 and the housing prices are more reasonable.

Can you tell us a little more about what you are looking for and your rental or price range so we can pinpoint the best areas?

Old 06-02-2014, 10:01 PM

14 posts, read 38,688 times
Wonderful, since we are talking Venice, this is one of our choices for moving to when we leave Central Missouri. We want to be within walking distance of a downtown area or at least biking distance. It would seem Venice housing on the Island of Venice is pretty high. But I still cannot rule it out as a place to call home, because it sounds so lovely!

We will be visiting in August, so if anyone has any suggestions of great little towns with a downtown area and lots of community activity, I am open to listening and probably visiting this summer.

Thanks

Last edited by flyred77; 06-02-2014 at 10:02 PM.. Reason: Typos

Old 06-03-2014, 05:26 AM

3,979 posts, read 10,502,464 times
Here are some links to the Venice area if you want to read more about the community. It has a nice downtown walking area with shops and restaurants. There are a few beaches, including a dog beach. The jetty's are nice to watch people fishing and sometimes you will see dolphins. Sharky's on the Pier is a restaurant right on the beach and there is a bar and fishing pier. There are a lot of older homes in Venice, but quite a few new community developments too. Just depending on what type of property you are looking for.

City of Venice - Welcome to the official Website of City of Venice, FL
Venice Chamber of Commerce - Venice Area Chamber of Commerce > Home
Main Street Venice - Venice MainStreet - Home
Venice Beaches - Venice Florida! | Venice Florida Beaches

Old 06-03-2014, 05:37 AM

75 posts, read 116,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
The average age in Venice is 68 but the schools are ranked very well. You might want to look a little farther south into North Port where the average age is 38 and the housing prices are more reasonable.

Can you tell us a little more about what you are looking for and your rental or price range so we can pinpoint the best areas?
WOW 68, is that true? I am 66 and also looking at Venice in a few years.

Old 06-03-2014, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyred77 View Post
Wonderful, since we are talking Venice, this is one of our choices for moving to when we leave Central Missouri. We want to be within walking distance of a downtown area or at least biking distance. It would seem Venice housing on the Island of Venice is pretty high. But I still cannot rule it out as a place to call home, because it sounds so lovely!

We will be visiting in August, so if anyone has any suggestions of great little towns with a downtown area and lots of community activity, I am open to listening and probably visiting this summer.

Thanks
If you are looking for a walkable downtown area you have a few options:
Downtown Sarasota
Downtown Venice
Downtown Punta Gorda

Each area has their own unique vibe. In general, the Sarasota area would be the most expensive, followed by the Island of Venice and lastly Punta Gorda. All of them have scheduled events-The Boat Races, The Hibiscus Fest, Air Shows, Arts Fests. They also each have their own farmers market.

If you are specifically interested in Venice you might want to look a little north into Nokomis. There's an area called Baypoint Park, just over the bridge off Albee Farm Rd. This area is bikeable to the beach and reasonably priced.

To give us a better idea of what you're looking for it would help to know a bit more about your needs. What is your price range or rental range? What type of home are you looking for- age, size, pool or no pool, etc? Do you have kids-are schools an issue? Any other concerns desires or concerns?

Old 06-03-2014, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazed1 View Post
WOW 68, is that true? I am 66 and also looking at Venice in a few years.
http://www.city-data.com/city/Venice-Florida.html 67.6 I rounded up

Old 06-03-2014, 12:10 PM

46 posts, read 125,999 times
Looking for 4 or 5 bed 1500 rent max. Job is in palmetto. Didnt want to go much further than 1 hr away...how much farther is northport. Cause I have looked in that area as well as port charlotte

Old 06-03-2014, 05:11 PM

75 posts, read 116,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
Damn, Venice is looking better and better. What is the hurricane situation? I live in Palm Bay for 18 years and rode out 3 canes.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:59 PM

Here's the strike chart. I was born and raised in the area and I've never gone to a shelter or evacuated due to a hurricane. Now, had I know Charley was going to make a sudden turn in the last 30 minutes, I probably would have left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area